Thread: sway bar

Spyder Garage

Default sway bar

I have a 2013 RT limited, It has the stock sway bar on it. Does anybody know if the reason to replace it is because of safety issues or is it just better handling with a Baja Ron sway bar.
    Thank you for any feedback

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by msherwood View Post
    I have a 2013 RT limited, It has the stock sway bar on it. Does anybody know if the reason to replace it is because of safety issues or is it just better handling with a Baja Ron sway bar.
    The BajaRon swaybar is thicker than stock, so better handling. Plus, BRP uses plastic links, BajaRon’s come w metal links. One of the best aftermarket parts I’ve put on my Spyder, you notice the difference immediately. Hope that helped.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

Just Better Handling, though I can also heartily recommend his shock adjusters for 2013's.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Ride it for a while....you might find that you like it just the way it is...many do. The BajaRon bar is a nice addition, but maybe not necessary. If you know anyone with a Spyder that has the upgrade sway bar, maybe ask to compare the ride.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I just had the sway bar put on my 2012 RT and it was a major difference. Handles so much better!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    Ride it for a while....you might find that you like it just the way it is...many do. The BajaRon bar is a nice addition, but maybe not necessary. If you know anyone with a Spyder that has the upgrade sway bar, maybe ask to compare the ride.
    exactly what my neighbor did. Rode mine, then said “wow, I’m getting this next”.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Get the sway bar you will notice the difference.
    2015 RTs , Black

Spyder Garage

I put a Baja Rons on my 2018 RTL. Best investment I've made besides the bike itself. Noticible better handling immediately!

Spyder Garage

I just installed my sway bar about a month ago on my 2012 RT Limited..nite and day!! I would say waaayyy better handling and a lot less effort in turns = better safety..your not using as much effort on rides or trips therefore arriving more relaxed and not spent! Less jumpy too = safety! I highly recommend the swap!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpyder View Post
    exactly what my neighbor did. Rode mine, then said “wow, I’m getting this next”.

I have a 2017, How was your ride improved? And did you install it yourself?
    2017 RTL , Grey

Spyder Garage

Default RT sway bars on a F3?

I have been told to use a sway bar off of a RT on my F3 limited and it would help handling, is this a god way to improve handling on the F3, or order a sway bar? They tell me the RT sway bar is larger and stronger than the ones that come on F3's! Your response will be appreciated!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by south GA Farm Boy View Post
    I have been told to use a sway bar off of a RT on my F3 limited and it would help handling, is this a god way to improve handling on the F3, or order a sway bar? They tell me the RT sway bar is larger and stronger than the ones that come on F3's! Your response will be appreciated!
    It is true that a Take-Off RT bar will give you a noticeable improvement in handling of an F3. An RT Bar will give you about 1/2 the improvement a BajaRon bar will afford.

A Sway Bar is essentially a Spring. You can have 2 springs with the same diameter wire that are not only greatly different in strength. But also in their ability to retain their original tension over time and usage.

People make the mistake of comparing only sway bar diameter to determine what kind of improvement they might get. But diameter is only 1 component of the equation. There are actually 3 separate things that go into the overall effect of any sway bar.

1- Bar Diameter
    2- Steel Metalurgy
    3- Arm Length

With a sway bar as short and small as the one on the Spyder. The overall effect can be changed a great deal by a very small change in any one of these parameters.

Comparing diameter only is only valid if the other 2 components are identical. When comparing the BajaRon bars to OEM, this is not the case.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 09-23-2018 at 04:35 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Al_lockup View Post
    I have a 2017, How was your ride improved? And did you install it yourself?
    Had it installed at the Deadwood Rally. Also had it aligned by Squared Away. The biggest thing for me is on the interstate. I still get buffeted in the slipstream of large vehicles, but the Spyder tracks true. Also rides like it’s on rails in the corners.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by msherwood View Post
    I was a doubting Thomas for years on the infamous Baja Ron sway bar.. I had one installed on my new 2018 RT Limited and have seen a remarkable difference in handling on the curvy roads we all love to ride. I've been in the Black Hills of SD and just returned from the Ozarks and the sway bar make a lot of difference..
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

Default Sway

Netzley Tire installed my BajaRon stuff, they showed me my stock RT sway to compare to BajaRon’s. Big, noticeable difference in thickness. And Can Am uses plastic links (can’t figure out that decision), BajaRon’s Sway comes w much better links, not plastic.
    Netzley also did a Laser Alignment for me, that too made a difference. Next step for me is putting on car tires.
    ‘If you get the Shock Adjusters, you will immediately notice your front end is higher. And you know how sometimes the nose dives down when u hit the breaks? That’s gone w BajaRon’s Shock Adjusters.
    I had Netzley install everything, I prefer this type of product be installed by someone with experience, they’ve done a ton of them and I’m not a mechanic.
    Best of luck, I’m sure you’ll be happy.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

Default I have a 2018 RTL sway bar

Quote Originally Posted by south GA Farm Boy View Post
    If you want it you can have it. You would just need to get it shipped.