Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Ryker vs F3 Comparison Video

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Very nice comparison. I think they should have mentioned the difference in price. I also liked the way he considered the storage on the F3 as being large. Maybe if I hadn't owned a RT or RSS I would consider it large. But with the size of the frunk on the F3, my decision was made easy to go with a F3T. I also noticed that he was quoting the hp rating on the 600 cc ryker, and not the 900cc one. Still a pretty good review.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Instead of talk about features: how about lining them up at a dragstrip, and unleashing them?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Instead of talk about features: how about lining them up at a dragstrip, and unleashing them?
    That would have been fun too.

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks .....

Nice video... covers many point I had not seen as yet. Would have been nice to add the 900 spec's as they would be closer to the F3 engine wise anyway. Guess the performace spec's are yet to come....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default I think I may prefer a wider handlebar

just like the guy said in the 20-minutes test ride. Also the U-Fit bracket for the handlebar seems a pit flimsy. It seems to rattle a bit after it has been locked. Maybe it's just an issue with the demo batch.
    2018 F3 Limited black, dark

Spyder Garage

https://youtu.be/bTru9e4LUw4

I could not see the black screen so here is the click on link.

We learn more every day!! Now if you can change the sway bar without jacking it 28 inches in the air I will be in heaven!!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There is no choke on the Ryker. It's fuel injected.

Personally, I wouldn't let this guy do another video and if he was on my sales team I'd transfer him to a position that wasn't in front of the customer.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Nice video... covers many point I had not seen as yet. Would have been nice to add the 900 spec's as they would be closer to the F3 engine wise anyway. Guess the performace spec's are yet to come....
    My riding lawn mower has 23 HP--thus 2 lawn mower engines exceed the 600 Ryker...
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    There is no choke on the Ryker. It's fuel injected.

Personally, I wouldn't let this guy do another video and if he was on my sales team I'd transfer him to a position that wasn't in front of the customer.
    I was wondering about that also...
    Time to "Check The Meter"...

BS Meter.jpg

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    My riding lawn mower has 23 HP--thus 2 lawn mower engines exceed the 600 Ryker...
    I have been wondering about that. There is definitely more rwhp loss on the drivetrain with a shaft drive, than on a belt or chain drive. So, with the ryker having a belt, and then a shaft drive, how much rwhp is this thing actually putting out. In fact, I have never seen a true reading of rwhp of any of the spyders either. I know it can't be measured on a motorcycle dyno, but I wonder if you could do it on a car dyno? I might have to give the guys that used to do my mustangs, lightning, and road runner a call.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Not so much on this one!
    The primary clutch hooks to the crankshaft The CVT Belt runs across the chassis to the secondary clutch. This is held in place by a simple bearing assembly. The driveshaft runs right off of the secondary. The only bevel-cut gears are back where power is turned by ninety degrees to spin the rear wheel.
    It's actually a reasonably sufficient setup!

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

In fairness to this person who just happens to work for my dealer in the marketing department, he did not have access to a 900 Ryker to make the better comparison. That is the same Ryker we rode on September 14th. That being said, he really does need to understand his products better before he starts filming reviews. So, the Ryker has a choke??? Really? On the F3 you shift up, but you never shift down as the transmission does es that for you???? Really, has he ever ryden an F3?????? All that being said, this is a great dealership with a great service department! Also it's good to get some of this information out so people can start understanding what the Ryker is all about!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It was just a case of "Stage Fright", that got him off his game.
    We can forgive that: can't we?

Spyder Garage

It was just a case of "Stage Fright", that got him off his game.
    We can forgive that: can't we?
    That we can, but, at least have the facts straight! Oh, nad you can always, start over!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I guess that we're all getting "choked-up" over this faux-pas of his!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well, I'd say he really has no idea what he's talking about. A good sales person gives you information (correct information) and lets the buyer decide what to do with that information. This guy is giving bad information. He's clearly biased on the F3. I don't care how "good" the dealership is, if I walked in there for the first time and this was the person "helping" me I'd leave and never go back. Simple as that.

Spyder Garage

Not so much on this one!
    The primary clutch hooks to the crankshaft The CVT Belt runs across the chassis to the secondary clutch. This is held in place by a simple bearing assembly. The driveshaft runs right off of the secondary. The only bevel-cut gears are back where power is turned by ninety degrees to spin the rear wheel.
    It's actually a reasonably sufficient setup!
    So Bob--you're sayin--- posi-traction isn't needed on a one wheel drive
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Very Active Member SteveLaoyster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Throw Up on the right Handlebar??!!!
    AKA Jud Smales, Four Year Spyder Ryder!
    "Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati"

The Critter 2016 RT-S
    Cat Bypass from Lamonster
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Hella dual horns with relay
    BRP Hitch with trailer module
    Foam Grips
    Adjustable Air Deflectors
    Driver & Passenger Gel Pads in Seat
    Shorty antenna
    Ultraguard half cover
    Gremlin bell from my son
    Break Stripe Kit from Wrap My Spyder
    2016 RT-S , stock not yet Pearl White

Spyder Garage

That video shows how massively overweight the F3 now looks compared to the Ryker. All that weight loss has got to help make the handling better on tight twisty bends.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    So Bob--you're sayin--- posi-traction isn't needed on a one wheel drive
    I'm pretty "positive" that you need at least SOME traction...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    Well, I'd say he really has no idea what he's talking about. A good sales person gives you information (correct information) and lets the buyer decide what to do with that information. This guy is giving bad information. He's clearly biased on the F3. I don't care how "good" the dealership is, if I walked in there for the first time and this was the person "helping" me I'd leave and never go back. Simple as that.
    He is not a sales person. He should know his product better when he presents, but, in fairness he probably had the machine for an hour to film this.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    He is not a sales person. He should know his product better when he presents, but, in fairness he probably had the machine for an hour to film this.
    I can't see All the Negativity? He confused Kill Switch with clutch BUT you don't have to downshift with the SE as he said- You CAN if you want to. He gave a lot of Statistics about each which were RIGHT and the main thing is Someone took the time to give us a side by side visual presentation. I thank him for taking the time to do this! Those of us in Love with the Ryker are seeking Any media we can because I'm positively sure I will trade or sell my F3 after they come in!!! All I need to do is sit on it to determine But would like a test drive.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Not trying to be negative. Just saying this guy has no clue.

I agree with seeing and sitting on a demo. Rather than hap hazard videos like this be circulated on the web for years I'd rather see BRP provide a fleet of demo bikes that visit dealerships when the new model(s) are released. Then "we" would have first hand knowledge. I'll have to wait until December to actually see and sit on a Ryker and can't test ride a demo until May when the snows gone. (and I live 2 hours from the BRP factory) How about providing some demo units to the Northeast now before snow hits the ground rather than drop them in sunny California first? Then maybe I could place an early order.

I agree with the poster about the Ryker showing how "massive" the F3 is. That's why I say the Ryker line is/will be the performance line.
    Last edited by Rob Rodriguez; 09-25-2018 at 08:11 AM.

Spyder Garage

Yeah, the guy in the video isn't the best. While he has some good info he also made a couple mistakes and doesn't speak about the 900cc. He is also very flat/monotone. I am not expecting Krazy Kenny's used car lot excitement but make it sound like you are happy to be there and not just reading cards poorly.

All that said it is the first and to my knowledge ONLY video where there is a comparison between the ryker and F3, in which we get to see both at the same time. We can always just mute it and look at the pretty rydes.