Spyder Garage

Question Antenna knock out

This may be old but i could not find any information on the knock out removal to install an antenna on the left side of my spyder.Changed out the old one for the radio and replaced it with a short one.I would like to add one on the left side only for looks .Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank You.
    2012 RT , Pearl

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default KNOCK - OUT

Quote Originally Posted by Vinlander View Post
    This may be old but i could not find any information on the knock out removal to install an antenna on the left side of my spyder.Changed out the old one for the radio and replaced it with a short one.I would like to add one on the left side only for looks .Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank You.
    The one you are referring to is provided by BRP for a CB , but you can use it for whatever ..... I would be very very careful about removing it, it's in there pretty securely . Maybe liquid soap the edges first ...........Because you asked I just went out and Pried my out ....I have a 14 RT but I'm sure they are all the same ....there are two slots , the one on the right has the locking TAB .. the one on top is the hole ...I used a dull Box Cutter blade ( with soap ) and gently pried it up ....success it came out ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Cool Knock out

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    The one you are referring to is provided by BRP for a CB , but you can use it for whatever ..... I would be very very careful about removing it, it's in there pretty securely . Maybe liquid soap the edges first ...........Because you asked I just went out and Pried my out ....I have a 14 RT but I'm sure they are all the same ....there are two slots , the one on the right has the locking TAB .. the one on top is the hole ...I used a dull Box Cutter blade ( with soap ) and gently pried it up ....success it came out ..... good luck .... Mike
    Mine's a 12.The soap is a good idea.Will try tomorrow just hope i don't have nightmares about it.
    Thanks Mike
    2012 RT , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Spyderpops has a bracket to install an antenna on that side
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default KNOCK-OUT

Quote Originally Posted by Vinlander View Post
    Mine's a 12.The soap is a good idea.Will try tomorrow just hope i don't have nightmares about it.
    Thanks Mike
    I was pleasantly surprised it came out as easily as it did .... I think the soap eased the co-efficient of friction a bit ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

No need to pry the plastic plug out. You will be removing the left side bodywork to install your antenna base. Simply push it out from the backside. Less chance of scratched paint.

As for dual antennas, get a look in the parts book. Simply buy the oem right side setup. This will be the brass mount block, and a small bolt, think it is 6mm. You also need to match the rubber boot and get a matching antenna.

I did this to our RTS recently, and base my post off experience in accomplishing the task.

No photos on this IPad I can upload, but it has been posted on the FB group.

It is pretty easy with the challenge being getting into the speaker box to mount tne antenna base.

Have fun.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by samewok View Post
    Spyderpops has a bracket to install an antenna on that side

and it works GREAT

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    and it works GREAT

Cruzr Joe
    Gave his look a moment ago. Yes, should work well also. From the photo it looks identical to what is oem the difference being oem is brass for good electrical contact and Spyderpops appears to be aluminum.

Spyder Garage

FWIW, photos of our dual antenna setup. Sorry for the odd lighting, it was a sunset over the Everglades kind of ride.

Also, the photos show how I used the Can Am rubber booty on each side to close the gap around the antenna mast.

The photos were done not only for the antenna install, but also was showing the clarity and no distortion of the F4 windscreen.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Knock out

Thanks for all the information and have a great weekend.
    2012 RT , Pearl