Spyder Garage

Default Turn signal cancels

Everyone

I have noticed as of late that my turn signals cancel on some turns and not on others. Didnt think anything of it until just the other day a the left turn signal was still flashing when we went for another ride the next day.
    Will I have to take the cluster apart? Is there any way to loosen , or lubricate it ( as far as eletronics go probably not) Thought i saw another post but couldnt find it
    Thanks guys
    Dave

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fire34 View Post
    Everyone

I have noticed as of late that my turn signals cancel on some turns and not on others. Didnt think anything of it until just the other day a the left turn signal was still flashing when we went for another ride the next day.
    Will I have to take the cluster apart? Is there any way to loosen , or lubricate it ( as far as eletronics go probably not) Thought i saw another post but couldnt find it
    Thanks guys
    Dave
    My 15 RTL started doing that also. All it needed was to have the steering angle reset using BUDS. Works perfectly again.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Don't loosen or lubricate anything. The steering angle sensor and ECU control this. As stated above, you may need to have it reset with BUDS.

The signals work with the following parameters:
    1. The steering must turn at least 15 degrees and then straighten out to cancel automatically.
    2. They will cancel after 30 seconds, but you must be rolling. If stopped at a light the counter stops.
    3. Press the signal button in to manually cancel.

Does your unit cancel on one side and not the other?
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

Default Seems to

Seems like when turning right it does not seems like the switch gets stuck and wont return to cancel, Thanks
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpot View Post
    Don't loosen or lubricate anything. The steering angle sensor and ECU control this. As stated above, you may need to have it reset with BUDS.

The signals work with the following parameters:
    1. The steering must turn at least 15 degrees and then straighten out to cancel automatically.
    2. They will cancel after 30 seconds, but you must be rolling. If stopped at a light the counter stops.
    3. Press the signal button in to manually cancel.

Does your unit cancel on one side and not the other?

Spyder Garage

So is the turn signal switch sticking to the left? Does not return to the center. Easy to see by eye. If this is what you mean. Then spray some WD40 or silicone oil into the switch. Do not use anything heavy. Use the hose to get it past the rubber seal. You will likely never have trouble again.

2018 F3 LIMITED