Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    There is no way the average american uses 38000 straws in a lifetime. That would mean I would have to live until 104(38000 days = 104 years) and use 1 straw everyday from the day I was born. I am lucky if I use 5 a month. Somebody or some website's figures are WAY off. The tree-huggers make up whatever numbers they want to make a point. Go ahead, keep believing everything you read on the internet or watch on youtube. The world would be a better place if they never invented the plastic bottle. I see them everywhere, but I have never seen a straw in the wild.

Those Kalifornia lawmakers must stand in a circle and smoke together to come with that stuff.
    Oh and don't forget to go on line and order those stainless steel "American" made straws!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Someone's been drinking Kool-Aid...……..
    Did they use a plastic straw?
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Again uninformed response. This only applies to Full Service restaurants. Fast food establishments are not covered in the restrictions. Most full service restaurants already are using paper straws that are not covered under the restrictions. Personally the next time I use a straw in a full service Restaurant will be the first in 50 years, and in those days the straws were paper. This is much ado about nothing. Remember no one is asking you to move to California. We are doing just fine without you! You on the other hand would not be doing fine without us. Remember we are the 5th largest economy in the world! We produce most of your fresh fruit and vegetables, most of the wine in the country and most of the best craft beers. So if we decide that we can do somethings to improve on the environment, you will find that as usual we are the innovators, you are the followers, and you can look for "plastic straw" restrictions in your states in the near future! Mark my words, California is the Sheppard, the other states are the sheep!
    maybe i didn't make myself clear when i said dining out & waitress, i personally don't consider the clown as a waitress or mcdonalds as a dining out type restaurant as you californian's may. now in ny on the east end they have vineyards
    and i don't drink so i don't care and the oj i drink comes from florida. as for improving the environment i suppose you
    have to work hard at it with the smog, human waste and needles. with your 5th largest economy you need to be number 1 if you want to fund your pensions and illegals. in long island we have movie studios in nassau and queens
    that most of the marvel studio movies are filmed at including netflix marvel series.

i am not knocking california (too much) but you really should be more informed before you make a response and don't forget prop 8 and how it's sponsors were hidden.
    understand ny & nyc and long island are no gem but we are just a little better then cali.
    Last edited by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN; 09-22-2018 at 08:16 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    understand ny & nyc and long island are no gem but we are just a little better then cali.
    Got to differ with that one Hoss. Having lived in multiple places in both states I would rank CA MUCH higher than NY and especially NYC in virtually every category. The happiest days of my life was seeing NY and VA in my rear view mirror.

Having said that, I would move to upstate NY (think Finger Lakes) in a heartbeat if only their taxes and winters were not so onerous.

Spyder Garage

maybe i didn't make myself clear when i said dining out & waitress, i personally don't consider the clown as a waitress or mcdonalds as a dining out type restaurant as you californian's may. now in ny on the east end they have vineyards
    and i don't drink so i don't care and the oj i drink comes from florida. as for improving the environment i suppose you
    have to work hard at it with the smog, human waste and needles. with your 5th largest economy you need to be number 1 if you want to fund your pensions and illegals. in long island we have movie studios in nassau and queens
    that most of the marvel studio movies are filmed at including netflix marvel series.

i am not knocking california (too much) but you really should be more informed before you make a response and don't forget prop 8 and how it's sponsors were hidden.
    It is all good. I for one would not live anywhere else. All states, even the Empire State have great qualities. Yep you have wineries and you make films there, and so many awesome things. I would love to spend more time in NY. Again, though everything you mention above regarding California is inaccurate. So please, comment on topics that you have some knowledge about, things you have actually experienced. I would love to hear about what makes your State really special. I think everybody on this bored would benefit from that kind of positive input fro you! Rather than random unsolicited attacks. I know you have a lot of positive going on and I would love to hear more of that!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Understand i do not love ny, in 6 years i am retiring and moving out to never look back but there are certain problems
    ca. has that are completely unacceptable and the legal ability to fine a waitress for leaving someone an unrequested
    plastic drinking straw is crazy. in nyc they won't arrest you for peeing in public but they have an excuse for that and
    it is called mayor deblasio.
    the last time i saw poop in the street it was from the horses in central park but didn't see any needles there. yes ca.
    has great beaches and great weather and visitors will love it but the negatives like very high taxes, business
    restrictions, building permits and illegal immigrants that is much worse then ny to ME (my opinion) is unacceptable living conditions
    and are you aware that ca. has had the highest number of serial killers by far then any other state?
    now you never said anything about prop 8 from a few years ago and who was behind it, i'm sure you know what i am talking about.

for those who might be wondering, wilmington, nc is my destination (yea i know).
    Last edited by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN; 09-22-2018 at 12:03 PM.

Spyder Garage

here are a few of the things i like about ny:
    met and married the love of my life here.
    nassau/suffolk county has low crime (unfortunately it is from high plea bargain rate whether guilty or not)
    nice beaches
    great diversity in food
    great car community
    fall foliage
    skiing
    billy joel
    mick foley
    dee snyder (has a m/c run every sept.)

bob can add to this for upstate things i am sure.

Spyder Garage

What's interesting to me is that when there's a thought/effort/regulation to better the environment such as straws or plastic bags or soda or whatever. Folks go alllllll the way to the other side and say "what about XYZ"?!
    If folks want to ban needles, or prevent the ban of such items, why not lobby/protest for that?

To me, it's just a distraction, a pretty shiny thing to pull folks another direction.
    2017 F3-L Intense red "Wings"
    Spyderpops Spyclops Light
    Tric LED Headlights and Fog lights
    Madstad Windshield
    Phoenix - Wrap My Spyder
    Lamonster Highway Pegs
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Rich's Custom Seats
    2017 F3-L , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    What's interesting to me is that when there's a thought/effort/regulation to better the environment such as straws or plastic bags or soda or whatever. Folks go alllllll the way to the other side and say "what about XYZ"?!
    If folks want to ban needles, or prevent the ban of such items, why not lobby/protest for that?

To me, it's just a distraction, a pretty shiny thing to pull folks another direction.
    perhaps but which is a worse hazard plastic straws or poop and needles in the street with the needles being provided
    by the city? personally i don't like finding cigarette butts outside my co-op and at the next board meeting i will be
    mentioning that. i always thought littering was illegal but i also grew up thinking shooting heroin was too.
    at least in nyc the mayor doesn't have publicly funded wang holders or pullers so a bum can pee in public.

Spyder Garage

Default TEXAS...you'all..... TEXAS....

Come on down. We are very friendly here !!!!
    2018 RT Limited "Blondie"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've got a good hunting buddy who moved to San Antonio last year...

Good things about New York State?

Well... we ain't Noo Joizee!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I've got a good hunting buddy who moved to San Antonio last year...

Good things about New York State?

Well... we ain't Noo Joizee!
    The Hill Country, north/west of San Antonio is bike riding heaven.....
    2018 RT Limited "Blondie"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

here are a few of the things i like about ny:
    met and married the love of my life here.
    nassau/suffolk county has low crime (unfortunately it is from high plea bargain rate whether guilty or not)
    nice beaches
    great diversity in food
    great car community
    fall foliage
    skiing
    billy joel
    mick foley
    dee snyder (has a m/c run every sept.)

bob can add to this for upstate things i am sure.
    See you can be positive! Keep up the good work!

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

California just announced that their state is losing lots of residents because of high taxes... guess they have to collect "mucho" taxes to pay for sex change operations .. not to mention all the illegals they are supporting..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There are good and bad things about every state. If you spend your time looking for warts you miss out on all the good parts. A lot of it are misconceptions, stereotypes, and public *opinion*. You might think SFO is a s***hole, but I think the same about Detroit, Baltimore, Joisey, most of Kansas etc. But those who live there will probably step up and defend their home towns by pointing out good things. So take what you read with a grain of salt.. every post here is a personal opinion ... nothing to get excited about.
    Last edited by asp125; 09-23-2018 at 11:14 AM.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

So sorry I clicked on this thread and saw so many disparaging comments based on newspaper articles from folks who don’t live here.

Like others have said every city has issues. If you go to SF there are some bad areas but mostly there are areas of wonderful views, incredible restaurants and bars and tourism never mind some of the best ryding in the country.

Hate all you want but if you lived here you’d know better.
    2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmo View Post
    The Hill Country, north/west of San Antonio is bike riding heaven.....
    It's not bad but there are many, and I mean MANY, nicer rides across the USA than the Texas hill country.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LeftCoast View Post
    So sorry I clicked on this thread and saw so many disparaging comments based on newspaper articles from folks who don’t live here.

Like others have said every city has issues. If you go to SF there are some bad areas but mostly there are areas of wonderful views, incredible restaurants and bars and tourism never mind some of the best ryding in the country.

I've lived there. Nice views is right. And good riding....as long as you begin and end further north or south than the city limits and stay within sight of the coast. Eating is good if you prefer seafood or Chinese food. Other than that.....nothing to report (except the excellent Sourdough bread). Unless you are into sailing the ocean is unusable and the afternoon fog ruins summer evenings. The City's tourist attractions are always jammed with traffic, overpriced and underwhelming. It is, however, a very 'friendly' city if you are into that sort of thing.

"The coldest winter I ever spent was summer in San Francisco" - M. Twain

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We spent a whole year traveling in the lower 48 in our motorhome. Rode some of the best roads in the nation, saw places that we'd like to visit again, and some we never care to see again. We also met folks and fellow travelers and learned to understand their stories and points of view. In the end some of our misconceived stereotypes were broken, others reinforced. All I can say, if you're making comments without ever having been there or talked with folks from there, your views are maybe somewhat less valid than those whose view of the nation are a bit more expanded.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's bit fair to completion about someplace that you've never been to...

At least give yourself a chance to scrape some of their crap off of your boots; before opening your mouth.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LeftCoast View Post

are you saying that you don't have a problem with bums, poop and needles, highest by far taxes in the country
    and large companies in ca. aren't moving to tx? if that is true then the news media is full of poop.

oh, by the way i talk to my customers many from other states and some from other countries and i do ask if
    what i see on the news is true about their area. i have had many customers who tell me the truth about russia
    and ukraine. i even had albanian customer that told me what they know when the movie taken came out.
    Last edited by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN; 09-24-2018 at 07:08 AM.

Spyder Garage

Well there you go back to your ever Negative ways. If what you put out is always negative, that is exactly what you get back in return. Now I can't comment on Albania as I have never been there. I have lived in California for almost 67 years, and I can tell you that it is a wonderful place to live. We have the best weather in the country, and the most diverse ryding terrain in the country. I have no problem with people leaving the state, that is the great thing about this country, we can live anywhere we want to in this great country. I for one am very sorry that you don't love where you live, this could explain your constant flow of negativity. I would suggest that you pack up and move to North Carolina right! Life is too short to be stuck in a place you hate! So cheer up, you too will soon be living in a place you can be proud of, just like I am proud to be living in California!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Well there you go back to your ever Negative ways. If what you put out is always negative, that is exactly what you get back in return. Now I can't comment on Albania as I have never been there. I have lived in California for almost 67 years, and I can tell you that it is a wonderful place to live. We have the best weather in the country, and the most diverse ryding terrain in the country. I have no problem with people leaving the state, that is the great thing about this country, we can live anywhere we want to in this great country. I for one am very sorry that you don't love where you live, this could explain your constant flow of negativity. I would suggest that you pack up and move to North Carolina right! Life is too short to be stuck in a place you hate! So cheer up, you too will soon be living in a place you can be proud of, just like I am proud to be living in California!
    well i am very sorry if you feel bringing to light serious problems that exist is being negative then i can't begin to
    know what you think of the bill cosby sentencing, the firing of matt lauer or the illegal immigration problem or the
    stabbing of 3 babies and 2 adults at an illegal day care center run by illegals (chinese) last week in flushing, ny. and
    i'm sure you wouldn't want to know the true back story behind that heinous crime.