Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default How good and comfortable are Ultimate Seats ?

Does Anyone have a ultimate seat.Im thinking about getting one for a rt limited and wanted to get some opinions on how good they are.

Spyder Garage

I've watched these posts before, and what comes thru is everybody's butt is different. Too bad someone near doesn't have one of those seats to sit on. Good luck.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You shouldn't listen to the asses in here: just listen to the ass that's underneath you!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I have an Ultimate on my 2015 RTL and I'm very happy with it. They are easy to deal with and have quality merchandise. I had my first Ultimate on a honda VTX1800. I had a Mustang on a Honda VTX1300 and preferred the Ultimate.

If you happen to be going t Biketoberfest in Daytona, it's a short ride to their offices in Destination Daytona where you could try one out and see how you like it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They are really great folks...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Active Member hillbillywhisperer's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have one on my 2017 F3 LTD and night and day difference in my opinion. Can ride for hours without wishing I needed a new butt. In fact, I have not reached that point where I needed to stop to give my butt a break.

IMG_6262.jpg

Spyder Garage

I have the Ultimate seat and really like it.Would be nice if you could borrow a bike and ride it with the Ultimate seat because just sitting on one will not help.My stock seat felt great for the first hour but after that it sucked big time.Good luck.
    Bill
    2018 RT Anniversary , Brake pedal extended

Spyder Garage

Ulitmate has a 14 day trial period from date of receipt of seat. Check the details on their web site. Rather than the 100 miles they recommend for minimum ride I'd say ride nonstop for a full tank and see how your butt feals. YMMV, I don't own one.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

As said earlier...seats are personal. Finding the right one can be a problem.

Ultimate has a great following. The 14 day return policy should help to cinch the deal.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Unfortunately, no TWO butts are the same.
    No matter how many stand behind it, your BUTT is the ultimate arbitrator, and the same goes for ALL seats.

AJ

Quote Originally Posted by kevin_from_ny View Post
    Does Anyone have a ultimate seat.Im thinking about getting one for a rt limited and wanted to get some opinions on how good they are.

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

AS somebody mentioned earlier they offer a trial period. I bought a Russell since I could visit the shop and have it made there, but they have no return policy, just an adjustment policy. Though the adjustment is free with postage that could get expensive (though they got it right immediately with me).

Spyder Garage

I've had an Ultimate Seat on my RTL for probably 2 years now. I like it fine, and it's clearly superior to the BRP factory seat, as is the Ultimate Backrest. I've had Russell seats on other bikes and they are the best I've ever had. I wanted a Russell for my RT but I didn't want to have to wait so long. The Ultimate is fine and the Russell might have been better.

Rob

2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

I must be the strange one here. I think my stock RT seat is the most comfortable I ever had.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

I had 3 Russell seats and they are very good . I currently have an Ultimate seat and like it better than the Russell. I did a 430 mile day followed by a 450 mile day followed by an 830 mile day. I can go tank to tank on the Ultimate. Like it has been stated here already only you and your butt can make that decision.

Good luck.
    Dave....

2016 Red/Black F3T w/ Audio
    Bajha Ron Swaybar, BRP driving lights
    F4 Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy Seat
    BRP Passenger Backrest
    Custom Dynamics fender lights
    Tricled Rear Bag lights w/ Flashing Brake Modulator
    Wolo Horn, Lamonster's Bungee Buttons
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Spyder Garage

As others have said it's a matter of your butts opinion but I have the Ultimate Tall Boy on both of my Spyders and love them. Where are you in Nothern NY? Spyderquest, in Lake George, will be in a couple of weeks. This would be a good place to talk with others that have an Ultimate seat and they would be more than happy to let you test sit on it.
    Wayne Bishop

2015 RT-S Special Series
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wrb3004 View Post
    As others have said it's a matter of your butts opinion but I have the Ultimate Tall Boy on both of my Spyders and love them. Where are you in Nothern NY? Spyderquest, in Lake George, will be in a couple of weeks. This would be a good place to talk with others that have an Ultimate seat and they would be more than happy to let you test sit on it.
    I plan on going down.Been to americade but never spyderquest..Im sure ill find someone with a ultimate seat down there..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpot View Post
    I must be the strange one here. I think my stock RT seat is the most comfortable I ever had.
    The upside: you don't have to fork out $500 - $1500. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

I have replaced five out of five on my Spyders. So far, I am still happy with the Vulcan seat a year and 5000 miles later.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default A little advice for passenger comfort?

Hope it is OK if I ask a related question or two? I don't have a post a new thread button so I can't ask this on my own.

We may purchase a Spyder and upgrade from our 1986 Gold Wing. Yesterday we tested a 2012 st. We really want an RT but this was close and available. The passenger seat was waaaay to narrow for me and though, springy, after just a few minutes, I felt like my legs were bent too much for good circulation. Feels like the seat is too low. I also didn't like the fairly short distance between rider and passenger. Every time my poor husband shifted, I had to adjust as well.

We are scheduled to visit a dealer next week and test an RT. Maybe they will have a RT I can try with an upgraded seat. Maybe the RT body is different from the ST?

In the meantime, can anyone comment on this? Can you recommend some replacement seats that focus on passenger comfort? I am not a small person, so sadly maybe a Spyder is not meant for me? Do most couples each have their own Spyders so it isn't an issue?

Thank you for any advice.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi. The RT and ST are very different - especially for pillion. I don't do pillion (we each have our own) so others will chip in, but I suggest you definitely try the RT, and the f3 ltd as well. If you are "mainly" comfy, you can worry about a seat upgrade later.
    ps the ST didn't come out until 2013...

Spyder Garage

Default ULTIMATE IS GREAT

The seat is very comfortable compared to stock seat. Ride all day with no problem.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Not so strange

I have no problem with my stock RT seat.
    I wonder if its a gender thing. With my previous bike, (750 Shadow) almost all the guys on the forum complained, got seat mods or new seats. The ladies not so much.
    ~Sandee~

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpot View Post

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779

Spyder Garage

Two up riding for us large people can be a bit of a problem on any M/C. The pillion seat is notorious for being "second class" seating.

The RT will be the "best" configuration for two up (large)--but it is not perfect. I solved our issue by getting Linda her own. We are much happier that way.

The OEM seats (IMO) turn to mush after 50 miles or so. Two heavy (over 200 each) do not add to the mix well.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I had the Ultimate on my Honda VTX 1300 R, and really liked it, but after 2 1/2 hours of riding, my butt was damned sore. I’d stop for 10 minutes or so, walk around and then hop back on and ride maybe another hour to 1 1/2 hours and again stop. I’m finding the same thing on my RT-S stock seat. Good luck with your search.
    Bruce

2014 RTS-SE6
    Tri-Axis Handlebars
    Sena BT Dongle
    Sirius Radio
    Dash bar
    Show Chrome Trunk Rack

"You know that a politician is lying if his lips are moving"

Spyder Garage

I tried a Corbin seat for a couple days at Sturgis and liked it...."butt" the support for the back rest in my humble opinion is poor. It is maybe 5/16" square steel stock and wobbles unless you tighten the Allen set screw. I then tried the Ultimate, though only at their "tent". I liked it also and they a designing a new seat for the 2018 F3 limited which I hope sit on at Maggie Valley in October. Like others have said here only your arse knows for sure.
    Just my 2 cents worth.....

John

Spyder Garage

We have a lutimate seat on our 2011 RT. We just love it. Plus my wife has to have her sheep skin seat cover also. She says her butt gets hot when it 90 to 100 degrees out side. And she's behind me all the time not getting no air. I just think she wants her own RS to ride.
    Last edited by Two cats; 08-21-2018 at 07:45 PM.