Spyder Garage

Default Extended Warranty

It’s time for me to start looking for an extended warrant on my 2016 F3T that I purchased in March of 2017. Any suggestions?

Spyder Garage

BRP BEST. Can be purchased from any authorized Spyder dealer. Most popular on the site are Berts Mega Mall and IMoto Sports. Give them a call, get a quote. Also give your dealer a chance at it.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

had BEST for my '12 and have it for my '16 purchased from Berts Mega Mall both times. Dale

Spyder Garage

Default Extended Warranty

Shop around first because the prices are all over the place. Give your local dealer a chance after you have several quotes. I've seen prices under $700 for 3-year. Good Luck!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tajohn View Post
    Shop around first because the prices are all over the place. Give your local dealer a chance after you have several quotes. I've seen prices under $700 for 3-year. Good Luck!
    thats what i did. he matched it[plus sales tax].
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Spyder Garage

The BEST warranty may be the "best out there for our bikes. However, be aware that under the BEST warranty, BRP may deny the repair depending on what it is and, according to my dealer, who answers the phone at BRP to authorize the BEST repair on that particular day. In my case, my hazing headlights on my RT were denied because the failure was "cosmetic." I wonder if the NTHSA would have the same opinion on the reduced light output of those headlights due to the hazing. Thankfully, BRP did authorize the replacement of the multi-function switch on the left side of my handlebars since I could upshift the transmission with the turn signal switch. $31,000 bike with headlight hazing ?????????????

You definitely need some type of extended warranty for these bikes. I have had repairs under the factory two year warranty and one repair under the extended warranty so far.

If Honda ever builds a reverse trike, the BRP warranty authorization issue will no longer be an issue for me.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner3773 View Post
    The BEST warranty may be the "best out there for our bikes. However, be aware that under the BEST warranty, BRP may deny the repair depending on what it is and, according to my dealer, who answers the phone at BRP to authorize the BEST repair on that particular day. In my case, my hazing headlights on my RT were denied because the failure was "cosmetic." I wonder if the NTHSA would have the same opinion on the reduced light output of those headlights due to the hazing. Thankfully, BRP did authorize the replacement of the multi-function switch on the left side of my handlebars since I could upshift the transmission with the turn signal switch. $31,000 bike with headlight hazing ?????????????

You definitely need some type of extended warranty for these bikes. I have had repairs under the factory two year warranty and one repair under the extended warranty so far.

If Honda ever builds a reverse trike, the BRP warranty authorization issue will no longer be an issue for me.
    "If Honda ever builds a reverse trike, the BRP warranty authorization issue will no longer be an issue for me."

With Honda, you almost don't even need a warranty. Of course they have over 50 years of building reliable motorcycles under their belt. In that context, BRP is a still taking baby steps. You can bet that when-not if- Honda builds a reverse trike, it will be beautiful, have lots of storage, and be very ​reliable.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    "If Honda ever builds a reverse trike, the BRP warranty authorization issue will no longer be an issue for me."

With Honda, you almost don't even need a warranty. Of course they have over 50 years of building reliable motorcycles under their belt. In that context, BRP is a still taking baby steps. You can bet that when-not if- Honda builds a reverse trike, it will be beautiful, have lots of storage, and be very ​reliable.
    Very true on the warranty. I have owned Honda's for about 44 years. When I bought my current Honda in 2010, the owner of the dealership asked if I was interested in the extended warranty. I just laughed. He laughed too and said, "I had to ask."

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just purchased my 3 year BEST warranty @ $968.00....now I have a warranty till 03/2022
    Expensive but it gives me both peace of mind and a selling point in the future.

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BEST Warranty

Did you buy it from your local Spyder Dealership?
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you are asking me....yes I did.
    They were close enough in the price and I like to give them my business so they have a vested interest in keeping me happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Blue View Post
    Did you buy it from your local Spyder Dealership?

Spyder Garage

You will not believe the difference in cost. Get a several different cost and then go to your dealer. My dealer beat the lowest cost I found by $25.00.

Spyder Garage

DO NOT BUY ROUTE 66. THE WORST!!!!!!. In a loosing battle for a DPS replacement.
    Last edited by Inflatableman; 08-20-2018 at 08:37 AM.
    2016 F3-TSE , Triple Black