Spyder Garage

Question Zumo 660LM - Maps??

I have a Zumo 660LM on my 2011 RTS. The LM indicates lifetime maps, and they have been updated several times over the years. I use Garmin Express, but have not seen any map updates for what seems to be a very long time. They used to update the maps about three times a year. I understand the 660 is a discontinued model and "lifetime" is not my lifetime, but the OEM's determination as to the useful "life" of a product.

Today I went to GARMIN.COM, and did a "chat" with someone and asked if the map updates were no longer supported. He said that the maps were still supported for the 660, and that Garmin Express would notify me if a newer map was available. He did not seem very knowledgeable and had no idea what map version should be on the device, or the next time new maps would be available.

The current map on my 660 shows as: Full Coverage of North America 2019.20. I do not know if that is the most recent, and could not find anything on Garmin's site about the map versions.

Anyone here have more info??

Thanks in advance

Bill
    2011 RT-S , Silver

Spyder Garage

2019.20 is the latest version.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks!!

Thanks for the update. I am glad to hear that I have the "latest-and-greatest," and will await the magic of Garmin Express to let me know when any other updates are available.
    2011 RT-S , Silver

Spyder Garage

Billybovine is generally one of the first to learn of updates and posts an alert.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

2019.20 is the latest map as Jaybros said. Map updates are not on a certain schedule.

Lifetime maps is for the life of the GPS. Garmin uses several guidelines for the life of the GPS. The most important to consider is not updating for more than 2 years. But Garmin seems to loosely enforce this. So it's a good idea to update at least once a year.

2018 F3 LIMITED