Spyder Garage

Default Question about "u fit" system

Hi folks,
    Going shopping for a new F3 and had a question about the "u fit" system. The left side peg looks easy enough to move but, if I'm correct when the right side peg/pedal is moved the brake rod will have to be changed to a different length? Are these different lengths of rod included with the bike when I buy it new?
    Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer...
    Frank
    2018 F3S , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The different length brake linkages are all available at your Dealership, and they should set the bike up for you with whichever one you need...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Once you get your legs where you want them: don't forget about the handlebars!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info so far folks. Are the rods included in the price of the bike? I would think the dealer would get the necessary rods to set up the bike and not charge extra since it's a brand new purchase?
    2018 F3S , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by frj322 View Post
    Thanks for the info so far folks. Are the rods included in the price of the bike? I would think the dealer would get the necessary rods to set up the bike and not charge extra since it's a brand new purchase?

Some dealers do, some don't. Negotiate the right parts for your fit into your deal.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    Lamonster's rods also lower the brake pedal on the F-3 which was a big plus since I thought the brake pedal was way to high. Had to raise my whole foot in order to hit the brakes. Now with the Lamonster rod, all I have to do is raise my toe to hit the brake pedal. When seconds are sometime critical, a lower brake pedal is a no brainer.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

As others mentioned, your mileage may vary with your dealer and whether or not they will add the brake rod and installation into your deal. Mine didn't, but they gave me a discount on the part and labor to move mine all the way forward (I am 6'2" tall).

Spyder Garage

I wonder where the F3s in the class are set up? Do they all come set in the same place from the factory? We just took the Can-Am rider education class over the weekend and LOVED the way the F3 in the class rode. I can't see them altering the way the the bike came from the factory just for the course.
    2018 F3S , Black

Spyder Garage

I wonder where the F3s in the class are set up? Do they all come set in the same place from the factory? We just took the Can-Am rider education class over the weekend and LOVED the way the F3 in the class rode. I can't see them altering the way the the bike came from the factory just for the course.
    I recently took the same class in the Austin, TX area. The F3 models were set to position 3 (the middle position) for the pegs and brake pedal. Being a taller guy, and someone who had already moved my pegs and brake pedal all the way forward, I found it to be a bit cramped with the pegs in the position they were in.

Pretty sure the F3s are built with everything in position 3 at the factory. Every bike I saw at the dealer was in position 3 as well.

Spyder Garage

When CanAm was doing the test rides they changed out the position for you or pointed you to a bike already at the position you needed.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Unfortunately no such luck in our class, just get on it and go....
    2018 F3S , Black