Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by remark2013 View Post
    Well guess what......................It's fixed.
    On a whim and with PMK's suggestion I tried a known good factory bulb for both the headlights and Fog lights.................Lights came on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I would have bet big $$$$$$$$$ that it wasn't the bulbs! Live and learn I guess. A huge thank you to Billy for taking the time and trying to help trouble shoot my issue. Also to the rest of the posters with ideas about what is wrong, thank you. Have a great weekend and ride safe you all.

Kent.
    I believe I was the one that told you to try the bulb (see post above) and the explanation why. Glad you sorted it out.
    2015 RTL , Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderCruiser View Post
    I believe I was the one that told you to try the bulb (see post above) and the explanation why. Glad you sorted it out.
    If it means that much to you, enjoy your glory. But, at least go back and read all the previous posts.

Spyder Garage

Default Curious????

I'm still curious about what would cause 4 LED lights to go out at the same time and now be OK with a incandescent bulb ( no matter who said to try it). Some kind of voltage spike with a dodgy voltage regulator perhaps????

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    I'm still curious about what would cause 4 LED lights to go out at the same time and now be OK with a incandescent bulb ( no matter who said to try it). Some kind of voltage spike with a dodgy voltage regulator perhaps????

Lew L
    There have been many revisions, for lack of a better way to describe it, regarding the TricLed headlights and foglights. My guess is he rides 100% of the time with all the lights lit. Going further, suspect he lost one LED and did not realize it, and then more until all were out. Very possible if you seldom ride dark roads or at night.

With them all failing in a similar time frame, I would suspect the same batch of LEDs.

No doubt I could be wrong and something electrical caused the failure, but that seems odd the Halogen bulbs are surviving.

It will be interesting to see how TricLed handles the warranty, if any. Seems they have tightened up a bit and are not warrantying earlier bulb failures, so hopefully these are a recent purchase. If not he needs to decide if he stays with Halogens, or tries a different brand LED.

Sorry about the snobby comment regarding who suggested testing with a new bulb. Honestly I could care less about the whole thing but after reading and rereading that guys post, still do not care about the who, rather more important it is fixed, but that guy can stew a bit on his comment and attitude. Too much BS here lately, and the shine is worn off.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    If it means that much to you, enjoy your glory. But, at least go back and read all the previous posts.
    Oh Sorry, I see you posted it before I did. Great minds think alike, just glad it worked out for him. Just trying to help like you do.
    2015 RTL , Red

Spyder Garage

PMK, I have replaced 1 headlight and 1 Fog light since I initially installed them back in ~2016. Did not have a problem with them until I noticed them all out. Here is how I discovered them out. Rode to work on Thursday morning, dark out, lights were working. Went on a weekend trip starting Friday morning and ending on Sunday afternoon, did not ride in the dark.Left for work on Monday morning and was riding along and went..............hua, I have no headlights or Fog lights. So to say all 4 went out at the exact same time is a little bit of a misnomer, could very well have been one at a time over the course of a weekend. I have not contacted TricLed yet, only because I am not sure I want to go back to LED's as I am thinking I have better and brighter lighting now. Could very well be me and my imagination. We shall see how long these incandescent bulbs last. Oh and I do ride every day unless there is ice or snow on the road.

Kent
    Ride Safe All
    2014 RT Limited (Charlotte) in Cognac, Kuryakyn Grips,Tri-Axis Handle Bars, Rivco Armrests, a "finless" BT Dongle, TricLed Fender, Saddlebag, 3rd & 4th brake Lights, Custom Dynamics "Magic Strobes Brake Flasher", BajaRon Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters, Lighted Bumpskid, Rivco Highway Pegs, Rivco Cup Holders and Baker Built Air Wings. 215/60R-15 General Altimax Rt rear tire. 155/60R15 Kumho Solus front tires.