Spyder Garage

Default 2015 RT replacement Front Wheel

New to the forum, had my RT a little over a year now.

Anyone have a replacement stock black front wheel that you want to sell?

Found out out how much my wheel is bent when getting the new tires mounted. Seemed that the guy I bought the RT from had Ride On put in and I never noticed any vibration until the new tires were mounted. Not it real bad vibration, but enough to bother me at highway speeds.

Thanks for for any help!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default NEW WHEEL

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderTomRT View Post
    New to the forum, had my RT a little over a year now.

Anyone have a replacement stock black front wheel that you want to sell?

Found out out how much my wheel is bent when getting the new tires mounted. Seemed that the guy I bought the RT from had Ride On put in and I never noticed any vibration until the new tires were mounted. Not it real bad vibration, but enough to bother me at highway speeds.

Thanks for for any help!
    ....... How do you know your wheel is " BENT " ......Ride on will not cause this .....Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ride-on doesn't stay with the wheel. New tires mean new balancing so, ya, how can the wheel be bent?
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

The wheel was already bent. The Ride on was masking the problem at least partly. Now with a new tire its more obvious and he wants a new wheel. The Ride on did not bend the wheel.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default BENT WHEEL

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    The wheel was already bent. The Ride on was masking the problem at least partly. Now with a new tire its more obvious and he wants a new wheel. The Ride on did not bend the wheel.
    Can - CAST Wheels - BEND ...... I would think any impact strong enough to BEND a Cast wheel would crack it ..... imho CAST wheels don't BEND ................... but I'm willing to be educated on this ... Thanks .... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Regardless of what happened with the wheel... , and I hope that you find what you're looking for!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Cast wheel will bend.I have seen it often on cars.To much of an impact will crack them.
    2018 RT Anniversary , Brake pedal extended

Spyder Garage

Default CAST WHEEL

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Winger View Post
    Cast wheel will bend.I have seen it often on cars.To much of an impact will crack them.
    Live and learn ..... Thanks ....Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Can - CAST Wheels - BEND ...... I would think any impact strong enough to BEND a Cast wheel would crack it ..... imho CAST wheels don't BEND ................... but I'm willing to be educated on this ... Thanks .... Mike

Yes, they do. Just not far but have seen more than one or two bent CanAm wheels.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

....... How do you know your wheel is " BENT " ......Ride on will not cause this .....Mike
    I am sure that the Ride On was being used to correct the vibration caused from the wheel that has a slight warp in it, saw this myself when the new tire was mounted and it was being balanced at the tire shop. I know that Ride On will compensate enough to take care of it, ive used it before on motorcycles. Since I have discovered this, I am more interested in replacing the wheel completely.
    Thanks for the help!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Regardless of what happened with the wheel... , and I hope that you find what you're looking for!
    I am wanting to replace my 15 RTS stock front wheel. My wheel is the blacked out version. Hoping to find someone who may have changed theirs out and was interested in selling one.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default BENT WHEEL

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderTomRT View Post
    I am sure that the Ride On was being used to correct the vibration caused from the wheel that has a slight warp in it, saw this myself when the new tire was mounted and it was being balanced at the tire shop. I know that Ride On will compensate enough to take care of it, ive used it before on motorcycles. Since I have discovered this, I am more interested in replacing the wheel completely.
    Thanks for the help!
    If your certain the wheel IS bent ..... I'd find out WHY & HOW this occurred ..... A bent wheel was caused by a nasty hit, I'd be concerned about what else might have been damaged and if it was fixed ????? ...........Mike

Spyder Garage

If your certain the wheel IS bent ..... I'd find out WHY & HOW this occurred ..... A bent wheel was caused by a nasty hit, I'd be concerned about what else might have been damaged and if it was fixed ????? ...........Mike
    There is no other damage that I can find, put about 5000 mi. on her since buying, I’m the 2nd owner.
    The wheel isn’t noticeable when riding, but when it was placed on the balancer, you could see it. Very slight, but still there. I am not concerned with anything but replacing the wheel.
    The original owner was a handicapped vet of the Vietnam War, walked with a cane, God bless him. Best guess is that he hit a curb with it, but the original tires were still on it and did not see any noticeable damage to the sidewall. Not a real big deal, everything checks out fine, alignment is good and no abnormal wear on the old tire. Vibration is felt at highway speeds only, not terrible and not much noticeable except when holding the bars, you can only feel it.
    I could just put more Ride On in and it will probably take care of it, but I feel better replacing it.
    Thanks for the comments!
    Tom in Mississippi

Spyder Garage

I have one that was taken off my 2015 RT-S. It has a very small scuff that the tow truck driver put on it. I had to Rt for 11 days and got the DSS error so it had to be towed to the dealership. They wanted to repaint it, but since it was so new i said no.
    2015 RTS , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by grandbug View Post
    I have one that was taken off my 2015 RT-S. It has a very small scuff that the tow truck driver put on it. I had to Rt for 11 days and got the DSS error so it had to be towed to the dealership. They wanted to repaint it, but since it was so new i said no.
    Thanks, I’m interested
    PM sent.
    Tom in Mississippi

Spyder Garage

Default Bonneville style wheels

Well, I finally pulled the trigger and went with a completely different look after trying to locate another wheel to replace a bad one that I find out about when I got new tires. Not sure what these are called other than Bonneville style, so far so good. Really like the simplistic look, should be easy to clean. Ride is perfect, completely eliminated that vibration I was getting at 55.
    Has anyone tried getting a wheel “trued”? I think I may hold onto the originals if I can get fixed or may sell the one that is good, bit undecided at the moment.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tom in Mississippi

Spyder Garage

The wheels look good. I am glad that you found some wheels for it. I wish that my wheel had been a match and saved you some money.
    2015 RTS , Black

Spyder Garage

GREAT looking wheels
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by grandbug View Post
    The wheels look good. I am glad that you found some wheels for it. I wish that my wheel had been a match and saved you some money.
    I wish it had, too. Appreciate the offer. Going to try and have the bad one fixed if possible and hold onto the original set, but I maybe able to help someone out just as you reached out, never know.

Thanks, again,
    Tom
    Tom in Mississippi