Spyder Garage

Default Tire Size Help Needed

Have decided to replace the tries on my F3L. I want to use Vredestein Quatrac 5 tires. For the front tire I see they have a 175/65/15 or 165/55/15. For the rear, 215/65/15, or 205/55/15. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

I am running the 175/55R15's on my F3s. Great tire that I purchased from tire rack.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    I am running the 175/55R15's on my F3s. Great tire that I purchased from tire rack.
    What size rear? Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Have decided to replace the tries on my F3L. I want to use Vredestein Quatrac 5 tires. For the front tire I see they have a 175/65/15 or 165/55/15. For the rear, 215/65/15, or 205/55/15. Tom
    I have been using a Yokohama S Drive 205/55R15 on the rear of my F3T for about 10,000 Kms. Almost no sign of wear, and the tire works Really well.

Neil
    2020 Harley Davidson Tri Glide Ultra
    2017 F3-T SE6 White / BRP Backrest / Nuvi 58 LM / Polaris Spring Spacers / CALSCI 22" Shield
    2016 RTE6 , Black

Spyder Garage

What size rear? Tom
    Same tire and size as Neil.

When I replace that I will go with the Vredestein's in the 205/50R15 size.

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Default I have all 3

I am running 175 up front and the 205 in the rear. I did a lot of research and it seemed that was the best combo. They all fit fine, no issues. They also run smooth. I have to tell you, the rear looks narrow and the tread pattern isn’t as good looking as the Yokohama’s... had to let you know. I
    believe I am still the only one on this forum running all 3 Vredestein Quatrac 5. The Sportrac 5 is actually rated better on wet surfaces.... harder to find though!

Spyder Garage

Thank you all for the help. Tom

Spyder Garage

Well, now what? No 205/55-15! They have a 205/65/15. What did you guys that have Vredestein on your bike use? Tom

Spyder Garage

Thank you all for the help. Tom
    Tom, I'm pretty sure I have the 205/60R15 on the rear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmal View Post
    Jeff, can you make sure? They have that size available. Tom

Spyder Garage

Default Compare sizes!

Tom and everyone...
    Very Important!
    Go to a site like tiresize.com and you can plug in the sizes and do a comparison.
    I did all of the research and that's how I came up with what sizes worked together...
    The height is important.

Spyder Garage

Tom and everyone...
    Very Important!
    Go to a site like tiresize.com and you can plug in the sizes and do a comparison.
    I did all of the research and that's how I came up with what sizes worked together...
    The height is important.
    I'm pretty sure that's what I have but I will double check when I get home later this afternoon...

Spyder Garage

I'm pretty sure that's what I have but I will double check when I get home later this afternoon...
    I did check... I have the 175/55 up front and 205/60 rear. The strange thing is, it may be a mistake! Double check before you order, the 205/50 may be a better match height wise.

Spyder Garage

I did check... I have the 175/55 up front and 205/60 rear. The strange thing is, it may be a mistake! Double check before you order, the 205/50 may be a better match height wise.
    Actually, I just recalculated and my size choice seems correct, height wise the oem Kenda rear is taller.

Spyder Garage

Actually, I just recalculated and my size choice seems correct, height wise the oem Kenda rear is taller.

The 205/60/15 will have the speed reading 2 mph higher than actual.
    The 205/50/15 will have it read 2 mph slower than actual.

Spyder Garage

The 205/60/15 will have the speed reading 2 mph higher than actual.
    The 205/50/15 will have it read 2 mph slower than actual.
    Since the Spyders run about 2 mph slower than the actual speed the 60 should correct that. At lease it did on our RT.

but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

I am running 175 up front and the 205 in the rear. I did a lot of research and it seemed that was the best combo. They all fit fine, no issues. They also run smooth. I have to tell you, the rear looks narrow and the tread pattern isn’t as good looking as the Yokohama’s... had to let you know. I
    believe I am still the only one on this forum running all 3 Vredestein Quatrac 5. The Sportrac 5 is actually rated better on wet surfaces.... harder to find though!
    The reason your 205 looks skinnier than the factory is because it is 20mm skinnier. Factory width tire is a 225.

Spyder Garage

Default I know that, but...

Quote Originally Posted by CJ.RamMan View Post
    The reason your 205 looks skinnier than the factory is because it is 20mm skinnier. Factory width tire is a 225.
    Vredestein 205 width claim to be 8.5” as opposed to 8.1” like the average 205 width.Remember every manufacturer uses a different method as there is no real concrete standard!!
    Yokohama 205 have a similar claim... bottom line these 205 widths should be just slightly narrower than the 225 width Kenda. I did a ton of research and the outcome is only as good as the info I am receiving!