Spyder Garage

Default First Trip on Betty White

Well I finally went on the longest trip today. After 6 days of ownership and short trips to get comfortable I decided to take a 40 mile stroll through county roads and I had a blast. Might be insignificant for some of you road warriors but for me I felt free and relaxed. I totally feel comfortable and look forward to a longer trip in the morning. I will say 93+ degree weather I feel like I need to drink a gallon of water. I will be investing in a cup holder. Happy Saturday!

Spyder Garage

Most find that 500 or so miles are all it takes to get real comfortable. And then...it gets even better.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Congratulations!!

I did a 200 mile trip on ours, miles of smiles ahead!!

Have Fun........IMG_20180905_200358[1].jpg
    2018 RT-L , Blue

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

I started riding Spyders in 2010 and I remember my first 40 mile ride. Now I have ridden some 238,000 Spyder miles and I still love it. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Semper Gumby View Post
    Well I finally went on ..... I will be investing in a cup holder. .
    congrats and ditto what they /\ said, I have the Lamonster Cuff adjustable cup/bottle/MUG holder and it's great. Will hold the tall skinny "sports" water bottles all the way up to a Thermos bottle, Yes it's a bit spendy, but well worth every penny, and allows other attachments as well.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I started riding Spyders in 2010 and I remember my first 40 mile ride. Now I have ridden some 238,000 Spyder miles and I still love it. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have.
    Almost ten times around the world.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default congratulations....🎉🎉🎉

That's all it takes...40 today 100 tomorrow and soon you will be an old pro and looking for those cross country type rydes...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Most find that 500 or so miles are all it takes to get real comfortable. And then...it gets even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewoo View Post
    Congratulations!!

I did a 200 mile trip on ours, miles of smiles ahead!!

Have Fun........IMG_20180905_200358[1].jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    congrats and ditto what they /\ said, I have the Lamonster Cuff adjustable cup/bottle/MUG holder and it's great. Will hold the tall skinny "sports" water bottles all the way up to a Thermos bottle, Yes it's a bit spendy, but well worth every penny, and allows other attachments as well.
    Exactly what I am looking at!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    That's all it takes...40 today 100 tomorrow and soon you will be an old pro and looking for those cross country type rydes...
    Indeed! I am enjoying every mile so far

Spyder Garage

Well I finally went on the longest trip today. After 6 days of ownership and short trips to get comfortable I decided to take a 40 mile stroll through county roads and I had a blast. Might be insignificant for some of you road warriors but for me I felt free and relaxed. I totally feel comfortable and look forward to a longer trip in the morning. I will say 93+ degree weather I feel like I need to drink a gallon of water. I will be investing in a cup holder. Happy Saturday!
    & miles of smiles are coming as far as hydration, cup holders are fine & all but some prefer camelback packs & or go ahead & stretch your legs by keeping beverage in the frunk IMG_0801.jpg FYI this lil holder (found at any auto parts place) can fit 2 64oz theater cups if need be,or a small 12oz can & simply Velcro's to the liner securely extreme bumps may have some leakage but so far never a tip over spill, (tame ryding) currently I prefer my yeti tumbler & a back up bottle, yeti keeps whatever chilled & usually the refill too. Np to add ice at a gas station if you like. Possibly soon you will be carrying snacks as well, various photo equipment, other casual road trip necessities ENJOY
    *ps name of bike**

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    & miles of smiles are coming as far as hydration, cup holders are fine & all but some prefer camelback packs & or go ahead & stretch your legs by keeping beverage in the frunk IMG_0801.jpg FYI this lil holder (found at any auto parts place) can fit 2 64oz theater cups if need be,or a small 12oz can & simply Velcro's to the liner securely extreme bumps may have some leakage but so far never a tip over spill, (tame ryding) currently I prefer my yeti tumbler & a back up bottle, yeti keeps whatever chilled & usually the refill too. Np to add ice at a gas station if you like. Possibly soon you will be carrying snacks as well, various photo equipment, other casual road trip necessities ENJOY
    *ps name of bike**
    Credit to the wife for helping me name her.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But what did Betty think of the ride?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    But what did Betty think of the ride?
    Betty is cruising...lol

Spyder Garage

Default Another question...

So I am noticing that when I go over 65 mph that I get a lot of wind vibrating my helmet. I had my helmet windshield and the spyder’s shield raised but I can feel the the fluttering and after a while my neck starts to hurt. Is this normal or part of my body getting used to riding or can anyone recommend improving the fluttering on my 3/4 helmet. My neck is sore still. Thanks for your input

Spyder Garage

So I am noticing that when I go over 65 mph that I get a lot of wind vibrating my helmet. I had my helmet windshield and the spyder’s shield raised but I can feel the the fluttering and after a while my neck starts to hurt. Is this normal or part of my body getting used to riding or can anyone recommend improving the fluttering on my 3/4 helmet. My neck is sore still. Thanks for your input
    Great question, but no easy answer. Did you ride anything like a motorcycle before getting the Spyder? If not you may have to let your neck muscles adjust to wearing a helmet. It can take a while for the muscles to get used to the helmet so don't expect overnite results. It is also dependent on what type of helmet you are wearing and how heavy it is. Couple all this along with a large size helmet and it could make matters worse as a result of wind buffeting. A different windshield may be in order, but I wouldn't jump into that one right away. I have a full size modular Schuberth helmet that was supposedly the best of the best. Unfortunately, I can't wear it for very long because it is incredibly heavy. I have a Nolan modular that is much lighter and easier to wear. My usual favorite helmet to wear is a quality 3/4 that is very comfortable for me, but truth be told even that one is a pain, no pun intended, when I first start riding after awhile away from the bike. I have a neck issue that requires me to do some movement exercises when I start riding and the process goes as such; after about 10 mins I can feel some pain in my neck and I do some head rotations and side to side movements and all is good for quite a while. If I start to experience more pain I do the same thing and life is good again. In my case this is all a problem of earlier life experiences catching up with me, but for the immediate future the exercises really help. I dread the day when the exercises don't help, because according to my doctor surgery would be the only option and I don't know if I want to go that route based on what I have seen others, including my brother, go through.

It may sound strange, but when winter here in Wisconsin is coming to a close I begin wearing my helmet in the house just to let my neck muscles get used to carrying the load again. For me it is all about letting my neck muscles get back in the swing of things for the upcoming riding season, but even being off the bike for just a few days requires some effort on my part to saddle up again. Whoever said something about old age being the "Golden Years" wasn't very old when he uttered those words! Good luck!

Rick H.

Spyder Garage

The first ryde for me was pretty scary. But after that ryde, I just kept going..It got better. But the best thing I did was take a Motorcycle Safety Foundation weekend course. I was having trouble through turns. They taught me where to look. Ahead, not down. It's been an easy ryde since. Take the course. Most likely learn 'something'. And I got a discount on my insurance. Not a lot but ...Happy ryding!!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Yes, but...

Yes but only half way to the moon and back.
    Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Almost ten times around the world.