Spyder Garage

Default I had a temperature problem

I went for a ride this morning since it was nice and cool at about 70 degrees. My 2015 RTL with about 19K miles suddenly overheated. It had driven about 4 miles and heard the fans come on and my gauge spiked! Not a gradual change. Seemed that it was not really hot because I couldn’t smell overheated coolant and nothing was leaking out. Whenever I stopped at a traffic light it would do it and quit when you got going. I stopped and got
    some coolant and topped it off. And you already know that since you can’t see the level I over filled it. I am not sure that it was low to start with. What should I look for as a problem that needs to be fixed and how long in an overheat condition does it take to do damage? I have no leaks anywhere and the coolant level is a little overfilled. I guess it will blow out to the correct level eventually?
    Mike Campbell
    Amarillo, Texas

2015 RTL "intense red pearl"

Spyder Garage

If it gets low in the rad then this can cause havoc on your cooling system since it cannot keep it under the proper pressure. You will loose some over time from evaporation in the over flow bottle, then the rad is next. Keep an eye on the over flow bottle level and see if your top off takes care of it. As long as the rad get completely filled the O/F bottle should be good too, if rad is low it will pull the coolant needed into the rad until its full. O/f tank is an expansion tank as water expands and contracts, but keeps the rad completely full always.

https://durathermfluids.com/pdf/tech...ling-point.pdf
    Last edited by bluewoo; 09-22-2018 at 06:10 PM.
    2018 RT-L , Blue