Hybrid View

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Dennis. You're wanting to get - RT Vent Kit #219800388. Should be able to be found for less than 70 bucks. Your dealer could get them through the system and they are available at other outlets, Amazon, eBay, etc. They don't just bolt on, there's a little cutting involved with that top panel. The history is that the 2013 RT model Spyder was involved in a recall for heat issues. Those scoops were part of the fix and can be fitted to previous model year RT's.

If you want to paint them and do the install yourself, Doc Riverside can help you out with user friendly instructions.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...kit-on-2014-RT

Not to be confused with the other modified panels that were for a completely different Spyder model - the 2013 ST. In that case there was no recall, but the two side panels for the ST were redesigned to increase airflow, also with scoops. Those panels will NOT fit your RT. So when you speak to your dealer about it, details and terminology are really important.

Yeah, I miss the Cardinal. After a wash and wax, sometimes I would just sit there and look at it. But I don't miss $6.00 a gallon Av-Gas, hanger rent and annual inspections. It was a hard decision that turned into relief.
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 10-11-2018 at 06:02 PM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Default I give up

Well, it finally beat me into submission. I went down to pick up the Spyder for the third time from the shop this morning. While I was discussing all of the repairs so far with the service manager, the lot attendant went to retrieve my bike. About 5 minutes later he returns and informs us that he can't get the bike started. After some 20 - 30 minutes of testing it was determined that the brand new battery that was replaced on my first visit was dead due to an unknown current draw. Upon hearing this, my wife says she has lost all confidence in the bike and would not want to ride any distance on it. After lengthy negotiations with the sales department, they agreed to allow me within $1000 of what I paid for the bike in trade, and increased the BRP 2018 discount to $8000 on a new RT Limited. They also ate the $335 due for the repair bill. Also, because of this experience, I did something I have never done before. I purchased an extended bumper to bumper warranty.

Although I never expected to spend this much money, I do feel I was treated fairly, and now we can just ride with some peace of mind.

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you are out of your troubled spyder. It's a shame that some service departments don't seem to have the in depth knowledge to fix the bikes the first time around. Hope you have many trouble free miles going forward.

Joe
    2018 F3L , Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I commend the dealer for trying to make this right for 'customer satisfaction'. Sounds like the dealer was almost as frustrated as the 'owner'.

Spyder Garage

Good for you!!!!! Now you can ride and not wonder if you are going to get back. Happy trails
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I hope this truly ends up being a happy ending after so much frustration.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

That's the same dealership we bought my wife's bike and they are decent people to deal with. You for sure tried and in the end you realized it was enough, smart.

Congratulations on the new ride, hopefully soon we can meet and go for a ride.
    2012 RT A&C SE5
    2015 Victory Cross Country (Dyno tuned 118hp 116tq)
    2006 Triumph Rocket Dyno tuned 140hp 154tq)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Insyder View Post
    After lengthy negotiations with the sales department, they agreed to allow me within $1000 of what I paid for the bike in trade, and increased the BRP 2018 discount to $8000 on a new RT Limited. They also ate the $335 due for the repair bill. Also, because of this experience, I did something I have never done before. I purchased an extended bumper to bumper warranty.
    While it sounds like you made out alright on the the deal, I can't help but wonder what they are going to do with your old Spyder? Pass the headache along to someone else?
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited