Spyder Garage

Question Speakers suggestion for 2012 RSS

Hi everyone,

As some of you may know i am very new to the world of Can Am spyders, i just started getting comfortable to actually listen to music on my headphones while riding. So my question is, can i have some suggestions on audio speaker/bars to install on my 2012 RSS without spending the price for some JL audio speakers that cost a fortune?

Thank you for everyones suggestions in advance and have a great weekend!
    2012 Can Am spyder RSS
    Weekend rider

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default RSS - RADIO

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo5776 View Post
    Hi everyone,

As some of you may know i am very new to the world of Can Am spyders, i just started getting comfortable to actually listen to music on my headphones while riding. So my question is, can i have some suggestions on audio speaker/bars to install on my 2012 RSS without spending the price for some JL audio speakers that cost a fortune?

I and many folks here ( Lamont included )..... bought SHARK - two or four speaker stereo set-ups ....650 to 1000 watts and they all reported ( that I've read about ) good results....I had two - one on a GS and the other on My RSS ....loved them ....They will really only work with MP-3 or I-phones ....the FM reception is pretty much non-existent ( like the 2018 F-3's ) ....E=bay has a very good selection ..... make SURE you but one that has the WIRED REMOTE .... the infrared won't work because it can't see the head unit unless it's out in the open and aiming while riding a Mtc. is a death wish imho ...... Usually $65.00 and over but with free shipping ......... I changed the marginally speakers that came with mine for JBL GTO 328's ( a 2 ohm speaker ) that increased the performance by 3X's .....good luck .....Mike

Spyder Garage

Hi everyone,

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I and many folks here ( Lamont included )..... bought SHARK - two or four speaker stereo set-ups ....650 to 1000 watts and they all reported ( that I've read about ) good results....I had two - one on a GS and the other on My RSS ....loved them ....They will really only work with MP-3 or I-phones ....the FM reception is pretty much non-existent ( like the 2018 F-3's ) ....E=bay has a very good selection ..... make SURE you but one that has the WIRED REMOTE .... the infrared won't work because it can't see the head unit unless it's out in the open and aiming while riding a Mtc. is a death wish imho ...... Usually $65.00 and over but with free shipping ......... I changed the marginally speakers that came with mine for JBL GTO 328's ( a 2 ohm speaker ) that increased the performance by 3X's .....good luck .....Mike
    Thanks for the Great suggestion! I will check it out.
    2012 Can Am spyder RSS
    Weekend rider

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SHARK

Thanks for the Great suggestion! I will check it out.
    Because you are limited to 3 1/4 or 1/2 in speakers ....there will be NO BASE .... Speaker placement is critical .... the higher up you can get them the better you will hear them ..... good luck .... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 09-01-2018 at 09:39 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Because you are limited to 3 14 or 1/2 in speakers ....there will be NO BASE .... Speaker placement is critical .... the higher up you can get them the better you will hear them ..... good luck .... Mike
    That makes sense. Sounds like I will have some work to do. Lol
    2012 Can Am spyder RSS
    Weekend rider