Spyder Garage

Default Handlebar Riser/Clamp Bolt Size???

I'm trying to adjust my bars forward a bit but I'm having a hard time finding the correct wrench for the 4 bolts that clamp the bar into the riser. It's between a 6mm and 8mm Allen and larger than a 1/4 SAE, which is the largest I have. It almost looks like a safety Torx head but I'm not sure.

Anyone know for sure what size they are?

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by amcvay1979 View Post
    I'm trying to adjust my bars forward a bit but I'm having a hard time finding the correct wrench for the 4 bolts that clamp the bar into the riser. It's between a 6mm and 8mm Allen and larger than a 1/4 SAE, which is the largest I have. It almost looks like a safety Torx head but I'm not sure.

Thanks!
    Well all your missing is the 7mm hex (or allen key) because that's the correct size for them.

Spyder Garage

it was 7mm! Quick trip to Home Depot solved my missing hex bit issue.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by amcvay1979 View Post

Thanks!
    Thanks for asking this question. I am getting ready to swap my stock handlebars with the long reach, and will need this 7mm tool to do so.

Spyder Garage

Default Settings

Can anybody tell me what order and what torque to use on the handlebars? I am undecided between risers and a new handlebar.

Also, can anybody tell me if swapping handlebars is as easy as removing the vibration dampeners and loosening up a few screws? While risers are cheaper, and I know I can install them myself, I think they would interfere with the cell phone holder from LaMonster. But I tried to replace handlebars on a previous motorcycle, and it exceeded my skill level since it needed adjustments afterwards.

Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gnorthern View Post
    Can anybody tell me what order and what torque to use on the handlebars? I am undecided between risers and a new handlebar.

Also, can anybody tell me if swapping handlebars is as easy as removing the vibration dampeners and loosening up a few screws? While risers are cheaper, and I know I can install them myself, I think they would interfere with the cell phone holder from LaMonster. But I tried to replace handlebars on a previous motorcycle, and it exceeded my skill level since it needed adjustments afterwards.

Thanks.
    Looking at the instructions, you'd start at the top left and go Top Left, Top Right, Bottom Left, Bottom Right and tighten to 28lbft +/- 3 lbft