Spyder Garage

Default What is my best option for a passenger backrest?

Hi folks,
    Picked up our new 2018 F3S last weekend and so far we're LOVING it!
    Still getting comfortable riding and we're getting ready to add a few things. First will be a backrest for the passenger. I've looked at a few and can't seem to figure out what would be best and provide the most stability/security for the passenger. What does everyone suggest?
    Looking for something that will work with the stock seat and would give a sense of security for the passenger. Not concerned with detachability as I'd be leaving it there permanently.
    Any advice would be appreciated!

Frank
    2018 F3S , Black

Spyder Garage

The Smoothspyder Dual-Mode backrest is a viable option for that model.
    www.smoothspyder.com

Spyder Garage

Default Oh yeah !!!

sadly was not available for my RS when I was looking and spent a small fortune for the OEM back rest (passenger only). Great product and well made easy to switch from driver to passenger...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by frj322 View Post
    Hi folks,
    Still getting comfortable riding and we're getting ready to add a few things. First will be a backrest for the passenger. I've looked at a few and can't seem to figure out what would be best and provide the most stability/security for the passenger. What does everyone suggest?
    Looking for something that will work with the stock seat and would give a sense of security for the passenger. Not concerned with detachability as I'd be leaving it there permanently.

Frank
    Just went through this process as well. I plan to take my 10-year old son out on the Spyder soon. I opted for the Lamonster garage passenger backrest. Also bought the matching driver backrest. The size is one of the bigger ones that are available. Very solid, mounting brackets are very heavy duty. I feel good knowing that the product is solid and will support my son without issue. Very high quality product too. Highly recommended.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the input so far folks, keep the ideas coming because this sure is confusing...
    Rocketman, is the Lamonster backrest sturdy given the fact that it only has the center support? I'd think a dual-post system like the Smooth-spyder would be more sturdy.
    2018 F3S , Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the input so far folks, keep the ideas coming because this sure is confusing...
    Rocketman, is the Lamonster backrest sturdy given the fact that it only has the center support? I'd think a dual-post system like the Smooth-spyder would be more sturdy.
    It is very solid and doesn't move. The bracket you mount under the seat is thick, heavy and strong. I just added the driver's model earlier this week too.

Haven't seen/used the Smooth-Spyder one, so I can't comment whether it is better or not.

As I said, I'm pleased with the one I bought and feel that my son is safe with it.

Spyder Garage

Thanks Rocketman
    2018 F3S , Black

Spyder Garage

Default Back rest

Hi folks,

Frank
    I have the can am adjustable backrest and passenger armrests on my 2016 F3 Limted. You feel very secure and they are both adjustable to make it comfortable for your passenger.
    Bob

Spyder Garage

Bob,
    Are these actual Can Am products? Do you have a link?
    2018 F3S , Black