Spyder Garage

Default High speed vibration

New to the spyder. I finally got some interstate miles on the spyder. I did notice a vibration above 75.. I talked to a guy with a 2015 RT and he said I should get a belt tensioer. What are you thoughts?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default 75+ vibes

Quote Originally Posted by gregsi View Post
    New to the spyder. I finally got some interstate miles on the spyder. I did notice a vibration above 75.. I talked to a guy with a 2015 RT and he said I should get a belt tensioer. What are you thoughts?
    I had the same thing ....lowered the belt tension to 160lbs using the KriKit tension gauge , ... Since you say this is above 75mph, I think your front tire/wheel balance is fine. If it was off you would notice it before you got to 75mph. Most people with the same vibes have said it was the drive belt that they could feel...... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 09-01-2018 at 10:30 PM.

Spyder Garage

Doing all the other "necessary" upgrades: Antisway bar, upgraded shocks from stock, car tires, etc. really dialed in that vibration for me to about 4100 RPMS.

Was a LOT better, but then I put the belt tensioner on and it is pretty much non-existent.
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Belt tension is the key. It don't take much of an adjustment to make it go away. Just be sure to adjust both sides equally to maintain alignment
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Get one of Doc Humphrey's belt tensioners.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the input. I will have the dealer check the belt tension and then go from there. Did 250 miles across South Dakota yesterday and it goes from very smooth at 73-74 to a vibration or buzz at 75 or 3850 RPMs. Also had a strong cross wind to deal with and the spyder handled well. When I first got the RT cross winds were a little white knuckle but relaxing and a light grip helps a lot.