Spyder Garage

Default suspension psi 90 degree adapter

Good evening, hope everyone was out riding today, it was pretty warm here in Chicagoland.

Has anyone tried putting a 90 degree adapter on the air suspension fill valve under the seat maybe with a shutoff? On my RT it is so sensitive that you loose a significant amount of PSI just checking the PSI or adding or releasing some. I can have it at 70 and when I remove it it goes down to at least 60 if not lower. Thanks, Mike
    Last edited by wmh9680; 08-27-2018 at 11:02 PM.
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default VALVE TYPE CHANGE

Quote Originally Posted by wmh9680 View Post
    Good evening, hope everyone was out riding today, it was pretty warm here in Chicagoland.

Has anyone tried putting a 90 degree adapter on the air suspension fill valve under the seat maybe with a shutoff? On my RT it is so sensitive that you loose a significant amount of PSI just checking the PSI or adding or releasing some. I can have it at 70 and when I remove it it goes down to at least 60 if not lower. Thanks, Mike
    IMHO the 90 degree valve isn't going to effect the sensitivity at all ....... The Air bag is very , very small so there isn't much air in it.... Even carefully checking it it's going to lose air .......... and I not sure you have room under the seat for a 90Degree valve .............jmho ....... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mike is right, the bag is so small that it takes a second to let most of the air out. I wish my F3T had the onboard compressor so I wouldn’t have to mess with it.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

My solution to that problem was to add a tee to the schrader valve and run a line to a gauge.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default GAUGE FOR REAR AIR BAG

Quote Originally Posted by Bensonoid View Post
    My solution to that problem was to add a tee to the schrader valve and run a line to a gauge.
    ...........That's a great idea ...... could you possibly post PICS of how this all looks at the connection and provide info on the gauge you used and the fittings ....... I'd love to put one on, because you wouldn't have to use a portable gauge where just finding out what pressure is - you will lose air. with the Gauge you can bleed off pressure that you don't want ...... Thanks ....Mike

Spyder Garage

For those of you who are adjusting your air by hand I hope you are usinga hand pump of some kind. It has been my experience that small suspension air bags filled from a from a large power compressor fill very rapidly and may burst before you can remove the air chuck. I have a small hand pump I got at the Harley shop that also has a gauge on it. They can also be found online from other makers.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    For those of you who are adjusting your air by hand I hope you are usinga hand pump of some kind. It has been my experience that small suspension air bags filled from a from a large power compressor fill very rapidly and may burst before you can remove the air chuck. I have a small hand pump I got at the Harley shop that also has a gauge on it. They can also be found online from other makers.
    I had the Harley one for my Virago since it had air adjustable front suspension but I gave it to the guy I sold it to. Would a bicycle pump work? Thanks, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Default Lamonsters air pump

I had bought a small rechargeable air pump from Lamonster that I use. Just checked his site and could not find it. Guess he does not carry it anymore.

The compressor on my '14 RT Ltd gave up the ghost last year and I bought another compressor (not from BRP) and the Rock Guard from Spyderpops. Removed the failed compressor, installed the Rock Guard and a new air bag. Got the new compressor installed but could not get an air tight fit on the hose to the air bag. Had a planned trip come up. So I removed the compressor and tied the hose from the under set Shreader valve directly to the air bag. Been running the rear suspension manually ever since using Lamonster's air pump. The electrical connector has also been left disconnected. The pump is great as I carry it on board and when I check pressures it will air it up to the 70 lb psi that I need as we are two up. Maybe I'll get things installed as designed as a winter project. Final part of that project will require a BUDS link to set ride levels correctly.
    2014 RT Ltd Silver Platinum Satin, Ultimate Seat, rider and passenger backrests, Vented Windshield, Adjustable Side Wind Deflectors, Chrome Tri Axis Handlebars with GPS Support, Trailer Hitch Kit, RT-622 Trailer Silver Platinum Satin, Stebil Air Horn, BajaRon's Sway Bar, Spyderpops Bumpskid bike and Trailer, R/T grills, SpyderSisters Front Trunk Pockets, SpyderSisters Sunshade, Spyderflaps Mud Flap, many TricLED lights
    2014 Limited , Silver Playinum Satin

Spyder Garage

Default Various hand pumps that don't loose your pressure when removed. Also built in gauge

Progressive Suspension GP3-100 '0-100 PSI' Mini Gauge Pump

• Comes complete with flexible hose and integral gauge
    • Gauge mounted on pump body for easy servicing on air forks and air shocks
    • Pressure can be lowered without detaching pump
    • 1 way check valve prevents pressure drop when pump is removed and it has 8 inch flexible connector

100 psi range is pretty good. Don't need 300.
    Ride safe!

2018 Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Default Happy with the air bag and a portable air tank...

Like Mike said the volume in the bag is pretty small, and by using my 5 gal. portable air tank, I can pressure the tank to 60 psi at the corner station/store, then use it at home and it will not overpressure the bag. Now that I have Docs Rock Guard installed, its as good as its gonna get.

I can check and fill several times over the riding season and it will only fill to about 55 psi which is great for me. I can also use the tank to equalize the air pressure in the front tires
    07 Shadows, Aero, Spirit gone but not forgotten
    03 Harley Sportster, 07 RK moved on
    11 RT- 76,000 mi, 15 RT-S- 44,000 mi, traded for current 15 base RT and 16 F3T
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pjweimer View Post
    I had bought a small rechargeable air pump from Lamonster that I use. Just checked his site and could not find it. Guess he does not carry it anymore.

The compressor on my '14 RT Ltd gave up the ghost last year and I bought another compressor (not from BRP) and the Rock Guard from Spyderpops. Removed the failed compressor, installed the Rock Guard and a new air bag. Got the new compressor installed but could not get an air tight fit on the hose to the air bag. Had a planned trip come up. So I removed the compressor and tied the hose from the under set Shreader valve directly to the air bag. Been running the rear suspension manually ever since using Lamonster's air pump. The electrical connector has also been left disconnected. The pump is great as I carry it on board and when I check pressures it will air it up to the 70 lb psi that I need as we are two up. Maybe I'll get things installed as designed as a winter project. Final part of that project will require a BUDS link to set ride levels correctly.
    +1, I've ended up doing the same thing, works great.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bensonoid View Post
    I agree with Mike, that's a great idea. Not overly complicated and very practical.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

Default ACS bag pressure

I just set my home compressor output to what I want for the ride (usually 70) and use it that way. I set it for 1 pound (or more) over, and don't worry about disconnect loss.
    Ray & Marci
    Tenino, WA
    2014RTL Cognac
    ALWAYS ride 2 up.