Spyder Garage

Default J & M cb - anyone?

Has anyone installed the J & M handlebar mounted cb radio I see on the Sierra Electronics website (www.sierra-mc.com)? And if so, are you happy with it? The stick antenna work OK? Is there clearance to get to the Reverse button? Any mini review appreciated.

Spyder Garage

my daughter has used one for a few years uses it all the time ,very happy with it .cant use one myself because of a hearing problem but have installed one

Spyder Garage

Installed one on my wife's F3T. It works very well indeed. We also interfaced it with her Sena headset so she does not need a corded J&M headset.

20180512_160859.jpg20180512_160859.jpg

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default J & M CB

I installed a J & M cb / intercom on my 2011 RT Limited.

I'm happy with the unit CB and intercom work well. I do get some interferance when I use the aux input from the Garmin GPS. I have music on a mini card in the Garmin GPS so I connected the J & M aux input cable to the Garmin.
    So I have music, intercom , and the gps in my headset. I did have to buy the J&M cord with a volumn control for the wife. With my poor hearing the J&M was to loud for her.

The J & M is a nice unit that I've owned for years, used prior on a BMW.

Spyder Garage

I have a J&M cb that I'm going to move to my Spyder. Could you explain how you interfaced it to a Sena headset? I have a bluetooth headset that is not Sena but it works very well and would like to use it with the CB.

Thanks,
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Installed one on my wife's F3T. It works very well indeed. We also interfaced it with her Sena headset so she does not need a corded J&M headset.

20180512_160859.jpg20180512_160859.jpg
    Bruce
    Yorktown, VA
    '08 Spyder GS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bwbarnes View Post
    I have a J&M cb that I'm going to move to my Spyder. Could you explain how you interfaced it to a Sena headset? I have a bluetooth headset that is not Sena but it works very well and would like to use it with the CB.

Thanks,
    Bruce

Sena makes the SR10 CB Radio interface module. Then used the pigtail cable they sell and added the DIN plug to match the J&M headset cord. The SENA headset links to the interface module. Push to talk is on the radio so that part of the connection is not used, just speakers and mic. Do not think the interface module links to other than SENA headsets.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default J & M cb

Thanks guys, I appreciate the information. And Sylvestor, I sent you a PM about the unit you have for sale.
    Jake

Quote Originally Posted by sylvester View Post
    got one for sale 150.00 plus shipping