Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Can Am Reducing MSRP Across The Board

Lower Priced Spyders

The “price repositioning” (as Can-Am calls it) of the Spyder lineup correlates to what the company says is a massive demand for their trikes in the used vehicle space. A whopping 63% of Spyders sold last year were used, prompting the company reevaluate their current pricing strategy.
    New pricing sees the Spyder F3 drop $2,000 to $15,999, while the F3 S drops a whopping $3,800. The base F3-T will see an even bigger drop of $4,700. The Spyder RT drops $1,000, while the RT LTD drops $2,300. https://www.rideapart.com/articles/2...heaper-spyder/

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the update. I am glad to see the lower MSRP across the board.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've heard the dealers like this.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If it helps to sell more new bikes:
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

It will have a big effect on the used market.
    There are more than a few for sale on this forum that are very overpriced. Not sure where some even come up with prices. Maybe they not research the market or refuse to believe values drop quickly.
    The reduced prices for new will make the overpriced even more so.
    I'm thinking there will be a lot of sellers losing their butts in the next year or so.
    Then things will settle down in the used market.

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Spyder Garage

It is a mixed bag for the dealers. Can Am apparently did not reduce the price on any left over models, so the dealers are stuck trying to sell off left overs at the old prices. So they have a lot of incentive to not order any 2019s until all of the old back stock is gone, or just order and not floor it. Also, from what my dealer told me Can Am is also doing some goofy things with the Rykers. He told me that if they want to carry Rykers, dealers have to make minimum orders that may or may not be realistic, and they have to buy a large and expensive floor display that takes up a ton of sale floor space.

Makes you wonder.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ofdave View Post
    It will have a big effect on the used market.
    There are more than a few for sale on this forum that are very overpriced. Not sure where some even come up with prices. Maybe they not research the market or refuse to believe values drop quickly.
    The reduced prices for new will make the overpriced even more so.
    I'm thinking there will be a lot of sellers losing their butts in the next year or so.
    Then things will settle down in the used market.
    Agree completely. There is often a significant difference between what an owner believes his machine is worth and what the market deems reasonable. Still, we're better off than some owners of German or Italian luxury cars that discover their vehicles lose as much as 40% of their value during the first twelve months of ownership! Ouch!!
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KX5062 View Post
    It is a mixed bag for the dealers. Can Am apparently did not reduce the price on any left over models, so the dealers are stuck trying to sell off left overs at the old prices. So they have a lot of incentive to not order any 2019s until all of the old back stock is gone, or just order and not floor it. Also, from what my dealer told me Can Am is also doing some goofy things with the Rykers. He told me that if they want to carry Rykers, dealers have to make minimum orders that may or may not be realistic, and they have to buy a large and expensive floor display that takes up a ton of sale floor space.

Makes you wonder.
    BRP effectively reduced the price of 2018 and prior models by adding a $5500 rebate to them. The dealers are NOT stuck with them at old pricing. Advertised pricing on left over 2018s are very enticing right now.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default Less standard equipment

If you go to the Build section of the Can Am website you’ll notice they reduced price and standard equipment. If u add the equipment that came standard w the 2018’s, the price isn’t much lower. Just a few bucks.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

Default I will take what I can get

but wouldnt you think the RTLs would have the bigger discounts?

Dave

Spyder Garage

We bought a 2019 F3 Limited for only $800 more than the 2018 model and that is with the rebate applied on the 2018. It was a no brainer for us.
    The new pricing worked in our favor, but I feel for those that paid full price for a 2018 earlier this year. They are the ones that will loose big time if they have to sell.

Spyder Garage

Default ooouch!!!

This will make a mess with the pricing or the used units as well as the leftover ones. Just have to wait and see how it all pans out. Do feel for those that need to sell especially as the season comes to a close....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred View Post
    If you go to the Build section of the Can Am website you’ll notice they reduced price and standard equipment. If u add the equipment that came standard w the 2018’s, the price isn’t much lower. Just a few bucks.
    I cannot see anything removed from an F3T to make it 4700 cheaper. Looks mostly the same as prior year.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default Used prices

I just did a review of used prices in Cycle Trader. This does not seem to have affected prices.

Spyder Garage

Do not forget there will be a 25% Trump tariff on 2019 models. 3-6 k depends on price. I think 18s and used will sell more.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Makes you wonder.
    It sounds a bit like what my dealer talked about in 08/09 when the 's first came out. Minimum orders, much stock, many accessories, expensive display. We will have to see how it works out in the long run.

Demand seems to be there--based on what we have HEARD from many. How many are going to step up with the cash, order, and actually buy the Ryker????

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default $800.00 Spyder

If I could find an $800.00 Spyder I would buy about 10 of them today....
    hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    We bought a 2019 F3 Limited for only $800 more than the 2018 model and that is with the rebate applied on the 2018. It was a no brainer for us.
    The new pricing worked in our favor, but I feel for those that paid full price for a 2018 earlier this year. They are the ones that will loose big time if they have to sell.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    Do not forget there will be a 25% Trump tariff on 2019 models. 3-6 k depends on price. I think 18s and used will sell more.
    Where are you getting this information from? None of the Dealers that I have spoken with seem to know anything about this?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BRP has always "pushed" things on to dealers. That's why a lot of Ski-Doo dealers went out of business around here. You sell 75 sleds, they send your 100 the next year. Sell those or don't sell those they send you 125 the year after. At some point the numbers just don't make sense. Just spoke to my dealer about the Ryker. He will be getting 10 Rally's in December. He only sells a handful of Spyder's a year (mostly RT's) so I hope he can get rid of these. If not maybe I can work a good deal LOL

Spyder Garage

Default RT

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    I cannot see anything removed from an F3T to make it 4700 cheaper. Looks mostly the same as prior year.
    Hello.

I didn’t try building a F3, I own a ‘18 RTL so I looked at the ‘19 RTL. My 18 came w chrome floorboards, electric vented windshield etc. So I built a 2019 RTL w the same equipment as my 18, and the MSRP came to about $30,200. I believe the ‘18 RTL MSRP was about $30,400. So I know for RT owners there isn’t much of a difference. F3 must be different. Couple months ago my dealer had about 14 pages of inventory (F3 & RT models). As of last week he only had 8 Spyders (not even one full page), no RT’s. The 8 he had were F3’s so I’m guessing the new rebate made people jump on 18 RT’s.
    Either way, I don’t regret buying my 18. I love it, made great memories, got a good deal and looks like only difference on 19’s is color. I mostly ride 2 up, so RT is for me......but must admit....I’d like to get a Ryker Rally for my solo rides. Maybe in 2020. Lol.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    If I could find an $800.00 Spyder I would buy about 10 of them today....
    hahahahaha
    Not sure Dave where you got that the Spyder was $800. I think you need to re-read what I wrote.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Where are you getting this information from? None of the Dealers that I have spoken with seem to know anything about this?
    I'd like to know also. The guy says that in every thread yet the 3 dealer's I've talked to say there is no such thing

Spyder Garage

An update about minimum orders. I was on the phone with my dealer today. He stated that they are no longer going to be selling Spyders. The Ryker is the straw that broke the camels back.

Minimum order twelve plus a multi thousand dollar display set up. Similar to what he talked about in 08/09.

Now, no selling dealers for Spyder in the state of Alaska. Nearest will be Whitehorse, YK Territories or Washington State (lower 48).

They are going to service Spyders for the next two years.

A big disappointment to me. There are not many of us who have been with the brand from its inception. There are not many of us who have purchased five different ones over the years. I feel not to happy over this.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Makes you wonder.
    I've read that the minimum RYKER order is 12. It looks like BRP has dropped the RT prices to '14-'15 levels.
    Mike
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Default purchased friday

couldn't pass up a $15,000 spyder now we have two
    2018 F3s , Gold