Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $90 rebate

Spyder Garage

Default $90 rebate

If you purchased a 2018 Spyder and signed up for the apps BRP said it would give you $90 in a gift card.
    I signed up and got a confirmation the other day.
    When I went to check on it today it said that my confirmation number is not valid.
    What kind of crap is this

Spyder Garage

Yea, I got the card as well and did pay for the paid service of Genius Maps, but I have yet to submit for the rebate.
    2018 RT LTD , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I bought the bike Jan 30 and paid for the apps on the 29th. Today I tried to submit the info to get the card and when I clicked the drop down list for the months, January was at the bottom and once selected I got a red notice to choose a valid date. This happed for both bike purchase and app purchase dates and I couldn't continue to complete the submission. I called and got a case # where I then received an email requesting the documentation. I sent it and now wait for a response. Cross my fingers!
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

BRP user websites are not usually customer friendly. No surprise here.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ahh-cool View Post
    If you purchased a 2018 Spyder and signed up for the apps BRP said it would give you $90 in a gift card.
    When I went to check on it today it said that my confirmation number is not valid.
    Hello @ahh-cool,

We are sorry to hear about your challenges with your $90 gift card. Please send your VIN number, forum name and contact information to brp.care@brp.com and we will be happy to look into this further for you.

Warm Regards,
    Stephanie - BRPcare
    BRPcare
    Social Consumer Experience Team

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BRPcare View Post
    Hello @ahh-cool,

We are sorry to hear about your challenges with your $90 gift card. Please send your VIN number, forum name and contact information to brp.care@brp.com and we will be happy to look into this further for you.

Warm Regards,
    Stephanie - BRPcare
    I sent an E-mail to customer service the other day and so far no response
    my vin 2BXNBDD28JV000815
    Stefan

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I called after finding the web site problem. I got an email requesting receipts for the bike and apps. Sent it in and got another email informing me the $90 card is coming. Crossing my fingers.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    It appears that BRP has become proactive with the issue.
    I don't think so.
    I sent an email to customer service the other day and they e-mailed me back to tell me somebody will take care of this in 24 hours.
    Today I get an e-mail telling me that somebody will take care of this in 24 hours.
    I'm assuming that tomorrow I will get an e-mail telling me they will take care of this in 24 hours. ETC........

Spyder Garage

I don't think so.
    I sent an email to customer service the other day and they e-mailed me back to tell me somebody will take care of this in 24 hours.
    Today I get an e-mail telling me that somebody will take care of this in 24 hours.
    I'm assuming that tomorrow I will get an e-mail telling me they will take care of this in 24 hours. ETC........
    I posted what I said based on post #5 where they contacted you today. Did I miss something?

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    I posted what I said based on post #5 where they contacted you today. Did I miss something?
    Yes, they contacted me to tell me again that they would contact me.
    Today nobody has contacted me.
    I figure tomorrow I will get an e-mail from them telling me that they will contact me in 24 hours. That's great customer service

Spyder Garage

So I received an e-mail this morning that said they need my invoice for the Spyder. I sent it to them.
    I now get an e-mail that my request for the card has been denied.
    I called the number and it's for an Air Conditioner company rebate

Spyder Garage

So I received an e-mail this morning that said they need my invoice for the Spyder. I sent it to them.
    I now get an e-mail that my request for the card has been denied.
    I called the number and it's for an Air Conditioner company rebate
    from post #4: BRP user websites are not usually customer friendly. No surprise here.

If it was not one of our SL members, it would be funny. I have since retracted my post saying BRP has been helpful. Back to the original and keeping it there.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I had a similar problem; went on the BRP web site to enter the details for the rebate and after a few false starts (invalid date, invalid VIN, etc), ran into a brick wall when I clicked the ‘Next’ button and nothing happened. I tried two different web browsers with the same result, so it appears to be a problem with the BRP web site.

I called customer support to see if they could help, and the lady on the other end did verify the problem and said that she was going to escalate this to a senior customer service rep. I got an email from them this morning saying (and I quote): “In response to your request, we suggest you contact your local BRP dealership.”

Huh? How in the world is the dealership going to issue me a $90 cash card when they have no involvement in the process? I’m not sure what the next step is other than repeated calls to BRP, but as a first time Can-Am owner, I’m beginning to lose confidence in BRP support.

- Ken

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Wow in less that 24 hours BRP responded to your concern, just because you posted on this forum. One thing I can tell you is the fact that you cussed them out did not hurry their response. I am so amazed at how quickly people rush publicly slam a company like this. Give them a chance to make good and they do. Patience is a virtue!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

My posted replies are based on a number of bad interactions and mis-steps that sometimes happen after contact is made.

They did help me back in 2014 when I could not get the 2014 that I wanted.

The usual results seem to be hit or miss--depending on the person(s) involved.

During the 2014 interaction I had a question for the person I was dealing with. It still remains unanswered today.

Last edited by ARtraveler; 02-28-2018 at 04:01 PM.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Yes, they contacted me to tell me again that they would contact me.
    Today nobody has contacted me.
    I figure tomorrow I will get an e-mail from them telling me that they will contact me in 24 hours. That's great customer service
    Hello @ahh-cool,

We do apologize for any confusion. Please send us your contact information to brp.care@brp.com. We would like to investigate this further for you.

Warm Regards,
    Stephanie - BRPcare
    BRPcare
    Social Consumer Experience Team

Spyder Garage

I heard the rebate for Genius map apps is only good for 2018 RT Limited not the 2018 F3 Limited
    Wayne.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Retired74F View Post
    I heard the rebate for Genius map apps is only good for 2018 RT Limited not the 2018 F3 Limited
    If you have one, check the owners manual packet and see if there is a CashCard offer. If the F3Limited has the same dash as I think it does, then it should have the same offers.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Got it!

I just got the Cash Card. Took a few emails to get the right receipts submitted but it works. Hope they fix the web site so it’s easier. Make sure to keep bike, purchase of Maps and in car connectivity purchases.

5035B1AA-F18A-4ADA-AA3D-65609F79B669.jpg
    Last edited by Flamewinger; 03-15-2018 at 08:25 PM.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Just hate it when it takes an act of God for some companies to live up to their promises....
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

The rebate is good for any 2018 RT, F-3 T or F-3 Limited. Not valid on F-3 or F-3 S (because there is no BRP connect on these bikes)

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    The rebate is good for any 2018 RT, F-3 T or F-3 Limited. Not valid on F-3 or F-3 S (because there is no BRP connect on these bikes)

Cruzr Joe
    Do you actually know this for sure? If so what is your source?

P.S. I found the answer. It appears you are incorrect Joe. The rebate only applies to a 2018 Spyder RT Limited. https://brp-connect-navigation.com/T...onditions.aspx
    Last edited by billybovine; 05-19-2018 at 05:24 PM.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default Received my rebate successfully

I haven't tried spending it yet, but I did receive the $90 digital rebate for the various Genius Maps in-app purchases I made. (I bought a new 2018 Spyder RT Limited and had to try out the navigation!)

Happy riding,

Richard

Spyder Garage

I want to thank you all for the wonderful threads and advice, I would not have found info about the rebate with out your help.
    BRP keeps things like this hidden.
    I uploaded all my info, and it processed good, and received a email that I would receive a cash card in the mail.
    I also checked it on there web page and I was in the system.
    JD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Johndeeredoo View Post
    I want to thank you all for the wonderful threads and advice, I would not have found info about the rebate with out your help.
    BRP keeps things like this hidden.
    I uploaded all my info, and it processed good, and received a email that I would receive a cash card in the mail.
    I also checked it on there web page and I was in the system.
    JD
    The card explaining how to get the rebate is in your owners manual. Maybe you missed it when you were reading it cover to cover.

2018 F3 LIMITED