Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Still waiting for a major change to the RT

I don’t post often but read the forums multiple times daily. My first RT was a 2011 coming from numerous two wheelers. Loved it from first ride and when they made major changes in 2014 bought a new one. Still waiting for any major change other than a digital dash, etc. I would settle for even a body change but would really enjoy more horse power. Might just be me but hoping again for 2020.

Spyder Garage

While BRP could certainly very easily and probably cost effectively jack up the horsepower of the 1330, they most likely don't see the need to do so, as most of us 1330 owners are happy with things just the way they are. Yes, they do so with their ATV/off road vehicles, Skidoos & Seadoos, but those appeal to a totally different demographic than Spyders. I wouldn't look for any significant horsepower changes from BRP as far as the 1330 is concerned. Now, if they developed a horizontally opposed 6 cylinder 1800, well then I would think there would be more HP.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default My 2 cents.

Drive shaft
    winter panels or vents for cool weather riding (to use engine heat in passenger zone)
    rider position like F3 while keeping passenger comfort as is or better
    Bring MSRP down to discount clearance price.

Phil

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default 6 cyl.

Sounds like you are wanting them to copy the Honda GoldWing along with the shaft drive...
    that would make it near perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    While BRP could certainly very easily and probably cost effectively jack up the horsepower of the 1330, they most likely don't see the need to do so, as most of us 1330 owners are happy with things just the way they are. Yes, they do so with their ATV/off road vehicles, Skidoos & Seadoos, but those appeal to a totally different demographic than Spyders. I wouldn't look for any significant horsepower changes from BRP as far as the 1330 is concerned. Now, if they developed a horizontally opposed 6 cylinder 1800, well then I would think there would be more HP.

Spyder Garage

+1 on the driveshaft. I loved them on my Shadow, Vulcan, and Valkyries. The 1330 really needs to jump the horsepower a bit also. I have noticed two-up passing or passing with a trailer can become a dancing act with the trans. More than once I have said to myself when passing, "Come on, come on, oh crap!" LOL

Spyder Garage

Default RT

Love my 2014 RTS the way it is. Plus I owe nothing on it.
    2014 Spyder RTS

Tri Axis Handlebars
    Big Bike Trailer Harness
    Rivco Front Bumper (Black)
    Rivco Highway Pegs
    Ultimate Seat
    Garmin GPS
    Trailer Hitch
    Aluma XL Trailer
    Stainless Grill Covers
    Cupholder
    Spring Stiffeners
    Rivco Floorboards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Since the Ryker has a driveshaft: the other bikes will get it next.
    Three years... TOPS!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Most would like to see the RT "Wingized." Bigger engine, (1800 suggested), updated styling, etc.

I too, have said the same over the last five years or so.

I am glad to see the overall prices go down with the addition of the 2019's. GW did the same for theirs. $26K will get you a nice one now.

A difficult situation for many of us who have rode "big iron" and luxury offerings from other manufacturers.

Remains to be seen what will the final outcome be. The $30K price tag was tough for a few. The new $40K on some of the HD has about killed that brand.

Unfortunately, because of price, the "luxomobiles" are mostly for the ones with a few more bucks--not the up and comers that make up a lot of the market.

A rock and a hard place situation for the manufacturers.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default RT Linited Owner

I personally think that if Honda would make a factory three wheeler , Can Am would loose a lot of customers .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wonder if a drive shaft version for the RT comes out if that would pass on to the Slingshot?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Slingshot is already a shaftie…

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
    I personally think that if Honda would make a factory three wheeler , Can Am would loose a lot of customers .
    Only if it's a reverse trike.. most of us Spyder owners understand and appreciate the reverse trike configuration which is far superior to conventional trikes.

But if Honda were to do a reverse trike with the right specs I'd have to seriously consider getting one.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Honestly, initially I pretty much hated the belt drive. Vibrations and worry.

After reading where many drive belts have gone more than or are approaching 100 k on the drive belt, it eases my concerns.

Since lowering the belt tension to the Service Bulletin specs, the vibration is essentially gone. We may feel a slight hint with added load such as an overpass at 75 mph, merely the few seconds and then any vibration disappears.

I still remain intrigued by the Honda NeoWing. Maybe someday Honda will release it.

I do sometimes want more power and remain convinced the 1330 is detuned a bit too much. As the other guy mentioned, on the highway, making that pass, it really could use another 25 to 30 hp. Ironically, many readers instantly equate added HP to being a racer. Hardly, it’s a heavy RTS and simply lacks good numbers when you factor in the concept of pushing a barn door down the highway.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    The Slingshot is already a shaftie…
    it is?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yup! Lokk at their specs...

Manual transmission back to a shaft drive... and then to a captured drive belt! It's got everything that you could ever want (and some things that you might not... )

It's the damndest thing that you ever saw!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Partial drive shaft. I couldnt see them running that long of a belt anyway.

Spyder Garage

Yup! Lokk at their specs...

Manual transmission back to a shaft drive... and then to a captured drive belt! It's got everything that you could ever want (and some things that you might not... )

It's the damndest thing that you ever saw!
    Probably has Posi Traction too.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    I still remain intrigued by the Honda NeoWing. Maybe someday Honda will release it.
    Yea, I've been following that since the initial concept release, I even asked some Honda reps at AIM shows and nothing... crickets. But reports in June said several of the components are in commercial production so we'll see. Yamaha will be first to market with the 2019 Niken but I think I would prefer the Neowing - and the hybrid concept is cool.
    NEW/CURRENT (Wife's Bike, I ride Goldwing/Africa Twin)
    2023 RT Limited Petrol Blue Metallic
    Working on the upgrades... so far... Show Chrome Isolator Fuse Block, Tackform Adventure Wireless charger phone mount

OLD/TRADED
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl
    Farkles: Ultimate Tallboy seat, FOBO, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Spyder Cuff, Kradellock, TricLED lighting - fenders, A-Arms, saddlebags, run/brake, Custom Dynamics high brake light, brake modulator, Drink2Go passenger, MUTH turn signal mirrors, Bajaron sway bar, Kuryakyn ISO grips, SpyderTV front grilles & rear trunk organizer, homemade trunk light
    Pending: Elka shocks, Yokohama S Drive rear tire, EVO 595 front tires, Centramatic balancers, Neutrino black box

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Probably has Posi Traction too.
    The wheel that has any, and off the traction: gets the power!
    Kind of like us!

Spyder Garage

The wheel that has any, and off the traction: gets the power!
    Kind of like us!
    I was joking my friend, the Slingshot with shafts, belts and more has a single rear tire last I looked.

Just like our Spyder, it has a posi rear end...unless like some, the pulley splines implode.

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Honda usually bring out Anniversary models, usually followed by updates to the new ones
    As we have now had the Can Am 10yr Anniversary models, the time would be right for them to update one especially the RT
    Honda have several DCT automatic Motorcycles inc the New 1800 Gold Wing which has shaft drive
    If they built a Trike based on it, existing Spyder owners may be tempted if Can Am still only offer the 1330 Spyder with belt drive
    The new Ryker models uses the ACE derived engines from the Snowmobiles/Skidoos they already have a 1600 ACE engine and the Ryker now comes with shaft drive so it’s not impossible for BRP to consider baseing the new upgrade on a New Spyder utilising this technology
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

Shaftdrive and larger top load saddle bags for me.
    2014 RTS , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was joking my friend, the Slingshot with shafts, belts and more has a single rear tire last I looked.

Just like our Spyder, it has a posi rear end...unless like some, the pulley splines implode.

I know: so was I!

For the Record; here's proof:

3950611-0-13989971.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Someday I want to test the Posi-Trac system.

Spyder Garage

Since the Ryker has a driveshaft: the other bikes will get it next.
    Three years... TOPS!
    Driveshafts consume more power--but it would be worth the belt adjusting grief.
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black