Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default F3-T Spotify question

Hello,

I'm wondering if I can play Spotify and Google Maps via bluetooth while it's plugged in and charging

Thanks,
    Eddie

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eddiebrown View Post
    Hello,

I'm wondering if I can play Spotify and Google Maps via bluetooth while it's plugged in and charging

Thanks,
    Eddie
    I don't know what year your F3-T is but mine is a 2017. The 2017 does not have a dedicated BT connection, but I bought this :

Mpow Bluetooth Receiver, Portable... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008AGQMQC?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

It works great. You power it through the existing USB plug that's in the front compartment, so you may need an additional power source for your phone. You then plug the aux cable (that's also in the front compartment) into it and you can listen to whatever is coming out of your phone. Just connect the phone to this receiver via BT and they choose auxiliary on the Spyders audio setting
    SpyderSkeets
    Ashburn, VA
    2017 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

Default What year?

I have a 2016 F3L and have my iPhone plugged into the USB connector in the glove box and it plays anything from my phone - Google Maps directions, music from Pandora, etc. If you want to do the same with a non-iPhone device you would need to create a bluetooth connection which is easily accomplished by purchasing a cheap BT transmitter and putting it in the glove box or some other location.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Spotify and MyRouteApp Navi

Hi,

That's what I'm using.

If you look at post #3 in this link
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ndle-bar-mount

you will see how I'm using it.

I pass a USB cable from the inside of the glove box to my handlebar and i'm using an x-Grip Ram mount for my phone.

I'm listening to Spotify and I'm also using my iPhone for navigation.

That way, you can also Play/Pause your Spotify with the control on the handle by just changing the source from USB to something else will automatically Pause Spotify and when you go back to USB mode, it will Play again.

No need for bluetooth and the phone is always charging.
    X-Grip Ram Mount Phone Holder, Lamonster Fog and driving lights, BRP Heated grip, Home made rear rack + Shad SH58X top case, BRP belt tensioner
    2016 F3T , Red