GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default MyRouteApp - help!

I have a garmin 590 for my Spyder. I have a MAC computer. I have read, reread, watched videos on how to work this site. I can create a route, downloaded the connector and when I click on the export feature the program reverts back to the Safari search engine. I connect the garmin to the USB and garmin express shows it's connected. I'm at a frustrated loss. Any ideas???
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by currin20fan View Post
    I have read, reread, watched videos on how to work this site.

downloaded the connector
    What "site" ?
    And what is "downloaded the connector" ??

I think you need to call Garmin tech support.
    That feature, Base Camp I think it's called, might not work with Apple......but they usually are very helpful.

Spyder Garage

I have a garmin 590 for my Spyder. I have a MAC computer. I have read, reread, watched videos on how to work this site. I can create a route, downloaded the connector and when I click on the export feature the program reverts back to the Safari search engine. I connect the garmin to the USB and garmin express shows it's connected. I'm at a frustrated loss. Any ideas???
    If you're on a laptop, it might be easier to just use the TYRE website. It's basically what runs the "app." It's what I use and I I find it much simpler than the "app". All you do is click on the "Garmin" tab in the upper left hand corner, and then follow the prompts. Give it a minute to connect to your device. You'll see the prompts as it connects. Then just click send to Garmin.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Works great on my Win7 and 10 systems, must be a setting on your MAC??? Like some sort of autoplay option or something.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

I tried that app and tried using some GPX files on my Basecamp for downloading on my Zumo 590. I did not like it any better than Basecamp Trip planner. I went back and just worked on learning Basecamp and now its just second nature.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Myroute app

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    I tried that app and tried using some GPX files on my Basecamp for downloading on my Zumo 590. I did not like it any better than Basecamp Trip planner. I went back and just worked on learning Basecamp and now its just second nature.
    I thought about that too. I just haven't dug into it yet. BUT, what I did discover was the trip planner app feature on the 590. I thought I would work with that and see how it does.

Spyder Garage

Default MyRouteApp tech support

Hi,

I also use MyRouteApp website and both iPhone apps. No problem so far.

But I'm not using any connector to transfer directly to my GPS as I use my iPhone.

Have you tried to contact MyRouteApp tech support ? I did a couple of times and they are very responsive and helpful.

I just don't remember if you need to be "Gold" user to be able to use the tech support service. If so and if you don't have it, you can send my more info about your problem and I can try to contact them for you.

If I can help you, just let me know.
    X-Grip Ram Mount Phone Holder, Lamonster Fog and driving lights, BRP Heated grip, Home made rear rack + Shad SH58X top case, BRP belt tensioner
    2016 F3T , Red

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I used Tyre for a long time as my route maker. For me it is much easier to learn and much more functional than Basecamp. I started using MyRouteapp early this year and like it even better. I have it on my iPhone and iPad. I also import the routes to my Zumo 595. I have had very little difficulty with it. I’m using Win 10 on he laptop, not a Mac.
    contacting Garmin will get you nowhere as MRA is 3rd party. Contacting MRA is a good idea. I might also suggest exploring the Zumo Forum at https://www.zumouserforums.co.uk to see if a Mac solution is present.
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Active Member hillbillywhisperer's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I also find myroute app far better than basecamp. No need to transfer gpx files to basecamp to then transfer to your garmin.

I used a mac with myroute a while ago with no issues but I use windows now as my mac committed suicide. I purchased a microsoft Surface and use windows 10 now.

Spyder Garage

Default Myroute

So far this is what I've done. I used the MyRouteApp to plan a trip & since I couldn't get it exported to my Garmin I dug deeper into the Garmin. I found the Trip Planner app and mapped out the same trip on the Garmin. Then I created another trip for my local area to see how it was going to do. Put the garmin on the Spyder and took off. Now unless I'm missing something, it worked just fine. When I return from my original trip I will dig deeper into the My RouteApp and see why I can't export it to the garmin.