Spyder Garage

Default 2013 rt-s temp gage

Never had a bike with an outside temperature gage so I'm not complaining, but this one is not correct, is there anyway to adjust it?

Spyder Garage

I don't think it's really an 'outside temperature gauge' as much as it is an 'intake plenum air temperature gauge', simply because the temperature sensor for that display is well tucked away underneath the tupperware & much closer to where the air that goes into the intake plenum gets taken from.... and besides, most modern EFI engines with computer sensors & control etc (including the Spyder engines) actually DO use the intake air temp in order to fine tune their injection & timing settings.

Still, some Spyder Owners have moved the sensor around under the tupperware a bit, but I'd be a bit wary of putting it anywhere that really would give you a reasonably accurate 'outside air' temp reading, simply because of the sometimes fairly significant difference that there can be between outside air temps & the intake air temps that the sensor provides from under the tupperware to the computers that make your engine work safely.... moving it too much & getting a significant variation to the neccesary intake temp might mean you could do potentially nasty things to the way your engine runs & performs, maybe even well beyond just making for crappy fuel economy!!

So maybe it's smarter just to think of that displayed temp as a guide to how hot things are under the tupperware & leave it at that?! You know that generally, whatever it displays is very likely going to be a bit higher than what the outside air temp actually is; and as you said Tayonka, you never had an outside air temp display on any other bike, so even if this one isn't quite what you thought or quite accurate if you do think of it as outside air temp, what are you really missing anyway?!

Ride More, Worry Less...... or as some others might say.... "Don't sweat the small stuff!"
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Thank you....well said.

Spyder Garage

Default Temp gauge

Thank you Peter. I have been wondering the same thing and you did a excellent job of clearing that matter up. Thanks