Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Front Tires

Spyder Garage

Default Meaningful info

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmal View Post
    Maybe you should tread lightly ( no pun intended ), let’s try to stick to positive input on the thread at hand and not get political or personal!! It makes zero sense to get off topic...
    My research also shows that Vredesteins are a brand from the Netherlands and highly regarded. The Sportrac 5 is a Summer tire ( difficult to get in the US ) and the Quatrac 5 is an all season tire. I am rolling all 3 now and they are wayyy better than the Kendas but quite frankly, I have no other comparison.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmal View Post
    My research also shows that Vredesteins are a brand from the Netherlands and highly regarded. The Sportrac 5 is a Summer tire ( difficult to get in the US ) and the Quatrac 5 is an all season tire. I am rolling all 3 now and they are wayyy better than the Kendas but quite frankly, I have no other comparison.
    Yeah, but are they any good in non-flat country or above sea level?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rtotten View Post
    I need new front tires for my 2013 RTL. Open for suggestions. I have over 20K on the original Kendas.

Thanks,
    Rick
    I run the Federal Formoza's on My '13 RTL wonderful improvement, have driven in monsoon rains at highway and backroads speeds with my (MSgt, USAF, Retired) wife on the back. She was very happy with them as well.

David
    TSgt, USAF, retired (and my Spyder's been re-tired with Federal's)
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Mine were made in the Netherlands. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

The Federal Formoza and Yokohamas have been rated on the European Union Tire labeling system and the Formoza had a better wet grip rating than the Yokohama.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Due to all the differences of opinions and riding style and ability, you are never going to know how a specific tire is going to handle, or last, until you personally try it on your vehicle. There are far too many good tires on the market to get a realistic opinion of their potential because everyone rides and drives differently. What I feel may be a terrific tire on my vehicle and with my riding style may turn out to be a totally different experience for someone else. Then you can throw a curve ball on the entire issue of tires based on how people maintain them. Do they check tire pressure daily, weekly, monthly or only when their vehicle goes in for service? How is the vehicle alignment, shocks, etc.? Talking tires other than to say don't buy cheap is a total waste of time. First hand experience is the best teacher in this area. It's akin to asking what engine oil is best?

Rick H.

Spyder Garage

Another vote for the Federal Formoza here. I've tried several different tires over the years and miles, but so far they are the best and as a bonus they do come in the stock size so there's no guesswork about fitment.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Default Helpful

It sure is helpful in where to start in deleting new tires. What's ok & what's not ok and why. What is important to me and what isn't important to me. Thank you folks