Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Still waiting for a major change to the RT

I don’t post often but read the forums multiple times daily. My first RT was a 2011 coming from numerous two wheelers. Loved it from first ride and when they made major changes in 2014 bought a new one. Still waiting for any major change other than a digital dash, etc. I would settle for even a body change but would really enjoy more horse power. Might just be me but hoping again for 2020.

Spyder Garage

While BRP could certainly very easily and probably cost effectively jack up the horsepower of the 1330, they most likely don't see the need to do so, as most of us 1330 owners are happy with things just the way they are. Yes, they do so with their ATV/off road vehicles, Skidoos & Seadoos, but those appeal to a totally different demographic than Spyders. I wouldn't look for any significant horsepower changes from BRP as far as the 1330 is concerned. Now, if they developed a horizontally opposed 6 cylinder 1800, well then I would think there would be more HP.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default My 2 cents.

Drive shaft
    winter panels or vents for cool weather riding (to use engine heat in passenger zone)
    rider position like F3 while keeping passenger comfort as is or better
    Bring MSRP down to discount clearance price.

Phil

Spyder Garage

+1 on the driveshaft. I loved them on my Shadow, Vulcan, and Valkyries. The 1330 really needs to jump the horsepower a bit also. I have noticed two-up passing or passing with a trailer can become a dancing act with the trans. More than once I have said to myself when passing, "Come on, come on, oh crap!" LOL

Spyder Garage

Default RT

Love my 2014 RTS the way it is. Plus I owe nothing on it.
    2014 Spyder RTS

Tri Axis Handlebars
    Big Bike Trailer Harness
    Rivco Front Bumper (Black)
    Rivco Highway Pegs
    Ultimate Seat
    Garmin GPS
    Trailer Hitch
    Aluma XL Trailer
    Stainless Grill Covers
    Cupholder
    Spring Stiffeners
    Rivco Floorboards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Since the Ryker has a driveshaft: the other bikes will get it next.
    Three years... TOPS!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner3773 View Post
    +1 on the driveshaft. I loved them on my Shadow, Vulcan, and Valkyries. The 1330 really needs to jump the horsepower a bit also. I have noticed two-up passing or passing with a trailer can become a dancing act with the trans. More than once I have said to myself when passing, "Come on, come on, oh crap!" LOL
    Have you tried leaning forward? Just kidding.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBuckeye View Post
    Have you tried leaning forward? Just kidding.
    Yes, leaning forward helps...

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default 6 cyl.

Sounds like you are wanting them to copy the Honda GoldWing along with the shaft drive...
    that would make it near perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    While BRP could certainly very easily and probably cost effectively jack up the horsepower of the 1330, they most likely don't see the need to do so, as most of us 1330 owners are happy with things just the way they are. Yes, they do so with their ATV/off road vehicles, Skidoos & Seadoos, but those appeal to a totally different demographic than Spyders. I wouldn't look for any significant horsepower changes from BRP as far as the 1330 is concerned. Now, if they developed a horizontally opposed 6 cylinder 1800, well then I would think there would be more HP.