Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Seat

Quote Originally Posted by kevin_from_ny View Post
    Does Anyone have a ultimate seat.Im thinking about getting one for a rt limited and wanted to get some opinions on how good they are.
    Love mine. I've had three different seats. This one with backrest is the best and most comfortable seat that i have had.
    2014 Spyder RTS

Tri Axis Handlebars
    Big Bike Trailer Harness
    Rivco Front Bumper (Black)
    Rivco Highway Pegs
    Ultimate Seat
    Garmin GPS
    Trailer Hitch
    Aluma XL Trailer
    Stainless Grill Covers
    Cupholder
    Spring Stiffeners
    Rivco Floorboards

Spyder Garage

I still have the stock seat on my 2014 RT-S with a sheepskin pad. I can ride all day with only minor discomfort. But then, I think the feeling in my butt has been thoroughly neutralized by my previous 32 years on stock BMW seats.

I have been looking at an Ultimate seat, mainly because they look sexy, and I'd like to try a backrest. But I`m a bit concerned about the need to use a rain cover. Is it really necessary, or can it handle a small rainburst?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Baxter View Post
    But I`m a bit concerned about the need to use a rain cover. Is it really necessary, or can it handle a small rainburst?
    It is more of a problem of water penetrating the stitching and getting absorbed by the foam. I had the cover off of my stock seat last week to install a gel/memory foam pad and found the foam was soaking wet underneath the cover. I had been caught in the rain about a week prior, and it still hadn't dried out. I personally think a rain cover is a wonderful idea!

Spyder Garage

Default Seat.

Quote Originally Posted by cdakers View Post
    It is more of a problem of water penetrating the stitching and getting absorbed by the foam. I had the cover off of my stock seat last week to install a gel/memory foam pad and found the foam was soaking wet underneath the cover. I had been caught in the rain about a week prior, and it still hadn't dried out. I personally think a rain cover is a wonderful idea!
    The Ultimate seat I bought came with a seat cover. I put it on if I'm caught in the rain.
    2014 Spyder RTS

Tri Axis Handlebars
    Big Bike Trailer Harness
    Rivco Front Bumper (Black)
    Rivco Highway Pegs
    Ultimate Seat
    Garmin GPS
    Trailer Hitch
    Aluma XL Trailer
    Stainless Grill Covers
    Cupholder
    Spring Stiffeners
    Rivco Floorboards

Spyder Garage

The rain cover is actually a great idea. I put mine on when I park in the sun so the seat isn't scalding hot when I'm ready to go again. Otherwise the bike is always covered.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sandeejs View Post
    I have no problem with my stock RT seat.
    I wonder if its a gender thing. With my previous bike, (750 Shadow) almost all the guys on the forum complained, got seat mods or new seats. The ladies not so much.
    ~Sandee~
    My wife runs counter to that conclusion. She found the stock seat on her '12 RT was not only uncomfortable, but cramped. She is tall (6 foot), plus has a bit of a bubble-butt behind her, so she went with an Ultimate "tall boy" seat, with the step in the seat moved back over stock. (She never rides a passenger, so the smaller pillion area was not a concern.) We've done multiple 700+ mile days together since, and she has yet to complain about her butt getting uncomfortable. I realize that not everybody's butt is the same, but when an Ultimate seat works for you, the difference can be remarkable.

I, on the other hand, have been very happy the stock seat on my '13 RS-S. Go figure.

2013 RS-S SM5 [His] • 2021 RT Base [Hers] • 1977 Bultaco custom roadster • 1974 Harley-Davidson/Aermacchi 350 SS