Spyder Garage

Default Kuryakyn ISO grips

Hello all, I am so new to this Spyder world.. I am totally enjoying my decision to purchase it. Just thought I;d share that little moment with you. So please help me if you would be so kind.......
    I want to install Kuryakyn ISO grips on my new 17' F3L... Factory grips are way too small I have looked at Lamonster's wonderful demonstration of doing the install of these grips. and I get it.... My question is> do I go with the 7/8 or 1 inch versions as I am getting mixed stories from what I read at this Forum. I can understand why 1 inch might be better because these ISO grips will go over the factory grips with some trimming on the ends. I realize the bars are 7/8..

Has anyone had the trial and error of doing so and realized they should have gone with this instead of that routine.. if you know what I mean.. Local bike shop (Harley mostly) and crew no help at all and say things like where's the Road King girl and &^%$ like thats just to bust 'em... I will smoke em. all once I learn to master this wonderful machine. I can promise you that,,,, Hey I used to race quarter mile on my KZ 900 Kawasaki back in the 70's at NE Dragway.. Still got a few trophies left. and some old scars too........

Thank you to those who have responded to my questions in helping me with my new F3L...I am loving the Spyder and am enjoying the peace and support this forum has provided me. Most Harley rider Forums are well.... a little ruff around the edges....... Not so understanding about new stuff.... MsPolly
    Last edited by SpyderPolly; 08-15-2018 at 10:55 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Not sure....

I would not put any grip over another. There are foam ones that do work well. The issue or questions were mostly if you have heated grips...and getting the oem ones off. Hope those that have installed the ISO gripes will chime in....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Check ytube

I believe Finless Bob did a video installing these.
    Wayne Bishop

2015 RT-S Special Series
    2017 F3 Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    I would not put any grip over another. There are foam ones that do work well. The issue or questions were mostly if you have heated grips...and getting the oem ones off. Hope those that have installed the ISO gripes will chime in....
    +1

A LOT of trouble for not much gain......compared to foam slip-ons for about $15.

And the K replacement grips are HARD and I never liked them.
    I don't think that they even make a grip that is intended to be installed OVER the old ones.

I strongly encourage you to try the foam ones first.
    Little downside......and maybe a lot to gain.
    Last edited by Easy Rider; 08-16-2018 at 02:04 PM.

Spyder Garage

Yup finles did:

shows the permanent modifications just for a grip. FYI the foam grips do allow the heat of heated grips to be felt as well as absorbing some vibrations. Also it you want LidLox will not work with the ISO , not sure if riding with the end cap off is a good thing any slip or slide play?

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Default Saving the heated grips

K grips over the stock grips is if they are heated grips. If your grips are not heated use the 5/8.

Spyder Garage

Another video I did a while later after installing the K grips. My opinions about them.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black