Spyder Garage

Default Genius Map Live Traffic.

Good afternoon everyone.
    I just wanted everyone to know that once I bought the “Live Traffic ($12.99)” for Genius Maps, I’ve been having some trouble w the app. I think it’s when I lose 4G/LTG/WiFi signal. BRP Connect says “please connect phone to USB”, and my dash goes blank but I can still hear the turn by turn. I’m gonna contact the app developers, but in case you’re thinking about upgrading to live traffic, or having problems w Genius Maps, turn off live traffic.
    ‘When it works it’s accurate and great to have, not fun when it doesn’t work while on a highway.
    Just sharing the knowledge.
    Have a great weekend.
    Jarred

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I didn't seem to have problems with Live Traffic but more with voiced alerts. Directions, Red light cameras, Speed and Gas stations were causing not only a pesky interference but when not in the Maps view I would hear them and things were fine, but open the Maps and within an hour the system crashed. I mute them and things work fine. I also pair to my working phone so I get Waze, Garmin, SiriusXM phone music. My old phone is connected to the bike and shows Genius Maps, Rever and FOBO. Maybe, when they fix things and add a few more apps Ill go back to using the dash only.

I have asked Genius Maps to make it possible to fix the settings so these alerts don't work more permanently. Right now every time I open the Maps I have to turn the alerts off, I would like to set them and forget them and not have to turn them off every time. I would be able to turn any or all on or off when I want.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    I have asked Genius Maps to make it possible to fix the settings so these alerts don't work more permanently. Right now every time I open the Maps I have to turn the alerts off, I would like to set them and forget them and not have to turn them off every time. I would be able to turn any or all on or off when I want.

I just purchased the Genius maps and have this complaint myself. I really don't like "big brother" constantly telling me to slow down. Especially when at one point, my music wouldn't come back on. I turned off the speed notification but noticed it was on again the next time I opened the app. Dislike!
    Laura Moon
    French kissing life square in the mouth....
    LDYBLU - 2018 RTLE

Spyder Garage

Default “ Please slow to 55 MPH”

Quote Originally Posted by Luna View Post
    I just purchased the Genius maps and have this complaint myself. I really don't like "big brother" constantly telling me to slow down. Especially when at one point, my music wouldn't come back on. I turned off the speed notification but noticed it was on again the next time I opened the app. Dislike!
    I hate that “verbal warning” too. I drove up to Lage George, must of heard that message a thousand times before I figured out how to turn it off. Hopefully there’ll be an update soon. I’m glad to see these apps are stil on the 2019’s, that should make BRP/App developers motivated to fix it.

Spyder Garage

Default Updates

I just learned we have to manually update the maps by going to “Manage Maps” under Settings. I had tons of updates to install. And that explains why they routed me to a dead end last trip, they were doing major construction in Mass, guess the roads changed.

Spyder Garage

Jarred, I went to manage maps, settings and I didn't find how to update maps. Can you tell me how you did it.

Joe
    Lamonster Bright Ryder,
    Lamonster Bright Tail Lighter,
    Lamonster H4 LED Headlights,
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights,
    Lamonster Fog Light Ring Combo,
    Rox Riser
    Lamonster Driver Back Rest,
    Lamonster Frame Mount Drink Holder.
    Lamonster 15" Freedom Shield Wind Shield
    ******* USA flag
    Freecom 2 head sets
    Mirror Wedgies by Squared Away
    Motorcycle Dave's Tachform phone cradle
    Spyderpops Turnsignal LEDs
    Spyder Sisters Shade
    Spyderpops LidLocs
    Spyderpops front fender LEDs by Show Chrome
    Motorcycle Dave's Gel seat insert
    2018 F3L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Default How to update.

Quote Originally Posted by jlc41 View Post
    Jarred, I went to manage maps, settings and I didn't find how to update maps. Can you tell me how you did it.

Joe
    Good morning Joe.
    1-open Genius Maps on phone
    2-click on last tab on bottom (3 horizontal lines)
    3-click on “Manage Maps” (pic of globe, bottom left)
    that should take you to the North America screen, look to see if there are any updates, update by clicking the button to far right. I had 8 updates to download, Canada, Alaska, USA North East etc.
    Good luck, let me know if you have any problems.
    Jarred.