Spyder Garage

Question Waterproof Compartments

Can anyone tell me if the compartments on the 2018 (or 2019) F3 Limited are waterproof? I want to carry expensive camera equipment & or electronic equipment (eg laptop) in there but am not about to if there is any chance of water getting to it.

Many thanks,
    Lida

Spyder Garage

Default Added insurance

Quote Originally Posted by coffenut View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the compartments on the 2018 (or 2019) F3 Limited are waterproof? I want to carry expensive camera equipment & or electronic equipment (eg laptop) in there but am not about to if there is any chance of water getting to it.

Many thanks,
    Lida
    Just for piece of mind regardless, I would find a nice waterproof bag and put your gear in that and then place in an available compartment.
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Not the Frunk

Quote Originally Posted by coffenut View Post
    Many thanks,
    Lida

I have a RT-L, but I've found the front truck (frunk) to NOT be waterproof. The side "bags" have stayed water tight for me, as has the rear trunk. Found standing water in the the frunk after a rain storm.
    ~Sandee~

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brentc View Post
    Just for piece of mind regardless, I would find a nice waterproof bag and put your gear in that and then place in an available compartment.

I agree with the above I use a waterproof bags called a Dry sac these bags are used in outdoor activities like kayaking and rafting to prevent damage to water-sensitive gear
    They come in various sizes and even if you carry a bag on a rack its a good idea to put item in a dry sac and then pack it into your luggage
    Last edited by eddieshep999; 09-12-2018 at 06:40 AM.
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

Default Thank you

Thanks all for the idea about the dry bags. Have to figure out how to do that with the size of lenses/bags etc but I am sure it can be done. :-)

Spyder Garage

I've put cameras worth more than the Spyder new in the my RT-S, with no issues. In very heavy rain, a few drops may get in, but any camera bag should be plenty of protection.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

I would strongly recommend dry bags for expensive electronic equipment. They're readily available and worth the cost - REI, Aerostitch, and probably even Wal-Mart.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Default Chamois

I put a chamois in bottom of frunk and trunk, just to be safe. I also put electronics in plastic bag. But if water seeps in, the chamois soaks it up so I don’t get puddles in the bottom. I keep chamois on board anyway, in case we get a shower and I have to dry windshield or seat. Put one in each storage. Also, those silicone packs you get in packages, throw them in compartments if your not planning on driving for a few days, soaks up moisture/humidity.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne