Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BEST Paint remover I've EVER used

I must start with this dis-claimer because s few of the members will FREAK-OUT AND START A PI**ING MATCH about it, if I didn't ..... The other day I had to make some changes to the frame/cradle that carries the rear end on my 917 project car ..... In the area's where I needed to add struts , I had to re-move all the paint in order to get strong welds.... but there was no way I could get in and grind or sand it off .....so I researched on-line and picked this product based on info and reviews ....It's a for petroleum paint removal from Metal only .... It's a " Klean-Strip "product Labeled as - AIRCRAFT _ Paint Remover ( of course it warns not to use on actual aircraft ) ...... Part # EAR322 , it is sold at many Auto parts stores ( I got mine at ADVANCE Auto ) ..... about $12.00 for 18oz. spray can ...... not cheap but well worth the cost, even if it was double that ...... I highly advise following ALL the instructions - especially the SAFETY ones .... This stuff is literally ACID in a can..... It won't actually dis-solve ( as in make disappear ) the paint ....you will have to wipe it off , but you end up with BARE metal............ good luck ..... I feel the need to repeat this - I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL PAINT EXPERT - THIS INFO IS MY ..... OPINION ONLY .... and I have no credentials ....NONE ...regarding this stuff...............I hope this pleases the ones who NEED pleasing ..............Mike

Spyder Garage

For over the counter paint stripper it works pretty good.

Real aircraft paint stripper, not available in stores, is actually a bunch more powerful, but safe on metals it is rated for.

Absolutely follow the safety warnings.

Spyder Garage

Default Yes

Used it for years. Works great!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb

Thanks for the info Mike.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

.I hope this pleases the ones who NEED pleasing
    ..............Mike

You had to add that didn't you Mike. You were doing fine till then. no wonder they say your snarky

Spyder Garage

If you can get it, Methyl ethyl ketone (MEK) probably misspelled but it will stip ALL paint etc from anything you put it on. When all else fails read the directions if it still fails follow the directions. Used it at Being to strip aluminum.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pitzerwm View Post
    If you can get it, Methyl ethyl ketone (MEK) probably misspelled but it will stip ALL paint etc from anything you put it on. When all else fails read the directions if it still fails follow the directions. Used it at Being to strip aluminum.
    My brother used MEK to strip paint from coast guard hovercraft, in a confined space. Boy that stuff required all sorts of PPE from gloves and suits to breathing apparatus.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow