Spyder Garage

Default why would chrysler/fiat redesign an existing vehicle...

if this is its last year of production.

https://moparinsiders.com/meet-the-2...ourney-lineup/

I'm sure some will say the Journey sucks, but can we stick to the question?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I dont even know why Chrysler exists at all. All of their vehicles have serious quality and dependability issues.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Maybe they are using many of the same parts, frame, etc.. from the Jeep Cherokee/Compass ???????

I like it though ......
    Last edited by Holly; 09-05-2018 at 10:08 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    if this is its last year of production.

https://moparinsiders.com/meet-the-2...ourney-lineup/

I'm sure some will say the Journey sucks, but can we stick to the question?

Nothing in that article says they redesigned the Journey. The article begins, "The Dodge Journey returns for one more model year. The most affordable crossover on the market is down to just three models for the 2019 model year." That doesn't say "redesign" to me. More to the point, my new issue of Car & Driver says the Journey gets "minor trim changes."
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimion View Post
    Nothing in that article says they redesigned the Journey. The article begins, "The Dodge Journey returns for one more model year. The most affordable crossover on the market is down to just three models for the 2019 model year." That doesn't say "redesign" to me. More to the point, my new issue of Car & Driver says the Journey gets "minor trim changes."
    Let me go back and read it. Maybe there was another article.
    Last edited by wyliec; 09-06-2018 at 06:31 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimion View Post
    Here's the article I saw regarding the redesign. I screwed up. The exterior redesign looks good to me, as shown here, not as bland as previous years. Maybe that is an artist's conception.

https://carsoid.com/2019-dodge-journ...date-redesign/

Now, that article doesn't say it's the last model year.
    Last edited by wyliec; 09-05-2018 at 12:35 PM.

Spyder Garage

Hi wyliec,

Re: can we stick to the question?

If they did redesign it in its last year of production that would be just another dumb mistake by FCA.

IMO they are on their last throes before they fade away forever.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    Hi wyliec,

Re: can we stick to the question?

If they did redesign it in its last year of production that would be just another dumb mistake by FCA.

IMO they are on their last throes before they fade away forever.

Jerry Baumchen
    And I agree with Jerry. I can't remember FCA coming up with a real winner since the "merger". And no, I am not including their current muscle cars because these won't sell in high enough numbers to make a financial difference.

Spyder Garage

Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram are not on their way out. Like the other "American" car companies they are focusing on SUV, trucks, and minivans. Ford is making the same move. GM employees that build the Malibu aren't even working full time because sales are down. Has nothing to do with so called poor Chrysler quality.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CJ.RamMan View Post
    Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram are not on their way out. Like the other "American" car companies they are focusing on SUV, trucks, and minivans. Ford is making the same move. GM employees that build the Malibu aren't even working full time because sales are down. Has nothing to do with so called poor Chrysler quality.
    CJRamMan,

Which one of the two articles I linked to do you think is correct?

My lease on my 2015 Jeep Renegade is up in a few months, and I'm trying to make a decision between a 2 door Wrangler (probably new 2018 JL, not JK) and a Journey. I'd like to stick to the Chrysler/FCA line due to my gf getting a Chrysler discount, as a retired employee, and I'll get the military discount also.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

CJRamMan, Which one of the two articles I linked to do you think is correct? My lease on my 2015 Jeep Renegade is up in a few months, and I'm trying to make a decision between a 2 door Wrangler (probably new 2018 JL, not JK) and a Journey. I'd like to stick to the Chrysler/FCA line due to my gf getting a Chrysler discount, as a retired employee, and I'll get the military discount also.
    They're very different vehicles. Which one better suits your needs?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Jeep and RAM will survive in one form or another. The name alone has a lot of value in the market.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    They're very different vehicles. Which one better suits your needs?
    I have different needs; so, each of the vehicles serves a different need.

Spyder Garage

CJRamMan,

Which one of the two articles I linked to do you think is correct?

My lease on my 2015 Jeep Renegade is up in a few months, and I'm trying to make a decision between a 2 door Wrangler (probably new 2018 JL, not JK) and a Journey. I'd like to stick to the Chrysler/FCA line due to my gf getting a Chrysler discount, as a retired employee, and I'll get the military discount also.
    I think the very first article that was linked is probably the more correct article. I could see them limiting the trim options. I will alsoo say that the article doesn't necessarily say the Journey will not continue after 2019. They say it returns for one more model year. That could mean it will be redesigned after 2019 or it could be the last year it is produced. I haven't kept up on the Journey. I do know the Journey definitely isn't their top selling model so a redesign at the least should be coming. If you are interested in the Journey I would definitely recommend the Pentastar v-6 engine as it has plenty of power, and is quieter and smoother than the four cylinder option (if the four is even still available).

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Because they are made by Fiat, and Fiat has never made a car worth owning not even the Spyder
    like a dumb ass I sold my MGB and got the Spyder back in the day and boy was that a mistake....

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    I dont even know why Chrysler exists at all. All of their vehicles have serious quality and dependability issues.