Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  12
    Very Active Member

Default Splitting ECM to flash

Since Iím in Texas I was going to swing by monster fuel injectionís US dealer in shereveport to have ecm flashed but they say ecm has to be split opened then resealed????
    I thought it would be just plugged into computer and be reprogrammed!???
    Anyone know the exact procedure?
    6 states down 42 states to go

Steve has stated to me in the past that they do have to open them when they are shipped in to them. There are clips on the ECM and a rubber seal/gasket, so no issues with doing this....

Not sure if either of the US shops have the ability to flash via the OBDII port. Might wanna drop Steve an email for clarification...

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '10 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS A6 SC - The Beast

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck

Very Active Member

So monster FI in Canada can do it thru the port now instead of opening the ecm?
    I just got off the phone with the US vendor and they DO have to split it open then reseal with 18 hour curing time.

Quote Originally Posted by aka1004 View Post
    Since Iím in Texas I was going to swing by monster fuel injectionís US dealer in shereveport to have ecm flashed but they say ecm has to be split opened then resealed????
    I would wait.....

Dynojet --- the makers of items like the Power Commander, is coming out with a version of their Powervision CX for the Spyder. This is plug-n-play and allows YOU to flash your own ECM, back up the original, run various setups, clear codes, etc. The unit is about the same price as an ECM flash from one of these vendors, and unlike all of these other flash vendors, Dynojet is going to be posting actual dyno runs showing the improvements. None of the vendors doing flash upgrades are showing dyno results... it's all 'seat of the pants' testing.

The units should be out in a few weeks and will run around $385. Once you plug it in you can backup your original settings, download various other versions, etc... then you unplug the unit and put it away-- does not have to remain plugged in. Once you run the unit on your Spyder it is linked to it and will not work on any other Spyder.

I'll be getting one as soon as available....

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

When I had mine done out here, Jase said there were two options. He could download via the port, which would mean that the new map could be accidentally overwritten by dealer service, or the ECM could be split, have the new map loaded direct, and the new map could NOT be overwritten by the dealer.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2016 F3 Limited - Setup for Tall.... 6'7", 330lbs, 38"inleg.
    Lamonster RIP Boards in Position#5
    F4 25" F3-L screen fitted to Madstad adjustable hardware.
    Russell Daylong custom seat with driver 1.5" rearset, 1.5" taller
    Lamonster Billy Club handlebars
    ECU Xtreme Stage 2 retune
    Bajaron Stabiliser Bar
    Wilber 630/640 shocks
    Kuhmo KH17 175/60 fronts-18psi / KU22 205/55 rear-20psi

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I would wait.....

Dynojet --- the makers of items like the Power Commander, is coming out with a version of their Powervision CX for the Spyder. This is plug-n-play and allows YOU to flash your own ECM, back up the original, run various setups, clear codes, etc. The unit is about the same price as an ECM flash from one of these vendors, and unlike all of these other flash vendors, Dynojet is going to be posting actual dyno runs showing the improvements. None of the vendors doing flash upgrades are showing dyno results... it's all 'seat of the pants' testing.

The units should be out in a few weeks and will run around $385. Once you plug it in you can backup your original settings, download various other versions, etc... then you unplug the unit and put it away-- does not have to remain plugged in. Once you run the unit on your Spyder it is linked to it and will not work on any other Spyder.

Reminds me of the tuner I had for the Harley. Plugs into the service port.

Wonder when the release date will be?

Very Active Member

I would wait.....

Is this for ALL spiders?
    I have 15 RS.
    Thank you.

I would wait.....
    Dynojet --- the makers of items like the Power Commander, is coming out with a version of their Powervision CX for the Spyder. This is plug-n-play and allows YOU to flash your own ECM, back up the original, run various setups, clear codes, etc.
    Dan,

Ned.jpg

This sounds exactly like what folks have been looking for!
    Let us know when you get I, and have a chance to start tinkering...
    The autonomic functions continue; but there is no mind!

I just got off the phone with the US vendor and they DO have to split it open then reseal with 18 hour curing time.
    Hmmm, that's not what Steve has written to me in past emails. Maybe you have an older ver ECM?

The PowerCommander option does sound good too! That way if you take it to the dealer and something manages to get f**ked up, you can easily and quickly re-flash it yourself! You most likely won't get the option to have reduced throttle rotation required like from Steve but that type of action isn't for most folks as it does require VERY FINE throttle control/application abilities from the ryder....

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '10 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS A6 SC - The Beast

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    Hmmm, that's not what Steve has written to me in past emails. Maybe you have an older ver ECM?

The PowerCommander option does sound good too! That way if you take it to the dealer and something manages to get f**ked up, you can easily and quickly re-flash it yourself! You most likely won't get the option to have reduced throttle rotation required like from Steve but that type of action isn't for most folks as it does require VERY FINE throttle control/application abilities from the ryder....
    The reply from monster states ecm needs to be opened.
    But Iím all for power vision cx and so glad I posted this otherwise, I would have never known about it.
    Last edited by aka1004; 09-14-2018 at 03:05 PM.

The reply from monster states ecm needs to be opened.
    But Iím all for power vision cx and so glad I posted this otherwise, I would have never known about it.

I'll let you know when it's out. I've been in direct contact with them about it. Texted with them earlier this week and the guy told me a few weeks away from release.

These guys really know their stuff and have the Power Vision for Indians as well as Can-Am offroad equipment and maybe some other Polaris stuff too.

This is from the Indian/Victory page about it:

Performance Tune Features

• Fueling revised for maximum power and torque
    • Tunes available for popular aftermarket modifications
    • Spark timing optimized for 91-93 octane fuel
    • Rev limit raised
    • Speed limits raised
    • Torque limiting functions reduced or eliminated
    • Revised drive-by-wire throttle profiles, (Indian and Victory Octane models only)

Here's their website:

http://www.dynojet.com/PowerVision/

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!