Spyder Garage

Default f4 screen how to remove scratches

hi guys i have a f4 extra wide and tall screen for my rt.i put scratches in it on the outside or road side loading it into my box trailer.its hard to describe a scratch but you can feel it with your finger nail.i have emailed f4 twice but had no reply so if anyone can assist me please.
    when i bought it they said you can put steel wool on it and not scratch it so im wondering how im going to polish it out.start with super fine wet and dry and work up then paint polish
    maybe.

cheers

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stu View Post
    hi guys i have a f4 extra wide and tall screen for my rt.i put scratches in it on the outside or road side loading it into my box trailer.its hard to describe a scratch but you can feel it with your finger nail.i have emailed f4 twice but had no reply so if anyone can assist me please.
    when i bought it they said you can put steel wool on it and not scratch it so im wondering how im going to polish it out.start with super fine wet and dry and work up then paint polish
    maybe.

cheers
    Polycarbonate windscreens once they get a scratch in them you pretty much have to put up with the scratch or get a new one. There is a film on the polycarbonate windscreen that if it gets damaged it'll eventually start to peel off.

Spyder Garage

Default Try This....

Rain-X has a product for plastic windshields. It puts a coating on to keep rain from staying on the surface. A couple of coats could fill in the small scartches. There may be other products out there that will help just need to google it....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You might try several coats of Lemon Pledge. I use it to clean any plastic surface, including my windshield, body panels even my glasses. Fills in those mini scratches.
    Ride in comfort,
    John

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    Polycarbonate windscreens once they get a scratch in them you pretty much have to put up with the scratch or get a new one. There is a film on the polycarbonate windscreen that if it gets damaged it'll eventually start to peel off.

Once you have put a scratch into the coating of that shield there's no real fix for it.
    I think if you try to wet sand it, it will just become worse...
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

bugger i was worried it might be like that.thanks for help everyone