Thread: IT'S TRUE

Spyder Garage

Default IT'S TRUE

What some have said about imotorsports and their excessive amount of time in providing paperwork for Spyders purchased from them by out of state buyers. I signed the contract for my 2017 RT-S on July 24th. The Spyder was delivered August 3rd, and my 2013 RT-L trade in was picked up at the same time. Well, today is August 16th, and I STILL do not have my registration. They tell me, "Just put your plate -which I kept- on it and you'll be fine," and "You don't have to go to the DMV, we take care of all that for you." The reality is, my Spyder is NOT registered, and who knows when it will be? Turns out they use a third party vendor to handle out of state registrations for them, when I was led to believe that they were taking care of it in-house. Of course I am riding it, carrying my old registration from my 2013. I don't ride crazy or do anything that would get me stopped, but if I were to get stopped, I would have to cross my fingers and hope that my old registration would pass muster. As long as they don't look at the VIN. I don't think that an Officer would know the difference between a 2013 and a 2017 by sight alone. I should have opted to go to the DMV myself and saved myself a lot of aggravation. Now as far as the purchase process and timely delivery, all went very well. Pretty seamless. They overnighted the contract & some other papers to me, and included an overnight return envelope for me to send the paperwork back. So I am happy with that part of the whole process, just not too happy with the snail's pace of getting the registration.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

I'd be going back and getting another 30-day drive out tag.
    A ticket for switch tags is not cheap. But he will give you a free court date. Your bike could be impounded.

Spyder Garage

They should have given you a drive out tag. The same thing happened when I bought my 2017 F3L from them. When I called and asked about the registration and stated I wasn't riding my new bike, they said you have a drive out tag and I said no, I never got one. They emailed my a drive out tag until the registration was sent to my local DMV. That was the only hiccup with the whole process.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default REGISTRATION ISSUES

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    What some have said about imotorsports and their excessive amount of time in providing paperwork for Spyders purchased from them by out of state buyers. I signed the contract for my 2017 RT-S on July 24th. The Spyder was delivered August 3rd, and my 2013 RT-L trade in was picked up at the same time. Well, today is August 16th, and I STILL do not have my registration. They tell me, "Just put your plate -which I kept- on it and you'll be fine," and "You don't have to go to the DMV, we take care of all that for you." The reality is, my Spyder is NOT registered, and who knows when it will be? Turns out they use a third party vendor to handle out of state registrations for them, when I was led to believe that they were taking care of it in-house. Of course I am riding it, carrying my old registration from my 2013. I don't ride crazy or do anything that would get me stopped, but if I were to get stopped, I would have to cross my fingers and hope that my old registration would pass muster. As long as they don't look at the VIN. I don't think that an Officer would know the difference between a 2013 and a 2017 by sight alone. I should have opted to go to the DMV myself and saved myself a lot of aggravation. Now as far as the purchase process and timely delivery, all went very well. Pretty seamless. They overnighted the contract & some other papers to me, and included an overnight return envelope for me to send the paperwork back. So I am happy with that part of the whole process, just not too happy with the snail's pace of getting the registration.
    Maybe Bob D. will chime in on this ..... traffic tickets are the least of your worries IMHO ..... I don't think ( and I'm pretty sure of this ) NO INSURANCE will write you a policy unless the vehicle is Registered ....In Vermont that ticket alone is about $350.00 plus impoundment ....... If it were me I'd tell them I'll handle my own registration - Thank you....I bought my 2014 RT in Ill. and registered it when I got home.... I was able to insure it using the Temp.Ill. travel plate /reg. ......jmho ..... Mike

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

They were supposed to have mounted a 30 day tag on mine when it was delivered, but they forgot. As soon as I called them, they emailed a 30 day tag to me (remember, it was delivered to me while on vacation). As far as insurance, I called my insurance company from the delivery parking lot, gave them the vin number, and I was insured from that moment. No problems at all.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They've put you in a really... ticklish situation!

But i can guarantee that nobody will be laughing; if the LEOs decided to check on your paperwork!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default registration

You should have a copy of your DMV registration paperwork from the dealer. That has you covered and should show your plate being transfered.
    2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Maybe Bob D. will chime in on this ..... traffic tickets are the least of your worries IMHO ..... I don't think ( and I'm pretty sure of this ) NO INSURANCE will write you a policy unless the vehicle is Registered ....In Vermont that ticket alone is about $350.00 plus impoundment ....... If it were me I'd tell them I'll handle my own registration - Thank you....I bought my 2014 RT in Ill. and registered it when I got home.... I was able to insure it using the Temp.Ill. travel plate /reg. ......jmho ..... Mike
    I totally agree, not having insurance is a much bigger issue. A ticket may cost a few hundred, but an accident without insurance will cost thousands (plus all the tickets thrown in by police).

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here in New York: you have drive other vehicle coverage for 30 days...

just 30 days...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My friend bought a spyder from them. Took 4 months to get her paperwork. It was crazy! She was not happy about it. They kept saying they were working on it and would send her plates and registration. I would never buy from them even though they have some great prices. NO WAY!
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sometimes those "great" prices, are hiding some "less than great" client servicing...

Spyder Garage

They are in my neck of the woods and I went in person to get a price on a new rt... "great price" please they were almost $4000.00 more than the other dealer in my area..didn't like them as soon as I walked thru door! Pushy used car salesmen!!

Spyder Garage

We did business with them but financed through our local credit union. They sent the CU the MSO and we went to the court house and did the registration and taxes ourselves. Was all done in a few days. Seems their outside vendor has issues. Suggest doing your registration yourself if out of state.

Our transaction was seemless and would not hesitated to do business with them again. Even the trade in was handled great.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default ONE EMAIL

Last night to Perry, the finance guy I dealt with, and he Emailed me a 30 day tag today. My insurance, which started 8/2 should be good now, too, now that I have that. I am less than impressed with the third party vendor that they use for DMV stuff. In hindsight, I would have done it myself locally, but too late now. Speaking of the DMV, I'm going there tomorrow morning to turn in the plate from my venerable RT-622 trailer, and the associated paperwork, ad nauseum.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

For me... All was good with iMotorsports! But.... I did my own registration