Spyder Garage

Default Waiting on 2018 F3-S to arrive from iMotorsports!

Hello everyone.
    I'm new to the forum and Spyders. I'm trading in my 2017 Slingshot SL for the 2018 F3-S. That's right, I've seen the light. The Slingshot was just kind of too much like driving a car. I wanted a change and my buddy Spyder601 has definitely influenced me.
    Anyway, it COULD be here this week. They said it would be here on "this week's truck." Anyway, I generally direct all of my questions to my buddy, but in this instance, i thought it'd be better just to break the ice and ask.
    In waiting for the Spyder to arrive, I've been wondering about the "essential tools" i may need to do the minor upgrades, i.e. fog lights, led headlights, whatever i may need to take panels off with, etc. I THINK it's a hex bit and maybe some kind of allen wrench (based on the LaMonster YouTube channel i've been soaking up).

Anyway, what essential tools will i need to work on my new spyder?

I CANNOT WAIT for this baby to come in. I'm totally new to motorcycles, too. No "unlearning" for me haha. I'm glad to have this site as a resource and look forward to learning and getting to know new people!

Thanks!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Congrats,

and welcome. As far as the tools, my kit consists of band aids for my knuckles. You will get better advice.

Spyder Garage

Default TORX Drivers

A basic tool set is a set of TORX drivers.; Manual ones, not bits for a power driver. With a power driver it's easy to cross thread the brass inserts that hold the body panels on and strip them. Can Am won't sell you new inserts, you have to buy entire panels. A decent adjustable wrench and screwdriver set is also a must. If you are going ot carry this on the bike, there are good quality screwdrivers that have multiple bits stored inside one handle that save space. A small assortment of fuses can be handy as well and a pair of pliers. I've probably forgotten a few things but other posters will catch them.

Spyder Garage

and on your new ryde.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Welcome aboard. I can't wait to see your new rYde!
    17 F3 Limited (Pearl White), Sena 10C intercom, X Grip iPhone mount, IPS key, spyder to go cup holder, Lamonster Highway Center Lane, TricLED engine lights, TricLED night rider, LS2 Helmets, Lamonster Bypass pipe, 2 Brothers Exhaust, mirror relocator kit, Bluetooth radio module, OEM Backrest, Rear LED Light Kit

2017 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Yes, welcome to the light.

Like was said a good set of torx drivers. T30 is especially common on the bike.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default New Spyder Owner

Welcome to the wonderful world of Spyder. You will love it. Enjoy the Spyder ride time.
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Welcome. After you get your Spyder and the dust settles, let us know how your experience with iMotorsports was from start to finish.
    ----
    Joe

2023 F3

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tibadoe View Post
    Welcome. After you get your Spyder and the dust settles, let us know how your experience with iMotorsports was from start to finish.
    I definitely will. I will say all things are positive. Smooth process thus far. Jayson called me last night to tell me to expect delivery this Saturday.
    One kind of negative thing I will mention is that you need to know what you want. They won’t come out and ask you what positions of the ufit system you want/need. I had to ask. I had to ask for the blue ridge windshield to be installed. Which all of that is fine, it’s just that I got the feeling I had to remember all the things I wanted to ask about, like they’re not just super informative passed Year/Model. Also, they could be a little more transparent with the goings on behind the scenes. I’ve had to call and ask for updates quite a bit and I felt considering the money I’m spending they could do more to keep me informed. Because of this, I end up speaking with the finance guy more than the sales guy and he might not be too keen on lead times and installation and so forth, but.. so far, I’m very impressed with it all and they do a fine job. Just wish they were slightly more transparent and informative considering I’m buying sight unseen and online. If I was physically coming to the dealership, it wouldn’t be an issue.

Ill update as as things progress.

Spyder Garage

Default inch pounds torque wrench

we already had a foot pounds torque wrench but found the need for an inch pounds wrench when working on the spyder. Be very careful of which you're supposed to use.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

8866972832.jpgI would get a T25,T27,T30 T Handle set of torx drivers. I think I got mine off a Matco truck but you can find them at Sears or online. Don't buy a set just the ones you need. Get a flat ratchet as shown at the beginning for close quarters like the rear of the seat on each side.Don't worry about getting safety torx you wont need them.The 4 chrome screws in the panels (2 on each side) are studs and do not come out the push into rubber grommets. I can't think of anything else out of the ordinary. Oh yeah go to the Harley dealer and get an air valve extension.It is about 6" long and will make checking the rear air much easier. Harley sells them for the Ultra but they work for us too. A little over $10.00. Others may give you other ideas. on the new ride.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the Spyder World where fun times is always happening.... Congratulations on your new ride. Enjoy it.

Spyder Garage

IMG_1097.jpg

Welp, here's a picture of her that Jason sent me today. As of right now, still at the dealership. This anticipation is awful!

Spyder Garage

Default UPDATE

Well, the delivery finally arrived guys! Around 7PM Sunday night. Not quite the truck I was expecting, but at least he was on time. He was here a total of about 5 minutes. Didn't even have to sign anything. He did NOT have the stock handlebards Jason promised, but I'm sure they'll send them to me. Anyway, he pulled up, I walked out to meet him. He asked if I had my Slingshot, I replied yes, I went to the garage and drove it to him while he was setting up the on ramps. I hopped out and he jumped in it and loaded it onto the truck. He had set the Spyder at the end of the driveway. I hopped on it and wheeled into my garage. Bim bam boom. I did a once over around the bike upon his suggestion and he was off. No signing of any papers. That was it. Very happy with the process, all in all. I now have a lot more room in my garage haha. P.S. not sure why these photos are not upright as they are on my computer. Sorry!

56004539802__C0FDEE8C-36CC-4045-A1D6-4CFFA371CCB5.jpgIMG_6774.jpg

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Congrats! That looks like the same rig that delivered my bike. I did have to sign a little paper work for the trade in and delivery though. Just 2 signatures I think. But yes, it was a pain free process.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Talking Congratulations!

I ordered mine from iMotorsports also! It is supposed to arrive this week! I am so excited!!!! Love the yellow, bright like the sun!

Spyder Garage
    17 F3 Limited (Pearl White), Sena 10C intercom, X Grip iPhone mount, IPS key, spyder to go cup holder, Lamonster Highway Center Lane, TricLED engine lights, TricLED night rider, LS2 Helmets, Lamonster Bypass pipe, 2 Brothers Exhaust, mirror relocator kit, Bluetooth radio module, OEM Backrest, Rear LED Light Kit

2017 F3-T , Pearl White