Spyder Garage

Default Please help and don't laugh

I have a F3T. My temp tags have expired and I cannot get the screws off to place permanent tag. At first glance the tag holder seems to be in place with a simple star allen wrench screw but when I tried to remove it just spins and spins. There appears to be a mud flap (?) but i cannot get my hand up under to hold the nut (?) while I try to unscrew the screw. I looked further and saw that the plastic cover (mud flap ?) appears to come off which would allow me to reach the nuts however upon trying to remove the second screw it appears to be stripped.

I am trying to avoid a 2 1/2 hour round trip to the dealer.

Totally frustrated.

Spyder Garage

Get a 10 mm socket and wrench with a short extension. When you reach up behind the fender, you will feel the screw and the nut. Put the socket on the nut and you should be able to back out the screw. I just did this yesterday on my machine.

Edit: Mine is an RT. The F3 has a longer fender, so maybe this will not work?
    Last edited by Boilermaker; 08-19-2018 at 07:28 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Don't have to take mud flap off

Quote Originally Posted by Brownsugadiva View Post
    I have a F3T. My temp tags have expired and I cannot get the screws off to place permanent tag. At first glance the tag holder seems to be in place with a simple star allen wrench screw but when I tried to remove it just spins and spins. There appears to be a mud flap (?) but i cannot get my hand up under to hold the nut (?) while I try to unscrew the screw. I looked further and saw that the plastic cover (mud flap ?) appears to come off which would allow me to reach the nuts however upon trying to remove the second screw it appears to be stripped.

I am trying to avoid a 2 1/2 hour round trip to the dealer.

Totally frustrated.
    You will either have to use pliers or something similar to grab the back on the screw. My friend changed it for me because I had the same issue.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Default those crazy bolts ...

)hello diva , if you still have not been able too remove those tag bolts , go too one of the local automotive stores ,--- auto zone , or chiefs or which ever seems like a good store with knowledgeable sells people , these folks usually will do things like this for free , and they have tools . ( but if they do a good job , buy a couple of things --- flash light always useful , or some sort of tool ... you might need these guys again down the road ! )

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by al0vely View Post
    You will either have to use pliers or something similar to grab the back on the screw. My friend changed it for me because I had the same issue.
    Thanks for the reply. Tried pliers, not enough room underneath to maneuver to get a grip of the nut. Dangers fell like I am talking dirty

Spyder Garage

Default Easy

On the back, you will see 2 plastic screws. Carefully remove them, then the rest of the fasteners. They pry out. Now, open a saddlebag. There are 3 screws. Remove them. Under the saddlebag is another pushpin. Remove that. Slide the saddlebag out a bit, you will see a wire connector. Unplug it. Remove saddlebag completely. Now you have plenty of room to work on that tag. If you get stuck, call me. Number below. Takes just a few minutes.
    Beats driving to the dealer! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brownsugadiva View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Tried pliers, not enough room underneath to maneuver to get a grip of the nut. Dangers fell like I am talking dirty

Hay for being a Diva that tried & even provided a good enough description of the problems when asking for helpthis one thing may be annoying but sure you will get it, in the meantime have you decided on a plate frame & or a flag holder ? That way you can get all installed at once just a thought

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Did you get it yet?
    I agree with Youngers: those Auto Parts Stores are usually full of people who like to help other people!

The Best of luck to you!

As for "talking dirty" to us: you made my day!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post

Hay for being a Diva that tried & even provided a good enough description of the problems when asking for helpthis one thing may be annoying but sure you will get it, in the meantime have you decided on a plate frame & or a flag holder ? That way you can get all installed at once just a thought
    I agree at least she had enough thought to try. That's more than some guys do. Just saying
    Last edited by Two cats; 08-21-2018 at 08:40 AM.