Spyder Garage

Default F4 windshield owners - need some feedback

After a lot of research, reading reviews on this forum, and a few phone calls to windshield manufacturers, I've decided on a F4 windshield for my 2018 Spyder F3-S.

I am 6'2" and most of my height is in my legs. I ride with my pegs in the forward most position. They have 28" and 32" models available. From what I understand, the top of the 32" may be right at my eyesight line. I want to look over the windshield at all times, not through it, but I also want to ensure I get maximum wind redirection over the top of my helmet. I sometimes slouch a bit when riding as well.

Is there anyone out there around my height that has purchased either of these two models? I am considering ordering the 32" and having them cut an inch or two off of it before shipping it to me. Obviously once they do then I can't add any height back to it if it is too short. Also trying to minimize/avoid sending windshields back and forth to F4 for resizing.

Appreciate any feedback you all may have to help me figure out what height I should get.

Thanks in advance!

Spyder Garage

Default Windshield

Quote Originally Posted by rocketman74 View Post
    After a lot of research, reading reviews on this forum, and a few phone calls to windshield manufacturers, I've decided on a F4 windshield for my 2018 Spyder F3-S.

I am 6'2" and most of my height is in my legs. I ride with my pegs in the forward most position. They have 28" and 32" models available. From what I understand, the top of the 32" may be right at my eyesight line. I want to look over the windshield at all times, not through it, but I also want to ensure I get maximum wind redirection over the top of my helmet. I sometimes slouch a bit when riding as well.

Is there anyone out there around my height that has purchased either of these two models? I am considering ordering the 32" and having them cut an inch or two off of it before shipping it to me. Obviously once they do then I can't add any height back to it if it is too short. Also trying to minimize/avoid sending windshields back and forth to F4 for resizing.

Appreciate any feedback you all may have to help me figure out what height I should get.

Thanks in advance!
    I am 5ft10 I have the 32inch it works great if I sit up straight I look over it in the tilted back position. And if I lean down or tilt it up I look through it .I would get the 32 if you think it is to tall you can cut it down as much as you want at work we cut polycarbonate allot on a bandsaw
    At

Spyder Garage

Have you called Don at F4, Rocketman? He gets this question all the time, and should be able to tell you exactly what height you need for your riding style and body measurements.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rondaa View Post
    I am 5ft10 I have the 32inch it works great if I sit up straight I look over it in the tilted back position. And if I lean down or tilt it up I look through it .I would get the 32 if you think it is to tall you can cut it down as much as you want at work we cut polycarbonate allot on a bandsaw
    At
    Thanks! I am leaning towards the 32" model as well. As you said, I can always cut it down if it is too tall but it's hard to put height back on it once it is cut.

Appreciate the feedback!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Have you called Don at F4, Rocketman? He gets this question all the time, and should be able to tell you exactly what height you need for your riding style and body measurements.

Pete
    Thanks Pete! I talked to both Alicia and Rachel at F4 today. They agreed the 28" model is probably to short for me and would cause buffeting on my neck/head. I'm going to try the 32" model and cut it down if it is too tall for me to see over comfortably.

Appreciate the feedback!