Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN;1393804 the
    stabbing of 3 babies and 2 adults at an illegal day care center run by illegals (chinese) last week in flushing, ny. and
    i'm sure you wouldn't want to know the true back story behind that heinous crime.[/QUOTE]

That was quite the scheme they had going.

Spyder Garage

Default Califonia Migration

OK, a lot of (mis)information regarding California. Yep, Cali has its issues. Let me tell you, though, the per capita crime rate in Wichita, KS is higher than Los Angeles! People are shot and killed here almost every week. The drug problem is incredible. I NEVER experienced that back home in Sant Clarita.

On the topic of California migration: If you are interested in real data, read the information in this link. If you do not read the link, then please have the courtesy of not replying regarding the link. It will just make you look foolish.

http://next10.org/migration

Regards,
    Joe T.
    Joe T.
    I miss SoCal - - - -

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joe T. View Post
    OK, a lot of (mis)information regarding California. Yep, Cali has its issues. Let me tell you, though, the per capita crime rate in Wichita, KS is higher than Los Angeles! People are shot and killed here almost every week. The drug problem is incredible. I NEVER experienced that back home in Sant Clarita.

On the topic of California migration: If you are interested in real data, read the information in this link. If you do not read the link, then please have the courtesy of not replying regarding the link. It will just make you look foolish.

http://next10.org/migration

Regards,
    Joe T.
    OK so what does that have to do with anything previously said? the very rich and the very poor are staying in ca. while the middle class and businesses are leaving.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    That was quite the scheme they had going.
    ok this is what happened told to me by my niece who worked at the hospital they were brought to and is fluent in
    mandarin so she was asked to talk to the babies parents:
    chinese come over (legal & illegal) from mainland when they are 6 or more months pregnant, they want to give birth here so the kids would automatically be citizens. now this day care center runs overnite, the mothers drop the kids off and pick them up the next day, for chinese this is very common as many after giving birth then send the child back to
    mainland to live with grandparents for 2 or three years until then send back to parents in u.s.
    now none of this is what i have read this is first hand information.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Wow, you just don't have a positive bone in your body! Must be all of that negative energy built up from hating where you live. I can't comment on NY as I have only been there three times, once to the city, took a red eye to catch a Yankee Game in the old Yankee Stadium (that was cool too). Then a couple of times to Rochester for business. I loved it there all those trees! You see in 67 years, I have not witnessed the negative things you mentioned about my chosen state of residence. The one exception is the high taxes, but that is just part of the package and you learn to live with it because of the great quality of life we have.

So remember we all choose to live where we live. You have made your choice and have to live with it. I for one can't criticize you for making that choice. You criticize the entire State of California for restricting the unrequested distributation of plastic straws in a certain type of business. BTW, I can have a straw any time I want one, I just have to ask. Personally I am glad they do that. In general we in California are more environmentally conscious than the rest of the country so we support this sort of legislation. BTW, I have a large package of plastic straws in my kitchen that we no longer use. If you will PM your address to me I will be happy to send them to you!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Wow, you just don't have a positive bone in your body! Must be all of that negative energy built up from hating where you live. I can't comment on NY as I have only been there three times, once to the city, took a red eye to catch a Yankee Game in the old Yankee Stadium (that was cool too). Then a couple of times to Rochester for business. I loved it there all those trees! You see in 67 years, I have not witnessed the negative things you mentioned about my chosen state of residence. The one exception is the high taxes, but that is just part of the package and you learn to live with it because of the great quality of life we have.

So remember we all choose to live where we live. You have made your choice and have to live with it. I for one can't criticize you for making that choice. You criticize the entire State of California for restricting the unrequested distributation of plastic straws in a certain type of business. BTW, I can have a straw any time I want one, I just have to ask. Personally I am glad they do that. In general we in California are more environmentally conscious than the rest of the country so we support this sort of legislation. BTW, I have a large package of plastic straws in my kitchen that we no longer use. If you will PM your address to me I will be happy to send them to you!
    What about all those who own a '13 rts and were constantly complaining about the heat and saying crap about BRP
    for that, i have a '13.
    personally i am in favor of the plastic straw ban but i don't like the way the future fines will be handled. as for being
    environmentally conscious we in ny do seperate our garbage up from paper, plastic and spit. i don't litter and get
    very offended when i see people throw a cigarette butt on the ground and would be in favor of stronger laws against
    littering but i do understand there are more important laws that should be passed first in ny. before fining those for
    handing out a straw maybe fines should be incurred to those who litter the street with plastic first.
    to be fair laws should be written and designed with people in mind, not politicians who want to kiss a** with the
    voters or to just make themselves feel good when it won't affect them at all and that is for all states not just ca. & ny.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'd like you guys to think about something for just a moment (or two...)
    If this is the best thing we can find to argue about: our bikes must be pretty damn good!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Glad I opened this thread ....

..... started my morning off beautifully

Spyder Garage

Been following this thread and reading how some folks think that this states suck and that state is the best ever and is the first in implementing everything good for the environment first before anyone else, blaw blaw blaw. And some have even confessed to not being familiar with the state they were knocking. Having spent the last 30 years on the road as a construction superintendent and have been to all states except two and worked in 38 of them my experience is not from just passing through but living and staying in these places and working along side of the people who have spent their lives in these locations I have come to find that there is good and bad in all places . As someone said earlier in this thread, was one of the great things about this country is if you hate where you are, your free to pull up your tent stakes and move to a new location. I have spent 7 years on the east coast and many years up and down the I-5 corridor on the west coast , I did like the weather in California as you can ride all year but it is just to darn crowded for me. It's just too hard to get away from people down there, northern Cali is somewhat better but not much. The east coast has great history but the traffic sucks .
    All these places have great riding one place or another. The people I met and worked with are just like all of us, just trying to earn an honest living for our family's. Some of the folks on here sound like they are full of bitterness and should take a deep breath and be grateful of what they have that's is good in their lives. Oh and by the way OREGON was the FIRST state to pass a bottle bill.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

And prostitution is legal in Nevada.

It's time to ryde before winter hits ( ans skiing starts )

Or of course we could argue about tires and tire pressure .
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Better yet: Let's start an argument over what to argue about!

Spyder Garage

I will argue about what I damn well want to argue about mister!!!!! I try to put a positive spin on this stuff. California is not the best! It is just where I choose to live. Every state as I said earlier has great places, great ryding, great people! Love em all!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

I am surprised that no one yet has asked for a 'Straw Poll'!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Drum roll and rim shot!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    This is just another example of George Washington's Expense Account.
    To whit: There are many big problems that are completely out of the control of legislators, so they legislate the little things.
    They can't get a grip on illegal immigration.
    They can't get a grip on crime.
    They can't get a grip on their budget.
    But damn, they can sure make an impact on straws.
    Really???
    Let's see.... illegal immigration has continued to go DOWN over the past 30 years.
    Crime (school crime in particular) has continued to go DOWN over the past 50 years.
    Budget? California is doing just fine, 5th largest economy in the world. They pay more into the fed than they take. We'd be in trouble without them.

Facts matter.

I've come across straws on the beach. Plastic bags. Balloons, etc. … all because of us damn dirty apes and our laziness. If we'd actually respect our planet and properly dispose of things then we wouldn't need these laws... but we're lazy, dirty apes who are ruining this planet.

But it's nice to see some things never change out here.... especially those posting BS without checking facts....

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Really???
    Let's see.... illegal immigration has continued to go DOWN over the past 30 years.
    Crime (school crime in particular) has continued to go DOWN over the past 50 years.
    Budget? California is doing just fine, 5th largest economy in the world. They pay more into the fed than they take. We'd be in trouble without them.

Facts matter.

I've come across straws on the beach. Plastic bags. Balloons, etc. … all because of us damn dirty apes and our laziness. If we'd actually respect our planet and properly dispose of things then we wouldn't need these laws... but we're lazy, dirty apes who are ruining this planet.

But it's nice to see some things never change out here.... especially those posting BS without checking facts....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    OK so what does that have to do with anything previously said? the very rich and the very poor are staying in ca. while the middle class and businesses are leaving.

If you don't understand the connection to some of this threads replies, don't expect me to explain it to you. It is obvious.

Joe T.
    Joe T.
    I miss SoCal - - - -

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Al is just being contrary: that's all!

You know how every family has that one weird Uncle; the one that nobody dares talk to during the Holiday get-togethers?

There you go!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Al is just being contrary: that's all!

You know how every family has that one weird Uncle; the one that nobody dares talk to during the Holiday get-togethers?

There you go!
    except that i do check my facts and usually know what i am talking about, i think that is what most people don't like. anyone here ever listen or watch ben shapiro, he even made a fool of bill maher, listen to what he says about
    california, their tax and spend problems and the plastic straw thing.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I never said that the weird Uncle didn't know what he was talking about...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Really???

Facts matter.

Oh CRAP. Now I have to put ANOTHER ASSHAT on the ignore list.
    Pretty soon the only posts I'll be able to read are mine and Bob Denman.
    And I'm not so sure about his either.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't blame you...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    Oh CRAP. Now I have to put ANOTHER ASSHAT on the ignore list.
    Pretty soon the only posts I'll be able to read are mine and Bob Denman.
    And I'm not so sure about his either.
    I'd never read anything or listen to anyone I disagree with either. After all ignorance is bliss.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.