Spyder Garage

Default RT Seating Opinions

I want to get some opinions regarding seats on the RT. I would like the opinion of those that are at least 6 feet tall and 260+ pounds. I frequently carry a passenger so I would prefer an option that doesn't limit passenger room. I am also considering options like Motorcycle Dave's gel insert.

Spyder Garage

I'm 6ft and vary from 250lbs to 270 lbs since buying my '13 RTL. I still use the stock seat, but have added a BeadRider for the drivers portion.
    I have a buddy very close to the same and he didn't like it. I do and have driven over 20,000 miles with it, best seat/combination ever as far as I'm concerned.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

6'4" 290lbs here. Only 1600 miles in on my 2018 RT, but very happy with the Comfort Seat upgrade.

Sat in both stock and the comfort seat at the dealer, and opted to upgrade for the additional couple inches rearward move that the comfort gave. Stock would have had me riding with my leg angle at less than 90 degrees, but the comfort opened the angle up beyond 90. It does take a little from the back seat, but my wife is 5'2", so not an issue for her.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CJ.RamMan View Post
    I want to get some opinions regarding seats on the RT. I would like the opinion of those that are at least 6 feet tall and 260+ pounds. I frequently carry a passenger so I would prefer an option that doesn't limit passenger room. I am also considering options like Motorcycle Dave's gel insert.
    I'm 6 foot 260 pounds. We bought the Ultimate seat for our 2018 RT. Love it. No squirming at all. I was well impressed.

Spyder Garage

Default RT seat opinion

We have a 2013 RT. I tried many things over the last 4 years to make the stock seat better. Bead riders helped but not with real comfort. I even took the cover off and cut out some lumbar support to gain room. no better. My wife also had issues. I bought a gel cushion and pillow etc. I'm 6' and 235ish. This year at SpyderQuest we bought a Mustang seat complete with passenger and driver back rest. When we ryde together I remove the driver rest. It is worth every cent. Pierre at Can Am Accessories did the install. Love it. The bead rider helps on hot days to cool "things", but overall long ryde comfort has never been better for both of us.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010, 2014, and 2018 RTs...
    I always like the upright seating position; with my feet sort of forward just a little bit...
    The 2010's seat was... okay. The two newer bikes were much better.
    I used a sheepskin seat cover on the 2014, and it really helped a lot!
    If you add a backrest: your passenger's space will be reduced... The Missus always preferred that I remove it when we rode together.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

The BRP Comfort seat is good for one up and no bigger person on the rear part.

We ride separately these days and both RT's have the BRP Comfort seat option.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

6'4 240,ultmate tallboy seat worked for me.Wife had plenty of room when riding also.

Spyder Garage

185 here so not really what you are looking for but take a look at the Russell Day long.
    2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Do a search for Three Seats for a Tall Guy. I did a three seat comparison with pictures and measurements. I’m on my phone and can’t do the links.

I compared Corbin, Ultimate, and Comfort seat.
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

I had all three seats at the same time. Surprisingly I went with BRPs Comfort seat.
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Default Seat

I'm 6'3" and 280. I had Russell build a seat for my wife and I. They moved me back a little and they reshaped the backrest to move the passenger back. The seat was great but the Spyder experience not so much. After 8 RDL seats I wouldn't even try anything else.

Spyder Garage

How much did it move the passenger back rest? A couple of inches would be nice. I think the RT seating is cramped and I am not that tall. I can't imagine what it would be like for someone taller. Anyway, what are the options for moving the passenger backrest farther back?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kdp1308 View Post
    How much did it move the passenger back rest? A couple of inches would be nice. I think the RT seating is cramped and I am not that tall. I can't imagine what it would be like for someone taller. Anyway, what are the options for moving the passenger backrest farther back?
    You can't move the backrest itself as it is part of the bike and the back section is all one piece. What Russell did for us was to remove foam and reshape it so my wife was able to move back. The seating on the RT is cramped for a big machine and one of the many reasons I went back to the wing. I sold it to a neighbor so I get to ride it on occasion but the wing for larger folks has a lot more seating room. The only other option is find a smaller pillion but that could cause some domestic distress.

Spyder Garage

This is an older thread but it gives me the info I was looking for.
    I am about 6'3 and I think that my riding position needs adjusted via the seat.
    My lower legs are pointed a few degrees towards the rear and that maks the brake kind of hard to reach and press compared to if my legs were pointed straight up and down or slightly forward.
    I know there is not a lot to work with when there is a rear passenger to accommodate.
    If there are any other brand of seats that I should be looking at, please let me know.

Thanks...!
    2018 RT Limited White/Chrome.
    BlueSeaSky front & rear dash cam.
    USB plugs
    TechMount cellphone holder
    Squared Away laser alignment.
    BajaRon anti-sway bar and links.
    Dynojet
    Ceramic coated cat delete pipe

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

you might want to give this a try Airhawk R Cruiser Seat Pad you can do a search for it and read about it.
    2012 RTL , Brown

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

6'2" 370. I had a 2016 RT-S that I put the Ultimate Tall boy with backrest on it and absolutely loved it. Did several 2000 mile trips on it, really comfortable and no back aches with it. Traded the bike in for my wife and she got a 2018 RT that we put the seat on her bike, and she loves it. True she is no where near my size but she still loves it. I bought a 2018 F3 limited for myself. Just ordered the Ultimate tall boy for my F3 I loved the seat so much. Of course comfort of all seats depends on the individual. But as a truely big guy, I would recommend the Ultimate Seats. Plus the black ebony croc stitching is absolutely awesome!!!
    2018 F3 Limited , Intense Red