Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bballistick View Post
    I’ve seen that. I was wondering if that would connect the gps up to the speakers or just the power?
    The customer accessory circuits are powered with the engine running. You can certainly power your gps from there. If you wish.

The gps power connector is lower down and farther back on the chassis. It is power on with the key on. Which I believe would be preferable for a gps.

The OP asked about his 2017 model. The gps connectors. 12V power from the radio. Also a gps input for audio to the radio in the same location.

On the 2018 models. The gps connector. 12V power comes from a fuse shared by the cluster and dps. I do not see any allowance for gps audio input to the radio.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    The customer accessory circuits are powered with the engine running. You can certainly power your gps from there. If you wish.

The gps power connector is lower down and farther back on the chassis. It is power on with the key on. Which I believe would be preferable for a gps.

The OP asked about his 2017 model. The gps connectors. 12V power from the radio. Also a gps input for audio to the radio in the same location.

On the 2018 models. The gps connector. 12V power comes from a fuse shared by the cluster and dps. I do not see any allowance for gps audio input to the radio.

Thanks for for all of the info. I ended up wiring it to the connector under the left lateral service cover. I looked for a connection where the gps2 is noted on your diagram but all I saw was a mini plug. So what I’ve got now is a functioning gps, but no sound coming through the radio which is fine for me as I pay more attention to the gps visually anyways. Again, thanks for all the imput.

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Default Managed to find the GPS audio in - details

I managed to find the GPS audio in behind the rear lateral cover. I got the GPS input to work with my Nüvi 56.

Details on modifiying a Nüvi for audio out and how to make it work with the OEM audio in an be found here: >CLICK ME<

to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

On 2014 and earlier models. The gps input into the radio was only designed for gps. It would override any other audio source when audio was output from the gps. It would cut back to the original source when there was quiet spots in the music. For some reason although the connections where stereo. Only the left channel input went out over both left and right speakers. So the gps made a very lousy mp3 player. On 2015 and later models, I think, they changed that so that you had a gps source screen on the display. So you could use the gps as a mp3 player with good sound that did not cut out and was in stereo.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    On 2014 and earlier models. The gps input into the radio was only designed for gps. It would override any other audio source when audio was output from the gps. It would cut back to the original source when there was quiet spots in the music. For some reason although the connections where stereo. Only the left channel input went out over both left and right speakers. So the gps made a very lousy mp3 player. On 2015 and later models, I think, they changed that so that you had a gps source screen on the display. So you could use the gps as a mp3 player with good sound that did not cut out and was in stereo.
    Correct. Anything I post is specific to the 2016 F3-T. I have no access to other models.

The NAV input selection is so that Zumos equipped with Sirius/xm or gps models with a built in player would work. It does indeed work great if your fone can read text messages, tho. No interruptions unless you get a message!

nav.jpg
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    I managed to find the GPS audio in behind the rear lateral cover. I got the GPS input to work with my Nüvi 56.

Details on modifiying a Nüvi for audio out and how to make it work with the OEM audio in an be found here: >CLICK ME<

Great site btw. I liked your mods.