Spyder Garage

Default Brake rotor and belt sprocket

Hello All, this is my first time replacing the rear tire. Does the brake rotor and rear sprocket have to come off the rim to have the mechanic replace the rear tire? Thanks in Advance MikeL.

Spyder Garage

The sprocket just pulls off anyway. If you don't remove it will fall off. Remove the rubber isolators so you don't lose any. I have never taken my brake rotor off. It's never been an issue. Most car tire shops cannot balance the rear wheel. Some motorcycle shops can. Last time I got a car tire shop to change the tire and I had them put beads in and they work well.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default DSprocket pulls off easy enough- I always unbolt the rotor just to avoid someone

I probably didn't need to remove the rotor, but 5 bolts its easy enough and the tire shop cant get it in a bind somehow and warp it.... just my habit,

for the 5 or six times Ive done it, but if Billy says not needed I may skip it next time.

Surely most tire jockeys will keep the rotor up and not let it get in a bind?
    07 Shadows, Aero, Spirit gone but not forgotten
    03 Harley Sportster, 07 RK moved on
    11 RT- 76,000 mi, 15 RT-S- 44,000 mi, traded for current 15 base RT and 16 F3T
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss