Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    The Slingshot is already a shaftie…
    Funny looking shaft drive!!!
    912EYdHvqRL._SX425_.jpg

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Funny looking shaft drive!!!
    912EYdHvqRL._SX425_.jpg
    Read post 23

Spyder Garage

I saw the gold wing now has DCT (Had the vfr with DCT) and they came out with a trike conversion for the new goldwing....it has me thinking 🤔
    2017 F3 Daytona , Black/Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    Driveshafts consume more power--but it would be worth the belt adjusting grief.
    Darrell
    Well now THAT'S the beauty of the Slingshot: you get the worst of both Worlds.

Belt adjustments, AND parasitic power loss!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So you want bigger engine more power and drive shaft, so shock would need upgraded as well maybe plus new frame to handle the bigger more power. So are all ready to end up paying over $50 grand if you spec it out, goldwing trike sure sound better at this price point.

Spyder Garage

Completely agree!!

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Only if it's a reverse trike.. most of us Spyder owners understand and appreciate the reverse trike configuration which is far superior to conventional trikes.

But if Honda were to do a reverse trike with the right specs I'd have to seriously consider getting one.
    Nate and Lori

2021 Spyder RT Limited--Deep Marsala Red--Chrome Edition

[/B]​Nelson-Rigg half cover, Hopnel side bags and trunk liner bags, , Driver's Backrest, BRP Trailer hitch and control module, 131 DB horn from TricLED, "Shadow" trailer from Mini Trailer USA,

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner3773 View Post
    +1 on the driveshaft. I loved them on my Shadow, Vulcan, and Valkyries. The 1330 really needs to jump the horsepower a bit also. I have noticed two-up passing or passing with a trailer can become a dancing act with the trans. More than once I have said to myself when passing, "Come on, come on, oh crap!" LOL
    Have you tried leaning forward? Just kidding.

Spyder Garage

I would like to see shaft drive, better radio and helmet storage. Other then that I'm very happy with my rtl. Chris

2021 RT Limited
    2021 Spyder RT Liminted , Marsala Red in Black

Spyder Garage

One of the challenges with periodic body style updates and drive train changes is that it creates problems in the dealer's supply chain to keep up with all the changes. Also, if you're one who keeps his machine for a long time and the marque refreshes its product line periodically, you will eventually run into a parts availability problem. And not only do parts get harder and harder to find, but their price goes up as well.

So from a long-term cost-of-ownership perspective, it's best if the company keeps the same body style and drivetrain for a good length of time. Think of Ford's Crown Vic.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBuckeye View Post
    Have you tried leaning forward? Just kidding.
    Yes, leaning forward helps...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Baxter View Post
    One of the challenges with periodic body style updates and drive train changes is that it creates problems in the dealer's supply chain to keep up with all the changes. Also, if you're one who keeps his machine for a long time and the marque refreshes its product line periodically, you will eventually run into a parts availability problem. And not only do parts get harder and harder to find, but their price goes up as well.

So from a long-term cost-of-ownership perspective, it's best if the company keeps the same body style and drivetrain for a good length of time. Think of Ford's Crown Vic.
    Or the rumored 1960s Ford Falcons they still make in South America...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
    I personally think that if Honda would make a factory three wheeler , Can Am would loose a lot of customers .
    Google the Honda Neowing 3 wheeler.

Spyder Garage

They need a total re-design of the RT. It's a dinosaur at this point compared to the F3. The riding position is too upright, not enough adjustability. Floor boards slope downward, so you're always on the balls of your feet, at least I am. $700 if you want to adjust the handlebars, that's without labor, etc.

I agree, power should be increased. It's quick, but it's also heavy so more HP would be a welcome addition. I'd also like to see much more exhaust options. The RT is more of a quiet cruiser and that's fine, but 1 slip on can for $1000 doesn't sit well with me. Yes there's aftermarket, but come on Can-AM...offer more than 1 option.

Spyder Garage

I find it amusing that people want the RT to be redesigned so that it's not.................an RT.
    A little more power.............................yes. (They've already gone from a v-twin to a triple)
    Some electronics that work well...................yes. (maybe the 2018 got it right, I don't know)
    Shaft Drive................ABSOLUTELY
    More storage................sure, the side bags could certainly be bigger.
    Different colors, and color schemes ?
    What else do you want ?
    Fins ??

I'd like to see two things.
    First, I'd like to be able to order a Spyder from the factory with options. If you want the tri-axis bars, you have to buy the stock bars AND the tri-axis bars AND have to pay for the dealer to do the removal and replacement. Same with all the chrome gee-gaws. doo-dads and what not. Wouldn't it be nice to order the Spyder and have it delivered with your chosen options already installed ?

Second, and I know I sound like a broken record, BRP needs to concentrate on improving their dealer service. Rather than add new models, make sure all their technicians know how to fix the models that they have.

Just my thoughts. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone here will let me know.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Man oh man! You guys are hard to please. First off, the real money is in accessorizing a vehicle. Remove "farkles" like Harley has done and then charge the crap out the customer to put the same stuff on the bike that was once "standard". Oh, and when Harley did this little slight of hand with their big bikes the price on them didn't drop down one little cent. Problems come into the mix when people want to order different options right from the factory which mostly use an instant supply system. The more options you give to the customer the more difficult it is for the factory to keep up with customized orders and the greater the risk of something not being put together properly. I once ordered an AMC Jeep CJ-7 with an automatic transmission. It came with a 3 speed manual and was an end of the model year build. Now what? The V-8 option that I also wanted wasn't available the following year so I was confronted with take it, or leave it. My new wife at the time learned how to drive a manual trans pretty fast.

In reality I don't mind if the dealer adds on the extras I want, as long as the job is done properly, but the rub comes in when you get nothing back for the take off parts that many dealers try to keep for themselves to use later. Just look at the stock take-off muffler supplies most Harley dealers have on hand. Another example is the Tri-Axis handlebar. If I want one installed on my new Spyder I should get the cost of the take-off part back if I give the bars to the dealership. What the heck am I going to do with a set of new/old handlebars? Same with seats and windshields. Unfortunately it just doesn't work that way and the dealer usually is the big winner in the end. It seems to be that Harley and others have found a way to make even more money off their customers by giving them less.

Rick H.

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Bob Denman;1392152] I know: so was I!

For the Record; here's proof:

[/QUO
    Why the heck did they put a belt in the drive train? Evidently never heard of carrier bearings with a u-joint to a second shaft thru the swing arm.

Coke TE]
    2015 RT-S , RED/BLACK

Spyder Garage

Default Wrong!

Wrong, it does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    The Slingshot is already a shaftie…
    2017 F3 Limited , Gloss Black with red and carbon fiber accents

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You quit reading too quickly, and missed the entire point of that exchange...

Take look at Post 23: it explains everything!
    And Yes: it absolutely DOES have a driveshaft!
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 09-21-2018 at 11:22 AM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black