Here is, yet another post about my $%%^&* CB …. yes, still facing static on receive (like there is a loose ground "somewhere"). BRP senior tech rep for this area of the US has asked that I check three black wires on the connector going from the main harness to the radio. Not difficult to get to …. right side panels and the cover next to the right passenger handgrip have to come off. The radio connector is a bit tight to get undone, but I have been there before and my small (but long) fingers do nicely releasing the clip to pull the connector out. There are three black wires on this connector and I need to test them "to ground" …. I have done this once before, but it has been months ago, and I just don't remember if the key needs to be on or off. My plan it to do a continuity test to the frame as I know it has a solid connection to the negative on the battery via the "grounding harness". But, since this is the radio connector …. I suspect the key needs to be "on" for this switched circuit.

Can any of you "electrical types" (or CB experts) confirm the key position? Also, is a continuity test adequate? Is there a better setting on the volt meter to use? Perhaps an additional setting?

Thank you for your guidance …. all the best …. Ann