Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default CALIFORNIA TO OUTLAW STRAWS

does this mean you have to roll up a hundred dollar bill to drink your soda or can they break the tip off a needle
    found in the street and use that instead?

just wondering.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Please don't make comments about things you know nothng about. California DID NOT outlaw straws. Go online and read the law and then comment when you are informed.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

OK let me rephrase:
    restrict the use of straws, patrons when dining out should request one if wanted. i also saw on the news a
    waitress can be fined if she gives you one when not requested.

how come no comment on the straw alternatives?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm all-in on the idea of just gulping down a Jumbo-sized soda...

...and then puking it all back up!

THAT'LL make them re-think the logic in their decision!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

What's that ??
    They want to ban straws and I.C.E ?
    As strange as NY, where they want to legalize marijuana, and outlaw soda.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Kalifornia will pay for a sex change operation if someone so wants... & they will harbor & support illegals... but they spend their time making a goofy law to limit/ban plastic straws... seems to me Kalifornia's lawmakers are about as stupid as they come.... makes me wonder about the intelligence of Kalifornia voters...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    OK let me rephrase:
    restrict the use of straws, patrons when dining out should request one if wanted. i also saw on the news a
    waitress can be fined if she gives you one when not requested.

how come no comment on the straw alternatives?
    Again uninformed response. This only applies to Full Service restaurants. Fast food establishments are not covered in the restrictions. Most full service restaurants already are using paper straws that are not covered under the restrictions. Personally the next time I use a straw in a full service Restaurant will be the first in 50 years, and in those days the straws were paper. This is much ado about nothing. Remember no one is asking you to move to California. We are doing just fine without you! You on the other hand would not be doing fine without us. Remember we are the 5th largest economy in the world! We produce most of your fresh fruit and vegetables, most of the wine in the country and most of the best craft beers. So if we decide that we can do somethings to improve on the environment, you will find that as usual we are the innovators, you are the followers, and you can look for "plastic straw" restrictions in your states in the near future! Mark my words, California is the Sheppard, the other states are the sheep!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default Don't you just love it....

That's why it is the entertainment capital of the world... not just movies you know. San Francisco will put servers away for six months for setting down an unsolicited plastic straw. With your drink. remember the whole plastic bag deal... now you have to buy a heavier stronger longer lasting plastic bag they say they are environmentally better but only for those that end up in a landfill...one could go on with all the crazy stuff that goes on here but it more entertaining in doses...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What if an illegal immigrant is caught crossing the border, and is smuggling plastic straws into California?
    How many heads will explode in Sacramento?

Last edited by Bob Denman; 09-21-2018 at 01:39 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Well..........

California ( my home state ) did put limits on plastic straws.

BUT:

San Francisco ( " don't call it Frisco " ) did put an outright ban on plastic straws ( but you can get free needles ????)

BTW: When I was born in San Francisco 71 years ago------- It was a most beautiful city.( and much of it still is) " The City " was the place to go when I became of age and my friends and I had wonderful times there. Now I wouldn't set foot in the 14 sq. mi. that is the city and county of San Francisco. My son by marriage has to commute and work in down town SF daily. He says it's WORSE than you think.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Watch out for those assault straws !

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    What if an illegal immigrant is caught crossing the border, and is smuggling plastic straws into California?
    How many heads will explode in Sacramento?
    None as the straws are not outlawed. In a full service restaurant if I ask for a plastic straw they will bring me one! In a fast food restaurant they are out on display for me to take at will, and they will be after January 1 2019 as well. They are not banned. Recently I was in Colorado and someone gave me some stainless steel straws that we use at home we can wash them and re-use them. It just makes good sense to do what you can for the environment especially if it doesn't inconvenience you AT ALL! I have no use for plastic straws!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Straws don't kill people, people kill people!!! You'll have to pry my straw from my cold, dead, hands!
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    None as the straws are not outlawed. In a full service restaurant if I ask for a plastic straw they will bring me one! In a fast food restaurant they are out on display for me to take at will, and they will be after January 1 2019 as well. They are not banned. Recently I was in Colorado and someone gave me some stainless steel straws that we use at home we can wash them and re-use them. It just makes good sense to do what you can for the environment especially if it doesn't inconvenience you AT ALL! I have no use for plastic straws!
    Relax: I was just playin' with you a little bit...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Relax: I was just playin' with you a little bit...
    I know!

Spyder Garage

Default You too can help

The average American uses 38000 straws in a lifetime. You only need one! But for those of you that like to make a statement you can use the straws in the link below to color coordinate with your outfit for the day! Even includes a cleaning brush!

https://www.kleankanteen.com/product...et-multi-color

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I live here in CA. and on Chan. 3 TV Sacramento they said many times that ALL Plastic straws are the ones
    that are taboo.....

Please don't make comments about things you know nothng about. California DID NOT outlaw straws. Go online and read the law and then comment when you are informed.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default When I was younger......

Straws were made of PAPER, I remember trying to suck a milk shake through them and having them
    collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    does this mean you have to roll up a hundred dollar bill to drink your soda or can they break the tip off a needle
    found in the street and use that instead?

just wondering.

Spyder Garage

Just going to watch. Have fun girls and boys.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Someone's been drinking Kool-Aid...……..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The average American uses 38000 straws in a lifetime. You only need one! But for those of you that like to make a statement you can use the straws in the link below to color coordinate with your outfit for the day! Even includes a cleaning brush!

https://www.kleankanteen.com/product...et-multi-color
    There is no way the average american uses 38000 straws in a lifetime. That would mean I would have to live until 104(38000 days = 104 years) and use 1 straw everyday from the day I was born. I am lucky if I use 5 a month. Somebody or some website's figures are WAY off. The tree-huggers make up whatever numbers they want to make a point. Go ahead, keep believing everything you read on the internet or watch on youtube. The world would be a better place if they never invented the plastic bottle. I see them everywhere, but I have never seen a straw in the wild.

Those Kalifornia lawmakers must stand in a circle and smoke together to come with that stuff.
    Last edited by Joel The Biker; 09-21-2018 at 03:56 PM.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Joel.. It's all very clear to me:
    You are obviously Far above average!

Spyder Garage

This is just another example of George Washington's Expense Account.
    To whit: There are many big problems that are completely out of the control of legislators, so they legislate the little things.
    They can't get a grip on illegal immigration.
    They can't get a grip on crime.
    They can't get a grip on their budget.
    But damn, they can sure make an impact on straws.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    This is just another example of George Washington's Expense Account.
    To whit: There are many big problems that are completely out of the control of legislators, so they legislate the little things.
    They can't get a grip on illegal immigration.
    They can't get a grip on crime.
    They can't get a grip on their budget.
    But damn, they can sure make an impact on straws.
    Very funny. I love it!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    There is no way the average american uses 38000 straws in a lifetime. That would mean I would have to live until 104(38000 days = 104 years) and use 1 straw everyday from the day I was born. I am lucky if I use 5 a month. Somebody or some website's figures are WAY off. The tree-huggers make up whatever numbers they want to make a point. Go ahead, keep believing everything you read on the internet or watch on youtube. The world would be a better place if they never invented the plastic bottle. I see them everywhere, but I have never seen a straw in the wild.

Those Kalifornia lawmakers must stand in a circle and smoke together to come with that stuff.
    I am so sorry that you feel that way. BTW, my State is Spelled with a Capital "C". I have never heard of or been to the State of which you speak. I just looked at the map. The only states that start with a"K" are Kansas and Kentucky. I have been to both and like all the others they have their own strong points. Sorry I can't pass judgement on the State you mentioned as I think you may have made that one up. But you are cute though! Try to enjoy life more!