Spyder Garage

Default short reach bars for f3--what if i try them and dont like them ....

since the dealer no longer uses the sample ufit model how does one know if the short reach bars (17 F3t) will actually be enough of a fix to warrant switching out from the standard factory bars. Im sure somone's gone through this before. In this regard should i refrain from adding farkles onto my bars (cup holder, phone holder etc) until im positive that i wont be better off with the short reach bars. Help please. I am getting fatigued and i think the short reach bars but will be better but its kinda a crazy hunch to have to invest in and not know that it was a worthwhile modification/cost/time investment etc.

Spyder Garage

Default I got them

I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam and my shoulders would start burning on long rides from stretching to reach the bars. I tried the short reach bars and they worked great. PS I have the my foot pegs at the #4 position.

My Spyder History
    2013 ST Limited - 16,000 miles
    2015 F3s - 48,500 miles
    2016 F3t - TBD

Spyder Garage

Default thank you

me and you similar then--my insean 31--i might want to keep the pegs at the average (3) but so glad to hear of the "great" improvement in the reach/bars--could you guestimate how many inches closer they really get to you?

Quote Originally Posted by bboley View Post
    I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam and my shoulders would start burning on long rides from stretching to reach the bars. I tried the short reach bars and they worked great. PS I have the my foot pegs at the #4 position.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Petrom714 View Post
    me and you similar then--my insean 31--i might want to keep the pegs at the average (3) but so glad to hear of the "great" improvement in the reach/bars--could you guestimate how many inches closer they really get to you?
    They measure 2 1/2" longer, that doesn't sound like much but it worked for me. There is an aligning slot in the bar that goes over a pin in the mounting block assembly. With the slot there is a lot of up and down range so that you can find the perfect spot for you and tighten it up. Mine ended up a little higher than the middle of the travel range, that helped keep me from hunching over to reach the bars. The controls are slightly rotated from the stock position but it only took a couple of days before I was use to it. All in all it was a great choice for me.

My Spyder History
    2015 F3s - 48,500 miles
    2016 F3t - TBD

Spyder Garage

Default sounds great--glad it working for you--

i really appreciate your input

They measure 2 1/2" longer, that doesn't sound like much but it worked for me. There is an aligning slot in the bar that goes over a pin in the mounting block assembly. With the slot there is a lot of up and down range so that you can find the perfect spot for you and tighten it up. Mine ended up a little higher than the middle of the travel range, that helped keep me from hunching over to reach the bars. The controls are slightly rotated from the stock position but it only took a couple of days before I was use to it. All in all it was a great choice for me.

Spyder Garage

You’re welcome!

My Spyder History
    2015 F3s - 48,500 miles
    2016 F3t - TBD

Spyder Garage

Sounds like you and I could be twins!

I have mine set up the same.

Works great for me also.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

inseam is leg measure good for pegs. Measure from shoulder bone to wrist bone and report. Mine is 22" and my inseam is 36"
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    inseam is leg measure good for pegs. Measure from shoulder bone to wrist bone and report. Mine is 22" and my inseam is 36"
    23"

My Spyder History
    2015 F3s - 48,500 miles
    2016 F3t - TBD

Spyder Garage

Default 2018 F3L bars

I am new to my F3L. I put a few hundred miles on it and knew I was straining to reach the bars that came it. The new handle bars are the closest to the rider the ufit system makes. I love them! The strain is off my shoulders and I have found the throttle again!

I will try to add pics, excuse the condition... I purposefully went for a ride in the heavy rain . Bars not exactly lined up but gives an estimate...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Love my short reach bars! 5'4", footboards in position 3, route 129 windshield.

Best thing about the F3 range is the easy way we can make it 'just right'

Spyder Garage

Default Got you covered

Quote Originally Posted by Petrom714 View Post
    since the dealer no longer uses the sample ufit model how does one know if the short reach bars (17 F3t) will actually be enough of a fix to warrant switching out from the standard factory bars. Im sure somone's gone through this before. In this regard should i refrain from adding farkles onto my bars (cup holder, phone holder etc) until im positive that i wont be better off with the short reach bars. Help please. I am getting fatigued and i think the short reach bars but will be better but its kinda a crazy hunch to have to invest in and not know that it was a worthwhile modification/cost/time investment etc.
    get them, try them out. If still not enough, add ROX risers. If none of that works (probably will), I’ll buy the short reach bars from you. Why? We know lots of people who could use them. No worries. You have nothing to lose but pain! Ann loves hers. 687 miles today - no pain! My number is below. Try them. I believe you will be happy. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

I'm 6'2 and I love the short reach bars. It was the cheapest add on on the bike. I was having fatigue with the stock bars.

Spyder Garage

OP, did you resolve the reach problem?? I'm 5' 8" 29" inseam. I loosened the bar mounting bolts and rotated the bar down made all the difference I needed. you may want to try that if you haven't solved the issue already.

Joe
    Lamonster Bright Ryder,
    Lamonster Bright Tail Lighter,
    Lamonster H4 LED Headlights,
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights,
    Lamonster Fog Light Ring Combo,
    Rox Riser
    Lamonster Driver Back Rest,
    Lamonster Frame Mount Drink Holder.
    Lamonster 15" Freedom Shield Wind Shield
    ******* USA flag
    Freecom 2 head sets
    Mirror Wedgies by Squared Away
    Motorcycle Dave's Tachform phone cradle
    Spyderpops Turnsignal LEDs
    Spyder Sisters Shade
    Spyderpops LidLocs
    Spyderpops front fender LEDs by Show Chrome
    Motorcycle Dave's Gel seat insert
    2018 F3L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bucketman View Post
    I'm 6'2 and I love the short reach bars. It was the cheapest add on on the bike. I was having fatigue with the stock bars.
    Bucketman,

I am the same height as you and am considering replacing my bars as well. Are you saying that you brought the handlebars closer to you? Or pushed them further away?

Spyder Garage

Hello, looking at the bike from the side, can you identify a spot on the bike directly below the throttle where you can measure the approximate distance between the two points? I am 5’7” with 30’ inseam and have the same pain on the back and shoulders for reaching to the front with the stock bar. Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default thank you

looks really better

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    I am new to my F3L. I put a few hundred miles on it and knew I was straining to reach the bars that came it. The new handle bars are the closest to the rider the ufit system makes. I love them! The strain is off my shoulders and I have found the throttle again!

I will try to add pics, excuse the condition... I purposefully went for a ride in the heavy rain . Bars not exactly lined up but gives an estimate...

Spyder Garage

Default joe, i just saw this...

thank you for the idea, you are kind to make the offer as well--do you sell them?
    any idea what it costs to have the short reach bars installed?

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    get them, try them out. If still not enough, add ROX risers. If none of that works (probably will), I’ll buy the short reach bars from you. Why? We know lots of people who could use them. No worries. You have nothing to lose but pain! Ann loves hers. 687 miles today - no pain! My number is below. Try them. I believe you will be happy. Joe

Spyder Garage

Ditto.... I'm about the same and did the short reach bars, position 4 and Corbin seat with backrest...

Feels great now....

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

wonderful that you took time to post that picture--im going for my short reach install on thursday, very excited to try out better position--

Spyder Garage

hello and thank you for suggestion...im going to have the factory short reach installed this week--i will keep all advised on improvement hopefully