Spyder Garage

Default Spyders for rent in New Zealand

my husband and I both have Spyders we are planning a trip to New Zealand. we are wondering if there are any Spyder rentals available particularly on the South island. or any ideas

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by butterspy View Post
    my husband and I both have Spyders we are planning a trip to New Zealand. we are wondering if there are any Spyder rentals available particularly on the South island. or any ideas
    There are at least 2 companies that have rented out Spyders in the past, but neither of them is showing a Spyder on their current list of bikes. My Spyder had actually been hired out by the importer and used for a trip around the country before I purchased it.

The largest retailer in the country is probably JFK in Auckland. They don't rent them out, but would most likely know if anyone does do it. You can contact them via their web site: https://www.jfks.co.nz

Depending on how long you are planning on visiting one option would be to purchase a second-hand one and then sell it before you leave. But that can be a bit risky. Unless, of course, if you buy mine. There are retailers of 2-wheelers that offer a guaranteed buy-back, but none that I know of who do it with Spyders.

Spyder Garage

we had hire here in aus but people crashed them that often they stopped doing it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stu View Post
    we had hire here in aus but people crashed them that often they stopped doing it.

Same in Maui HI. Customers beat the heck out of them. The one we rented was sub par--but worked for the few rental hours we had it. They no longer rent them either.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default spyder rental

Quote Originally Posted by artig View Post
    There are at least 2 companies that have rented out Spyders in the past, but neither of them is showing a Spyder on their current list of bikes. My Spyder had actually been hired out by the importer and used for a trip around the country before I purchased it.

The largest retailer in the country is probably JFK in Auckland. They don't rent them out, but would most likely know if anyone does do it. You can contact them via their web site: https://www.jfks.co.nz

Depending on how long you are planning on visiting one option would be to purchase a second-hand one and then sell it before you leave. But that can be a bit risky. Unless, of course, if you buy mine. There are retailers of 2-wheelers that offer a guaranteed buy-back, but none that I know of who do it with Spyders.
    thanks for the post we thought buying and reselling could be the route we have to take. I will get in touch with jfs. if you would sell yours that coul work as well.thanks again Stan

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by butterspy View Post
    thanks for the post we thought buying and reselling could be the route we have to take. I will get in touch with jfs. if you would sell yours that coul work as well.thanks again Stan
    I recently talked to Haydon at JFK about them selling mine on behalf. They would do that for a fixed fee. So you always have that option as well if you buy one and don't get it sold before leaving the country. When are you planning to make the trip to New Zealand? Depending on the time mine could very well be available.

Spyder Garage

Default spyder rental

Quote Originally Posted by artig View Post
    I recently talked to Haydon at JFK about them selling mine on behalf. They would do that for a fixed fee. So you always have that option as well if you buy one and don't get it sold before leaving the country. When are you planning to make the trip to New Zealand? Depending on the time mine could very well be available.
    we are planning around middle to late february. if yours is available we sure could consider that. thanks again